Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

I think the whole thing will be done away with.

Gonna be exciting waiting on pins and needles for the BREAKING NEWS!

I can't wait.

Honestly, if I weren't retired, I would be tempted to call in sick so I could watch it.

lol

What does everybody think will happen? Am I the only one here who's excited?

Old 06-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
I don't think America is ready for everyone to have insurance. Other countries can handle it, we obviously can't. And their insurance is cheaper and they have a similiar quality of life. Some, such as Japan, have some of the longest living people in the World. America doesn't need any of that. We want brutal hospital bills, soaring Medicare costs, and for our medical industry to make more money than many nations in the world. That's how we roll.

This is a serious defeat for Obama. I'm sure many people with insurance will rejoice. I'm sure those with a pre-existing condition who can't find any will be disheartened. Obama tried to get...what was it .. 54 million people .. or about 1/6th of the US population some kind of insurance. He failed miserably. What a terrible president. It's like, even when he tries to help 1/6th of the nation out, he just can't stop being a failure.

Think about this : the massive expansion of Medicaid and community health centers, improved Medicare benefits, tough and smart insurance reforms, an awesome patients' bill of rights, and banning pre-existing conditions discrimination (for children now and for everyone in 2014. It's gonna be not happening. `

It's a huge win for people that hated that kind of government intrusion into ther lives. And for the insurance companies that spent millions and millions of dollars lobbying to defeat this, because, hey, they want to help you, and Obamacare is obviously not in your best interest.

Insurance companies; They're your best pal, ever.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,615 times
Let's wait for the decision. You realize the whole thing could very likely be gamed by the left, don't you?

It *should* go down in flames but nothing is over yet.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:59 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
I'm hoping that it is overturned tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'll be at work but checking the news feeds often.

Oh, and 70Ford, you must have your facts messed up. The insurance industry was behind Obamacare. Just think of all the new people forced to buy their product. They wanted this and worked with the administration to help write it. They did NOT lobby against it, are you serious?

Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,104,044 times
Its all up to Kennedy. Unfortunately the other 8 justices are so dogmatic that the lawyers arguing wouldn't even need to show up for those 8.

My guess is it will be overturned. As a healthcare providerand a Christian I'm disappointed too. Back to the old ways of America, where treating people like crap is ok as long as you make a profit for yourself and your stockholders.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:04 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Yeah, who wants kids, adults under 26 and honest people with pre-existing conditions to have health insurance. Big win for America...Please.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
It's a huge win for people that hated that kind of government intrusion into ther lives. And for the insurance companies that spent millions and millions of dollars lobbying to defeat this, because, hey, they want to help you, and Obamacare is obviously not in your best interest.
Yes. And that's what it's all about.

Insurance is none, make that NONE of the government's business. Period.

I agree the entire business of insurance needs to be overhauled, but it's not the government's job.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:12 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
you mean I may not have to pay a big obama fine for paying all my healthcare bills cash and being labeled a scoflaw criminal by the IRS for it? how American. I can use my obama fine money for my next yearly cancer checkup instead of sending it to him so he can give free healthcare to a less deserving leech who chooses not to work. now we are talking,I like it.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you mean I may not have to pay a big obama fine for paying all my healthcare bills cash and being labeled a scoflaw criminal by the IRS for it? how American. I can use my obama fine money for my next yearly cancer checkup instead of sending it to him so he can give free healthcare to a less deserving leech who chooses not to work. now we are talking,I like it.
Yep. All the bills associated with my heart attack were paid for in CASH. And I got really nice discounts for doing it that way, too.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:21 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Yeah, who wants kids, adults under 26 and honest people with pre-existing conditions to have health insurance. Big win for America...Please.
Obama care would never help me cause I am a cancer survivor yeah they must accept me for ins but at $3000 a month.I dont even make that much a month so I get to pay the obama fine cause I cant afford the cost. the money for the fine would be the money I pay cash for at my yearly cancer screening so that leaves my screwed while obama stole my health care money Please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies