Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 04:51 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
BILL you are a Hicks...where ever you are if you even know where you are.

Do you think that Jimi Hendrix could function on LSD...You can barely find the bathroom stoned on that stuff. Wishful thinking novices imagine that talent comes from a chemical. I played music all my life- I wrote and recorded...preformed live once in a while....Good players are stone cold sober when they perform...Smoking pot while playing- Might make you THINK that you are sounding good- but the truth is dope effects your hearing...The imagination is so warped you really can't tell if you are in tune or not...You become slightly tone deaf.

Also when you smoke pot- Your blood sugar level drops and so does the energy level...making for a weaker performance that YOU think is great.

Booze is the same thing- Great bands that are super tight- have a rule- no drinking on stage- It kills the energy.

The best performance you can achieve is when you are confident- well fed- hydrated and have slept well.

Now lets mention cocaine...You think you have more energy- but you don't- You think that each little riff you play is wonderful..but it is not -also after years of use you become a habitual liar and enjoy a nice case of mental illness.

This busness that dope can make you more than you are or more creative is a myth. I know this young jazz guitar player- He fashions himself like he is out of the 70s....YES he can move around the fret board at breakneck speed...but the guy can not really play a tune or a song....He always plays completely stoned out of his mind- He could be great and famous- But dope makes him stupid.

DOPE has destroyed thousands of great musicians who lacked confidence and became dependent on it to "find the grove" - as for every day chronic use...I have a brother that has not really spoken to me in years over some misunderstanding- He is high all day long---so dreamed out that he can not come to his senses to understand that there is no negative issue between us...I lost the company of a brother who is a chronic smoker.

When I go to visit my wife- It's like being intellectually alone- she smokes daily and there is no one there to really talk to- it makes her stupid- and stupid is boring.
Marijuana does not affect motor skills. It also can enhance creativity, which is great for the writing process. Much of the music you have heard and probably enjoy greatly has been written under the influence of marijuana. Other drugs as well, though I'm not sure why you are bringing up other drugs in this thread on marijuana.

Oh, you know a jazz musician who smokes a lot but can't come up with moving melodies? I guess that means anyone who uses marijuana will suck at creating melodies! Do you think about what you read? What about all the great musicians like the Beatles who wrote good melodies while stoned?

By the way where did you get that marijuana makes you tone-deaf? BS.

Did you go burn all your albums, tapes and CDs yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 04:57 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
I see nothing useful in legalizing marijuana except that there will be more hippie potheads and drug addicts.
Hm ya... Freedom isn't very useful is it?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And more crime.
Did the crime rate go up or down when prohibition ended? The ones in Chicago that weren't murdered by the criminals involved in the bootlegging business will tell you crime went down.

Read up on what happened in Portugal.

"None of the nightmare scenarios touted by preenactment decriminalization opponents – from rampant increases in drug usage among the young to the transformation of Lisbon into a haven for “drug tourists”-has occurred.

The true effects of Portuguese decriminalization can be understood only by comparing postdecriminalization usage and trends in Portugal with other EU states, as well as with non-EU states (such as the United States, Canada, and Australia) that continue to criminalize drugs even for personal usage. And in virtually every category of any significance, Portugal, since decriminalization, has outperformed the vast majority of other states that continue to adhere to a criminalization regime.

Although postdecriminalization usage rates have remained roughly the same or even decreased slightly when compared with other EU states, drug-related pathologies-such as sexually transmitted diseases and deaths due to drug usage-have decreased dramatically."

Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Marijuana does not affect motor skills. It also can enhance creativity, which is great for the writing process. Much of the music you have heard and probably enjoy greatly has been written under the influence of marijuana. Other drugs as well, though I'm not sure why you are bringing up other drugs in this thread on marijuana.

Oh, you know a jazz musician who smokes a lot but can't come up with moving melodies? I guess that means anyone who uses marijuana will suck at creating melodies! Do you think about what you read? What about all the great musicians like the Beatles who wrote good melodies while stoned?

By the way where did you get that marijuana makes you tone-deaf? BS.

Did you go burn all your albums, tapes and CDs yet?
I highly doubt that poster is a musician at all.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican
I see nothing useful in legalizing marijuana except that there will be more hippie potheads and drug addicts.
And more crime.

Sorry- Less crime- much less. By making it legal would drastically drop the price. No longer would a marijuana crop be the high dollar cash crop that it is now. Drop the price and there is no longer any reason or temptation to rob or murder someone over it.

I used to live in a small town that would not survive without the Marijuana industry. The town was a very peaceful and friendly community and everyone knew everyone. As with all communities, there are bad apples in the mix. Crime is going to happen no matter where you are.
The crime within the small community consisted of people coming up from the city and killing the nice guy that everyone in town lived because he was so helpful and generous. In other words, the criminals came from outside the area and were motivated by money/greed. All robberies where committed by speed freaks and not 'pot heads'. The 'pot heads' held jobs or owned a business or worked independantly and had enough money they did not need to steal. Occasionally some growers would get to greedy and there would be a disagreement between 'business' partners &/or workers. That sort of crime, while still bad, was kept within the confines of those involved, not a random person. The assaults that happened was fueled by speed or alcohol and was usually 'redneck' beating on the 'hippie' type of prejudice.

Make marijuana legal and the crimes associated with marijuana completely go away....all that's left are the speed freaks. That is a much more volatile problem.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Peter Tosh - Bush Doctor - YouTube

dang it!!!! just legalize it,, people are going to do it no matter if its illegal or legal...

america seems to be good at starting wars it can never win

Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
And more crime.
Actually when everyone who buys/sells and uses aren't criminals anymore the crime rate will INSTANTLY drop by a dramatic number

If you have information to the contrary lay it on us. Otherwise admit defeat.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
And more crime.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
Oh noes, can't have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sorry, but the onus is on YOU, the anti "legalize it" forces to show why it is illegal in the first place. We already know the "REEFER MADNESS" BS you guys used to make it illegal was a big lie, so where is the justification????
There is no justification. Just lies, fear, and propaganda. That and they simply don't like it, and and don't agree with it, so therefore nobody else is allowed. That is the mind set of an authoritarian. It's all about controlling others!

Quote:
And more crime.
Have you not learned your history? Here is a clue: Prohibition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Marijuana was criminalized by a short-sighted president who later was basically impeached in the Watergate scandal. (Nixon was dumber than a bucket of nails) Of course, now we know the terrible cost of criminalizing marijuana. Drug cartels. Millions of lives damaged - and thousands ruined - by imprisonments. Hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars wasted. And an arrest rate that makes China's arrest rate look like child's play.

At least when we had Prohibition, we REPEALED it after 14 years. And that was ALCOHOL, which is more harmful than weed. But here we are in 2012 - 42 years after the marijuana was criminalized federally as a Schedule I drug - and we've seen the horrifying consequences for probably 35-40 years now. We have states that are attempting to legalize marijuana, but the feds won't (profanity) off and at least leave it to the states, or better yet, legalize and regulate it by requiring a license to grow and sell and limiting it to those 18 and up. With the taxes from that, we could combat hard drugs and truly make a safer society.
Marijuana was banned well before Nixon. However, he did step up the efforts to go after users as well as those cultivating and distributing it. I laugh at it being statused as a Schedule 1 narcotic, considering you have other much more dangerous substances that can actually KILL YOU if you ingest too much at one time! What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican
And more crime.

Sorry- Less crime- much less. By making it legal would drastically drop the price. No longer would a marijuana crop be the high dollar cash crop that it is now. Drop the price and there is no longer any reason or temptation to rob or murder someone over it.

I used to live in a small town that would not survive without the Marijuana industry. The town was a very peaceful and friendly community and everyone knew everyone. As with all communities, there are bad apples in the mix. Crime is going to happen no matter where you are.
The crime within the small community consisted of people coming up from the city and killing the nice guy that everyone in town lived because he was so helpful and generous. In other words, the criminals came from outside the area and were motivated by money/greed. All robberies where committed by speed freaks and not 'pot heads'. The 'pot heads' held jobs or owned a business or worked independantly and had enough money they did not need to steal. Occasionally some growers would get to greedy and there would be a disagreement between 'business' partners &/or workers. That sort of crime, while still bad, was kept within the confines of those involved, not a random person. The assaults that happened was fueled by speed or alcohol and was usually 'redneck' beating on the 'hippie' type of prejudice.

Make marijuana legal and the crimes associated with marijuana completely go away....all that's left are the speed freaks. That is a much more volatile problem.

Well said. The only crime usually is from the outsiders, and the fact that it is on the black market. Legalize pot, and you take the criminal element out of it.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
It's all that they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies