Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

82% of AA men have a high school diploma? that is fantastic. however if 82% have a high school diploma how come 30% are in jail? this contradicts stats on heavy correlation between illiteracy and crime.
see post #179.
a very good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:20 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
to be fair, real divorce rate is 67% 1st time around 2nd time around its 79%.
so AA are not the only ones w/o a daddy.
That ain't the biggest problem. And I'm not looking it up right now, but your figures are probably not right.

Most Black men and women expecting a child don't get married in the first place.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Black families are being shaped by the higher unemployment numbers for Black males. If white males had the unemployment numbers that Black males have then we would see problems with white family stability.

Up to 57% of Milwaukee area's African-American males jobless - JSOnline

This high rate of joblessness triggers various problems in Black communities.
Yeah, but whites actually look for jobs. They aren't jobless because they're black they're jobless because they're lazy pieces of trash. There's plenty of hard working black people.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
To me, a better way to view this is, what has this country done to overcome the collosal shame of slavery and its effects on successive generations of descendants of slaves? What has this country done to close the gap that emerged from slavery, where whites are assumed to be on the top for good and blacks are assumed to be inferior and on the bottom for good? Also, for you Conservatives, why continue to perpetuate ignorance concerning blacks, favor bigotry and racism, and pretend that you're not being propped up by the unearned privilege your skin color affords you, in focusing only on the most negative traits of the black race?

There are a multitude of black people in this country who are brilliant, supremely educated, articulate, full of depth, versatilty, have a sense of integrity, honor, and commitment to excellence. Black people are an extraordinary people. Yet the system asked blacks as a race to start out from a lesser place, then discriminated against successive generations. There are bound to be casualties in the struggle for equality. There are bound to be blacks who just haven't been able to overcome the disadvantages. Maybe the 75% single parent stat is one of them, reflecting this failure of society to overcome historical disadvantages that have had an impact on blacks more than any other race. Why focus on a negative trait, implying that this is indicative of the whole?

It's a reflection of the failure of society, not the race. Conservatives are part of the problem, without question.
Slavery caused Tyneka to have multiple children from multiple dads without marrying a single one of them huh? 150 years later, she hasn't figured out how to be a responsible person?

You haven't done black people any favors with this post.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
AeroGuyDC still hasn't backed up his claim that Black males who "have lived responsibly in society" are doing "just fine" employment-wise.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
82% of AA men have a high school diploma? that is fantastic. however if 82% have a high school diploma how come 30% are in jail? this contradicts stats on heavy correlation between illiteracy and crime.
see post #179.
a very good post.
High school diploma equals good paying job? Ged = high school diploma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
That ain't the biggest problem. And I'm not looking it up right now, but your figures are probably not right.

Most Black men and women expecting a child don't get married in the first place.
Most single black mothers became mothers unexpectedly, it wasn't planned to have kids and not be financially stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Slavery caused Tyneka to have multiple children from multiple dads without marrying a single one of them huh? 150 years later, she hasn't figured out how to be a responsible person?

You haven't done black people any favors with this post.

You're stereotyping hasn't either, higher up you go, more. Responsible the women, you guys and infatuated with low income blacks for some reason.

Whites live in a better environment, I told you ask middle class blacks how much unwanted kids they have. It's very few.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
AeroGuyDC still hasn't backed up his claim that Black males who "have lived responsibly in society" are doing "just fine" employment-wise.
No one is doing "just fine" employment-wise.

Remember that the unemployment rate is still above 8%.

Plus millions of Americans have stopped looking.

The real unemployment rate is above15%.

But, ambitious educated Blacks are doing better than those that just don't give a damn.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Sounds like another racial thread to me. I'll take a wild guess...because unlike rich white kids, who give children up, or have abortions...black people keep their babies and tough it out, just like the rest of us poor folks do.
And, Gay marriage didn't end traditional marriage. Divorce and abuse has done that. I'm a white middle class old lady and these are my opinions.
Jan, The thread title mentions black kids, so what did you expect?

The OP asked a question. Maybe he believes the way to help is to ask the question to better understand the problem... of course not everyone thinks it is a problem.

On an individual basis, there are good people who come from single parent homes, but the trend creates problems.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
High school diploma equals good paying job? Ged = high school diploma.
No diploma = No job.

Quote:
Most single black mothers became mothers unexpectedly, it wasn't planned to have kids and not be financially stable
Screw without a rubber.

Pregnancy unexpected?

"I didn't use a rubber, Oh Wow, I can't believe I'm pregnant".

Quote:
Whites live in a better environment, I told you ask middle class blacks how much unwanted kids they have. It's very few.
Why does the environment make a difference?

OK, so middle class Blacks and Whites have less unwanted pregnancies.

Why don't poor people use contraceptives ........ wait a minute.

The study doesn't report on economic status - it includes Blacks of all economic classes. And the result of the study is that 72% of Black kids are raised in single parent homes.

If you're going to try to convince me that Black people can't put a sheath on their knobs because they are poor or don't know how to, you are going to have to climb a pretty big hill. Especially since rubbers are free at the local taxpayer funded clinic.

***Now this is something I don't know. And it's just a question. Two questions.

(1) Do some Black men have a problem with using contraceptives?

(2) And do some Black women just want to have kids, even though they know that there won't be a Father to help raise them?

Black men and women should be able to see the results of a lack of responsibility regardless of environment. Is it possible that Black people want it this way intentionally?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your attempts to pigeon-hole me are laughable. Especially in light of your absurd comment earlier to prove that "all black men are employed." Keep trying though. It's fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies