Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 02:29 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,242,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
It will never be legal everywhere. Not as long as anybody breathing now is alive anyway. It will be legal in maybe 20 states eventually and the states that do not have legal gay marriage will be forced to legally recognize gay marriages performed in other states.
Yep. This is about 100% spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 02:45 AM

475 posts, read 509,156 times
Third world countries have legal gay marriage but the "first" one doesnt. Go figure...

Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 AM

33,573 posts, read 37,198,452 times
Quote:
It will never be legal everywhere. Not as long as anybody breathing now is alive anyway. It will be legal in maybe 20 states eventually and the states that do not have legal gay marriage will be forced to legally recognize gay marriages performed in other states.
I believe it will, at least in modern nations, Countries Where Gay Marriage is Legal

Old 06-02-2012, 03:29 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,080,904 times
No.

It will lead to less business.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 AM

7,976 posts, read 7,366,716 times
If the items are not a big seller, they will end up on the clearance rack, and then disappear from the stores entirely. The stores are not going to waste space on a trendy item if it is just going to sit there. I work at a high school, and I have not seen even one kid wearing one or anything else with a "rainbow". They'd probably be afraid to because they'd get made fun of. Anybody wearing one of those in our local bars/clubs would get the crap beaten out of them. I don't know how it is in the cities/suburbs, but that is the way it is here in rural Pennsyltucky.

Next year we'll probably see racks full of them at the Good Will.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:08 AM

475 posts, read 509,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Anybody wearing one of those in our local bars/clubs would get the crap beaten out of them. I don't know how it is in the cities/suburbs, but that is the way it is here in rural Pennsyltucky.
They would beat someone because they wear a shirt like this ? and then we wonder why the rest of the country see rural areas as a backward place that has zero tolerance. Im glad i live in a big city.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,696,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
This degradation of our society is so sad. We are literally being forcefed the gay agenda.
And that's what makes it so offensive.

I think I'll start a business selling 'straight' merchandise. There sure seems to be a market for it. Problem is, straights don't feel the need to advertise and get in faces. Shoot, we don't even have a flag.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,405,847 times
Quote:
Most of those people shop at Walmart and Walmart will never ever sell gay items of any kind.
Yes. They do.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:25 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,056,374 times
Quote:
Most of those people shop at Walmart and Walmart will never ever sell gay items of any kind.
What, you have every piece of inventory carried by Wal Mart memorized?

Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,399,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And that's what makes it so offensive.
Nothing makes it offensive. No harm is being done whatsoever. Sure, you can claim there's harm in it, but you cannot and will not provide any support for such a claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I think I'll start a business selling 'straight' merchandise. There sure seems to be a market for it. Problem is, straights don't feel the need to advertise and get in faces. Shoot, we don't even have a flag.
To the exact same extent as homosexuals, yes, we do. Try watching TV, listening to the radio, or just going to a public place and looking around. You'll find heterosexual 'advertisement' everywhere, and it will most certainly be in your face. There is no difference.

I couldn't be happier than to see all of these big businesses promoting "the gay agenda" (known to non-extremists as tolerance and equality). The world is embracing acceptance of homosexuality at a rapid rate. Whether those who are against it adapt or die out, there's really nothing that can stop it now

Quote:
Unisex Gay Pride Watches for sale!... Guess where?
Walmart.com: Whimsical Watches Unisex Gay Pride Black Skin Leather and Silver Tone Watch: Watches

(thanks to jjrose, for pointing this out in another thread)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies