Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:02 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

On the story about changing racial demographics, Limbaugh says

"There is an implied threat in this story"

CNN Contributor: Rush Limbaugh Went 'Off The Rails' On Race, Census Story (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Maybe Rush is on the radio here:

Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Seems like Rush was the only one making a big deal about the story.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:52 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
On the story about changing racial demographics, Limbaugh says

"There is an implied threat in this story"

CNN Contributor: Rush Limbaugh Went 'Off The Rails' On Race, Census Story (VIDEO)

I did not hear the show but it sounds like probably yet another out of context distortion from the left. Limbaugh apparently was reacting to a quote in a CNN article that said Republicans were 'white, aging and dying off.' And further it sounds like columnist Navarette, who was so exercised about Limbaugh that he wrote a column about it, was not even aware of the CNN quote. Next time do your homework before spouting, pal.
GOP problem: ‘Their voters are white, aging and dying off’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

How many times have we heard this same claptrap from the left that R's are 'old white people?' I've seen a half-dozen such posts right here on CD from lefty trolls.

This is just a replay of the 'Magic Negro' kerfuffle, wherein Limbaugh quoted some LA Times lib who had written about Obama the 'magic Negro.' Then henceforth libs accuse Limbaugh, not the LA Times lib, of racism.

BTW question for OP...In a previous thread, you defended the use of the term 'white Hispanic.' Would you regard columnist Navarrette (in the video you linked) as 'white hispanic?' I want to be sure I understand the precise way in which present day libs divide Americans into various taxonomic groupings.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Rush speaks his mind for sure and in this stupid P.C. world,they isnt good (safe) to do!

Old 05-27-2012, 02:32 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
How many times have we heard this same claptrap from the left that R's are 'old white people?' I've seen a half-dozen such posts right here on CD from lefty trolls.
Precisely! The small,close-knit club who dominate left-of-center "thinking" on this site are so captivated by their own rhetoric that they will fall over each other teying to twist Limbaugh's frankness into what their "Church" views as Politically Heinous.

And while it must be admitted that much of Limbaugh's early bombaste was designed to draw some pretty simplistic people into his tent, that day has passed. Most of the day-to-day exchange on Limbaugh's broadcast is based upon the rule of simple, empirical reason, drawn more from the thinking of Milton Friedman and the like, than from whoever is the current darling of the Religious Right. I have enough confidence to recognize that there are sufficient numbers of educated people outside the traditional "Ward Cleaver" power base to form a new majority, rather than to be seduced by the Democrats' broken record of sops and tokenism.

You Lefties had your last laugh while your opposition was struggling with the embarrassment that is Rick Santorum. The ranks are closing, and it's generally agreed that while Romney's lukewarm conservatism doesn't always confront the hard choices, it's an improvement over the pure denial that the head-in-the-sand Democrats are currently peddling.

(BTW, the cartoon in Post #2 should also serve as a reminder that it was our own Native peoples who got one of the first, hardest lessons in the dangers of too much trust in Big Government ......

courtesy, in large part, of that Great Commoner, the First Democrat ...... Andrew Jackson!)

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-27-2012 at 03:43 AM..

Old 05-27-2012, 04:36 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
What another leftist waste of bandwidth.

I can't think of a single person who thinks CNN is credible or noteworthy.

But it sure is fun watching heads explode whenever they think of Rush, Sarah, W, and others.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I did not hear the show but it sounds like probably yet another out of context distortion from the left. Limbaugh apparently was reacting to a quote in a CNN article that said Republicans were 'white, aging and dying off.' And further it sounds like columnist Navarette, who was so exercised about Limbaugh that he wrote a column about it, was not even aware of the CNN quote. Next time do your homework before spouting, pal.
GOP problem: ‘Their voters are white, aging and dying off’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is just a replay of the 'Magic Negro' kerfuffle, wherein Limbaugh quoted some LA Times lib who had written about Obama the 'magic Negro.' Then henceforth libs accuse Limbaugh, not the LA Times lib, of racism.

BTW question for OP...In a previous thread, you defended the use of the term 'white Hispanic.' Would you regard columnist Navarrette (in the video you linked) as 'white hispanic?' I want to be sure I understand the precise way in which present day libs divide Americans into various taxonomic groupings.
Excellent, excellent post! I am not a fan of Limbaugh at all but what you stated is the absolute truth. The fact remains that most of these minority births are from illegal alien parents of the Mexican/Latino persuasion. Why would the citizens of any country embrace a demographic shift due to this unnatural and unlawful occurance? How is it racist for a country's citizens to object to this?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:52 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
It isn't, except for the fact that the left's equally convoluted position that mandating the requirement of having a legal ID in order to vote will somehow lead to vote supression.

I know of no other party which ENCOURAGES illegal immigration.

Furthermore, this story has also been dutifully reported by the lefties in the MSM.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:56 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Haha..limbaugh goes on racist rant. CD conservative response, attack CNN. Got to love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies