Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 03:57 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,299,363 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about the whole 'bi-curious', 'bi-chic' trend...while I believe there are full on homosexual people, of course, I believe the majority of people have the capability to enjoy sexual pleasure with the same sex at least occasionally or circumstantially. Noticing the rise in visibility of bisexuals as well as pure homosexuals, it seems that many people seem to want validation for their hedonistic, promiscuous and sexually adventurous behaviour by using 'gay rights' to support it. I'm not outright condemning homosexual behaviour per se as wrong, but it seems with the encouragement of males and society, young women (and now men) are encouraged to 'try out' other women just for the 'experience', to become 'whole', or even because men are so terrible, bad lovers or whatever. In other ways, these mostly straight people use the greater acceptance of homosexuality as a way to have more fun in the bedroom. While I don't believe in a 'lesbian agenda', I have noticed at least some lesbians encouraging this trend since women are a bit more malleable (although it does occur a little bit with men too). They encourage women to at least 'try out' other women, and consider those who don't repressed or not 'open'.

Do you think this is largely an accurate observation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 04:03 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,366,367 times
No. The bisexual men that I have come across and that either befriended me or ugh.....used me as their experiment are actually not into gay rights at all. It seems like you are talking about three ways. I don't really ever remember hearing about those being part of gay rights.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:00 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,641,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I was thinking about the whole 'bi-curious', 'bi-chic' trend...

Do you think this is largely an accurate observation?
You are correct. There is an attempt to make sexual promiscuity chic while mocking sensible practices. Lolo Jones Chant: Tim Tebow Hears About Fellow Virgin At Jets Practice And Jones Responds On Twitter

Old 05-27-2012, 07:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,299,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
No. The bisexual men that I have come across and that either befriended me or ugh.....used me as their experiment are actually not into gay rights at all. It seems like you are talking about three ways. I don't really ever remember hearing about those being part of gay rights.
Well when I hear any discussion about the whole 'bi-curious' or bi-sexual phenomena, gay rights are always brought up, including intolerance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies