Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 08:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I'm trying to debate here EA but if you want to go we can. You have something that happened to you in that black school you ended up in (IMO) that must have done a real number on you if any of your claims are true

You seem to really hate people like me and so you will always want the very worst about us up front in all discussions. Idon'tt feel that I am inferior and your constant blacks are this (but not me) blacks are that (but not me....not EA) is not going to change that.
Uh huh what does any of that have to do with what we are discussing? You asked why not focus on the gap between Whites and Asians. I said the gap is not that significant and your response is that I hate people like you.

Ok whatever you say.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Why are you posting questions to him that he will never ask?

His claim to fame is to continually post disparaging posts about African Americans, claim we are all one in the same and fan up the flames so that the "usual" posters can slap him on the back.
That's because he's "separated at Login" from another very well known poster here. I don't see how other folks aren't spotting it and calling it out. It's waaaaay too obvious. That last thread he put up about not wanting to be black anymore was a dead giveaway. This one is the confirmation.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenrocksociety View Post
I'm wondering why Indians from the nation of India are able to come to the USA and outperform poor white trailer trash.

Why is education not valued in the poor white trailer trash community? Why do white hillbillies prefer shooting guns and drinking cheep beer over reading books?
It's cultural but at the end of the day these same Whites you demean vastly out perform Blacks of all income levels. So what does that say about African- Americans who are beaten academically by "trailer trash"?

Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Uh huh what does any of that have to do with what we are discussing? You asked why not focus on the gap between Whites and Asians. I said the gap is not that significant and your response is that I hate people like you.

Ok whatever you say.
Fine with me since I'm correct. BTW I don't care who hates me......I just get that dirt off my shoulders.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I will simply say what most already know: the average African immigrant can run circles around the average American born black
Since you are Black, does that mean you African counterparts are leaving you in the dust? If you don't know why are you are getting your butt kicked, how are we supposed to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's because he's "separated at Login" from another very well known poster here. I don't see how other folks aren't spotting it and calling it out. It's waaaaay too obvious. That last thread he put up about not wanting to be black anymore was a dead giveaway. This one is the confirmation.
LOL conspiracy theories, you people love them. I guess the reality is too hard to handle. I have but one screen name. Victorpunk is his own man. It really is not that serious it's an internet message board why go through the trouble?

For people who claim African- Americans are not a monolith you seem to think that Blacks folks who have a differing opinion is somehow nefarious.

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The gap between Whites and Asians is not as extreme as between Whites and Blacks so it's a classic straw man argument used to deflect addressing the real problems.
Yes but at the same time, the historical factors are different in that situation. One could argue that in terms of cultural values as they relate to historical issues the disparity is larger between whites and asians given that whites have been historically dominant and therefore have less of an excuse to fail.

America in general deserves its share of criticism. What you have termed "black American culture" sounds to me an awful lot like an extraction of the worst of American culture, or perhaps "trailer trash" culture.

Not that I think any group has an "excuse" to fail, but his point is somewhat valid as is the point of the poster who brought up the hillbillies in WVA.

Quote:
All you want to do is "hate on" black people and portray them as inferior. Your only interest in the problems of the black community is to use these problems to support you view that white people are superior to black people.
If you want to be taken seriously, please understand the difference between racism and cultural stereotyping.

I think Edward here is somewhat hyper-critical and laser focused on only one particular issue that there are many issues analogous to, but when someone can't understand the difference between hating black people and having an issue with what one believes statistically represents "black american culture," it's clear who lacks in critical thinking skills and therefore loses the argument, merits of their positions aside.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
All you want to do is "hate on" black people and portray them as inferior. Your only interest in the problems of the black community is to use these problems to support you view that white people are superior to black people.
Yawn that's not what I'm doing (in fact one of my posts on this thread is a post against that argument).

I guess the low SAT scores of African Americans are reflected on this board. Since many African- American posters on here seem to miss the nuances of the arguments some of us are making.

Carry on. It's your community I really don't care that much anymore it's quite clear African- Americans don't care so why should I?

I just don't want to have to pay for their dysfunction.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:48 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,737 times
Can't you say the same about some second generation Italian Americans versus native Italians

Critics' Picks - Critics' Picks: 'La Dolce Vita' - nytimes.com/video - YouTube

Jersey Shore Best Moments - From Laughs to Fights - YouTube

Old 05-26-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yes but at the same time, the historical factors are different in that situation. One could argue that in terms of cultural values as they relate to historical issues the disparity is larger between whites and asians given that whites have been historically dominant and therefore have less of an excuse to fail.
Whites as a racial group have been dominant but not all Whites shared in the dominance. The Whites in West Virginia descend from primarily Scotch-Irish migrants who were not at the top of the Anglo pecking order. Also Indians who come here tend to be highly educated in their home countries.

Quote:
America in general deserves its share of criticism. What you have termed "black American culture" sounds to me an awful lot like an extraction of the worst of American culture, or perhaps "trailer trash" culture.
I believe it is the worst America has to offer going by the outcomes it generates, vast cultural dysfunction. African- American culture is actually derived more from poor Southern White culture than any other source so I'd agree to extent America deserves some of the blame.
Quote:
Not that I think any group has an "excuse" to fail, but his point is somewhat valid as is the point of the poster who brought up the hillbillies in WVA.
The history of African- Americans is certainly a factor but should not be used a crutch.

Quote:
If you want to be taken seriously, please understand the difference between racism and cultural stereotyping.
Exactly and many of the African- American posters simply can't grasp this very salient concept. Which leads them to make emotional personal attacks.
Quote:
I think Edward here is somewhat hyper-critical and laser focused on only one particular issue that there are many issues analogous to, but when someone can't understand the difference between hating black people and having an issue with what one believes statistically represents "black american culture," it's clear who lacks in critical thinking skills and therefore loses the argument, merits of their positions aside.
Bingo. I don't understand why any criticism of what many believe to be a regressive, negative culture equates to hating African- Americans. Most of my social circle consists of African-Americans and several have made some of the same points I've made on here. There's a problem and it needs to be addressed and rooted out IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies