Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Austerity is taking its toll.
I feel so sorry for you and people like you when Austerityâ„¢ really does come.

If you cannot handle this, then you might as well put your Converse sneakers on and drink the cyanide Kool-Aid, because this ain't squat.

Optimistically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well the participation rate is up.
Dude, I know you gotta be joking, because there ain't no way in hell in you can pay for Social Security and Medicare at less than 66.5%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The unemployment rate that counts discouraged workers rose as well, swelling to 14.8 percent form 14.5 percent in April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
And U6 unemployment rose from 14.5% to 14.8% in May.
Not good. that's a harbinger of things to come.

When the Bush Tax Cuts expire, and they will have to eventually, and when the FICA tax holiday ends, that will have to end eventually as well, and when they raise taxes, because they only way you can continue is by raising taxes, it is gonna be a nightmare.

Discouraging..

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is a lie.

There is no skill crisis. We had full employment 6 years ago. What makes things different now? And to add, tons of educated people are unemployed.
Look, I don't want to mislead you, because I haven't actually researched this, but I believe you do have a skill crisis.

It's at the bottom, not the top. The very last thing you need, is more freaking MBAs, or any college degrees for that matter. You need truck driver's (and that would be tractor-trailers, not wheel-barrows), fork-lift operators, sandwich makers, and things like that.

Skillfully...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
One guy has been the president for 4 years and can't fix the problem, I'll go with the other guy.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Waiting for link.

This is well below the estimate.

News Headlines

Thanks for the link, reported only in objective media sources today. The marxist sources who only report propaganda now, ignored the data.

WAKE UP. The media is "in the tank" for a marxist authoritarian government under Obama. They do not care about the health or prosperity of the nation, as long as their political operative is in control.

DUMP OBAMA AND GIVE THE NATION A CHANCE. EJECT THE MARXISTS!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcredux View Post
This has basically been 20 years in the making. Anyone who blames Obama or whatever president are idiots who are oblivious to the fiscal challenges facing our country.

For twenty years, we have accumulated:
- burdensome workplace regulation
- horrible, outdated education system
- Wild West financial markets with Too Big To Fail banks
- high corporate tax rates
- baby-boomers accustomed to subsidized healthcare
- large portions of the populace who contribute nothing economically
- a laughably low savings rate

The housing bubble concealed this for the last ten years, but now that is over. You can expect many more jobs reports like this, regardless of who is in the White House in 2012. Jesus could be elected. It wouldn't matter.

Say it with me: "We need an economy that can compete in an automated, globalized 21st century. Yes we can! Yes we can!"
It's been ever since Clinton got that NAFTA deal done and made all those trips to China to negotiate away our jobs. Like he said -- he intended to make American compete with third world workers.

And that is the Clinton legacy.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
What a laughing stock. We got an ignorant buffoon as President.
You seem to misunderstand how jobs are created, and who creates them. Listen to what Mitt Romney is saying ... it's the responsibility of private enterprise, not government, to create jobs. And given Pres. Obama's slashing of the federal job force ... it seems to me that it's private industry that's been greedy by making existing employees work much harder for less while refusing to hire more employees. Let's get the facts right, next time.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's the pronblem. The whole world economy is slowing down. EU is in recession with unemployment at 11%, and getting worse due to strict austerity programs. Even China economy is slowing down.
Americans are not unemployed because the economy is bad, the economy is bad because Americans are not employed.

If Americans cannot buy things, of course China is going to be affected.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Obama needs to get government out of the way and create a business friendly environment.

He ain't sending that message.o

That Is His Fault.

That's why there are no jobs? Because Obama is anti businsss? Great. So, what did you see wrong with his jobs plan? Do you think money grows on trees? Or that you have to tax people to get money?

I guess it just grows on trees. Republicans think so. Taxes for more revenue.. bad idea. They'd want more tax on breaks on the rich. Know whats funny? The rich pay less taxes than Joe Blow, as a ratio of their wealth.
So lets give those rich guys a break. After all, they make the jobs, right.
We had rich people under Bush and we had tons of new jobs every month...OH wait.. we totally didn't. So, yah, let's blame Obama. He sucks as bad as Bush. And as bad as Romney will. (Romney said we should be creating 500,000 jobs a month.) I guess magic Romney is gonna beat magic Obama.

Neither one of them can make Spain's bank not fail. Even if they made 20 million jobs a month.

Link something to the message he's sending that he's anti business, please. If you can.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I read somewhere that to put Obama's $5+ trillion in debt into focus,
The total sum of Obamas debt, is equal to about $15,000 per individual, or $60,000 for a family of 4. Thats more than most people make.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
So, yah, let's blame Obama. He sucks as bad as Bush. And as bad as Romney will. (Romney said we should be creating 500,000 jobs a month.) I guess magic Romney is gonna beat magic Obama.
This boils it all down.

Quote:
Neither one of them can make Spain's bank not fail. Even if they made 20 million jobs a month.

Link something to the message he's sending that he's anti business, please. If you can.
Nobody can make Spains bank not fail. Nobody can force our markets back up to pre-recession numbers. (and stay there)

They need to quit trying. Things have to find their natural bottom and we simply have to accept that and slowly improve from there.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
You seem to misunderstand how jobs are created, and who creates them. Listen to what Mitt Romney is saying ... it's the responsibility of private enterprise, not government, to create jobs. And given Pres. Obama's slashing of the federal job force ... it seems to me that it's private industry that's been greedy by making existing employees work much harder for less while refusing to hire more employees. Let's get the facts right, next time.
I guess he changed his mind then.He said with the stimulus money he could create jobs and keep unemployment under 7%. He just today claimed if they would do what he says again he could creats jobs.Not even democratic congress is going to be fooled twice :i guess. All we need is more Sylindra's wasted money creating thsoe jobs or more shovel ready. Its wasn't jobs Obama was shoveling to the public.Alan greenspan said today that this is reminding him of the last days of the Carter adminsitration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies