Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now listen here you conservative bad guy, you. When some of these atheists come up with all their proof of things like that one you are to believe and not try to prove them wrong.

Nice group of links that none of them will read word one of since they may have their minds opened up a bit. Not much but a bit.

You just got a rep point with all those links.
Roy, I've read those links countless times. I used to be a Creationist. I know their arguments better than most Conservatives.

Our minds our quite open, which is why we dismissed such creationist claims as invalid, because they have been adequately disproven by science.

Do you just accept any claim as factual, because a website says it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Golly, I saw some names in those links Bohm offered up with the letters Ph.D behind them. I wonder if those were self-appointed Ph.Ds.

All your peer researched crap can go with the Global Warmers and their peer researched knowledge. The peers were just some other who got money from the UN for agreeing.

If you hadn't said that as the way truth is arrived at I wouldn't have even answered but those words, peer reviewed, don't fit that proven falsehood they tried to take us with.
And you accuse us of being closed minded? Do you not even realize you're doing the same thing? Dismissing actual science based on some ridiculous conspiracy theory? And then you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL...Adults believing that two of every animal magically made it somewhere in the middle east, fit on a boat, survived for 40 days and later returned to where they were originally to repopulate the planet because an invisible man in the sky decided to drown every other living creature...Damn shame, and they want to teach this junk along side science..Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why don't Medical schools still have debates about whether leeches are an effective treatment.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:16 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
I can ask you but couldn't those two who came before you. Why do we call the theory that is evolution a theory any longer since it is settled science? I don't like the creationist story all the way but sure do wonder why evolution is still called a theory. Hell that is what creationism is, too.
When did evolution become settled?? Did they find the transitonal forms while I was sleeping?

A snake jumped straight to being a bird?? A monkey to a man???

DNA as Evidence for Intelligent Design - YouTube

Does God exist? The Intelligent Design - YouTube

Old 06-02-2012, 09:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Why don't Medical schools still have debates about whether leeches are an effective treatment.
funny you should mention that, there are doctors in this country that ARE using leaches again in certain circumstances, as well as maggots, to treat certain issues.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:31 AM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
That's why you work with local school boards to have intelligence design taught along evolution so children can have an alternative perspective.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:43 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Nor should it be, any more than:
Chemistry vs Alchemy, or The Holocaust: Did It Really Happen?, or The Twin Towers: Inside Job?.

Baseless nonsensical drivel completely unsupported by any actual evidence has no place in the classroom.

Quit trying to undermine science education in this country. For those who insist on brainwashing children with complete garbage, we already have thousands of private religious schools who are very well-versed and adept at such things.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
funny you should mention that, there are doctors in this country that ARE using leaches again in certain circumstances, as well as maggots, to treat certain issues.
Whooosh! Right over your head.

The previous poster was clearly referring to the bygone practice of bloodletting to remove the negative 'humors' from the blood.

Well... I guess you're proof that it is not clear to everyone...

Old 06-02-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
When did evolution become settled?? Did they find the transitonal forms while I was sleeping?

A snake jumped straight to being a bird?? A monkey to a man???
Oh look, someone else who hasn't the foggiest clue what evolution is. A monkey turning to a man would disprove the theory of evolution. Evolution does not say that's possible.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
That's why you work with local school boards to have intelligence design taught along evolution so children can have an alternative perspective.
May as well just ask the kids what they want to hear and teach that. Silly muggles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies