Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Leader Pelosi, as the media refers to the woman, says that 43 suits about religious freedom don't mean that Catholics are in favor of the suers.

She's partially right but confused as usual. I know a lot of Catholics and former Catholics that disagree with many things the Catholic church imposes BUT they aren't going to agree with the government sticking their noses into it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 02:08 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
She's partially right but confused as usual. I know a lot of Catholics and former Catholics that disagree with many things the Catholic church imposes BUT they aren't going to agree with the government sticking their noses into it either.
I cannot recall the last time I said this, but she is correct on this point.
And CINOS outnumber church goers for the RCC. Thank their pedophile issues for much of that. The emperor has no clothes.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:36 AM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Some of the Bishops took issue with the government's stand on things other than healthcare provided birth control. There was no press conference by the Catholics in Congress.

Rome has told a group of American nuns to sit down and shut up. Are they still forming a not for profit in order to leave the authority of Rome?

Pelosi is not the only one who does not agree with every word from the Pope's lips.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:55 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Catholics in the USA have traditionally been overwhelmingly Democrats. The Church's teaching on social justice coincides with much of the Democratic Party's agenda. On economic issues the Catholic Church is very liberal, on social issues very conservative. In sum an anti-libertarian agenda.

I am a CINO myself. My libertarian principles go against much of Catholic Doctrine. Unlike Nancy the Loon I recognize my views are not in line with Catholic teachings.

The fact is the Catholic Church has a 1st Amendment right to present their teachings and to be able to refuse to engage in "sinful" activity as defined by them.

Yes but the 1st Ammendment prohits tham from enforcing their Church Teachings on the rest of us using Federal Law as a tool. If that is the case then Grand Ayatolla Khatami, The Dali Lama and the Patriarch in Moscow not to mention Emperor Akihito and Queen Elizabeth II heads of the religions called Shinto the Anglican Church should use these tools as well!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The people she is talking about are CINO's, including herself.
Base on polls I've seen specifically on issues regarding birth control, that would be the majority of American Catholics.

Americans, Including Catholics, Say Birth Control Is Morally OK

Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Base on polls I've seen specifically on issues regarding birth control, that would be the majority of American Catholics.

Americans, Including Catholics, Say Birth Control Is Morally OK
All of the catholics that I know were either born and raised in it and find it too hard to leave because it's so familiar to them. they don't agree with everthing the church says, but merely use it as a "framework" or "place to worship", even the gay catholics that i know. If they'd just use their brain and follow their hearts a little more, I believe that they could find a religious home that could embrace them more. But, that is their choice to remain there.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Catholics and their occasional adherence to men in funny costumes makes me cringe.

Strange coming from you. Take a good hard look at your gay parades. Talk about "funny costumes."

Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Pelosi has long ago discarded any legitimacy she might have ever owned. Nobody outside of her local supporters listen to anything she says any longer.

If by some chance the (D)'s would win back the House there is no way they would allow her to "lead" again.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Yes but the 1st Ammendment prohits tham from enforcing their Church Teachings on the rest of us using Federal Law as a tool. If that is the case then Grand Ayatolla Khatami, The Dali Lama and the Patriarch in Moscow not to mention Emperor Akihito and Queen Elizabeth II heads of the religions called Shinto the Anglican Church should use these tools as well!
One, the 1st Amendment does not apply to foreigners.

More importantly, the Catholic Church is not forcing teachings on anyone.

Only government can legally force anyone to do anything.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
500 years ago they just arrested and burned them. with open discourse control becomes much more difficult.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-10-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies