Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,773,186 times

Advertisements

I don't think homosexuals have an agenda, though I have to question your agenda: creating an account just to hate on gays? Seems suspicious to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't think the majority of homosexual couples want children, which is why there's such a small sample. And gay male couples want that less than female lesbian couples, which is why the sample of gay male parenting is so small.

What gives you this idea?

Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,678,248 times
Quote:
Only two of the 1.7 percent of respondents who reported a parental same-sex relationship reported living with that couple as parents for their entire childhood
Speaking of agendas...

Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'd much rather see a child grow up in a loving home with 2 gay parents than see them grow up in the foster system being pulled from family to family.

That's like saying I would rather lose a toe than an arm.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't think the majority of homosexual couples want children, which is why there's such a small sample. And gay male couples want that less than female lesbian couples, which is why the sample of gay male parenting is so small.
Tell that to these same sex parents
Quote:
Recent estimates from the 2008 ACS show 13.9 percent of male-male unmarried couple and 26.5 percent of female-female unmarried couple households contain children2. A larger percentage of opposite-sex households contain children, as 43 percent of both married opposite-sex couple and unmarried opposite-sex couple households contain children.
http://www.census.gov/population/www...PAA%202011.pdf

Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'd much rather see a child grow up in a loving home with 2 gay parents than see them grow up in the foster system being pulled from family to family.
Oh thank you, for having sense. Or see children that are abused from a foster family, or from a family with Mom and Dad, who can give a damn about their children. They are around too.
I rather see a child any day, in a loving enviroment with caring, and consideration for the child, then in a enviroment with two parents, who just don't care. I have known some of them.

I rather see children happy and loved, instead of bounced from this family to that family, over and over again.

Disagree with this study. I know women who were married at one time. Had children. Have a partner now, and when their children were small, they have still been with the same partner over 20 years. Some marriages don't even last that long. The children now grown, are smart, in college, and in no way seem that their family life had any impact on them as they were growing in a negative way at all.

I feel if most children are going to be bounced from this family or that foster family, over and over again, without a stable life. They just want to be in a family setting that is stable, and want to be loved.

A long long time ago, i knew a child who was abused in the foster system, it messed him up really bad.

And you have Moms and Dad's now killing their own children. What is the difference if children have two parents who just plain love them, and care for them.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's like saying I would rather lose a toe than an arm.
I'm sure lots of people look at it that way and that's fine, I'm not trying to start a war about it.

I'm a conservative guy who believes that a traditional male/female couple can be the best to raise a child, notice I said "can". I would much rather see 2 lesbians raise a child in a good, non-violent home than for a straight couple raise a child in a violent home. Just because a couple is straight doesn't automatically make them better parents than a gay couple and there are millions of children in this country who need parens/families/homes. If gay people want to spend the money that it takes to adopt a child and they pass the crazy criteria that you have to pass to adopt a child I say go for it.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
Study Questioning Same-Sex Parenting Draws Fire - Yahoo! News

The research surveyed almost 3,000 18- to 39-year-olds. Most were raised by heterosexual parents, but 175 had mothers who at one point had same-sex relationships and another 73 of whom had dads once in same-sex relationships. The results suggested that children of these parents are more likely than kids in other family structures to be on public assistance, unemployed or in therapy as adults, among other negative outcomes.

Of course "social scientists" attack the study because they have a homosexual agenda and can't deal with the facts of the study.
Funny how lefties lean on "studies" when they support their agenda.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Funny how lefties lean on "studies" when they support their agenda.
Did you even read the link?
The study was seriously flawed. It compared children of married couples to children of divorced parents. There were only 2 children that were raised their whole life with a same sex couple.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 PM

57 posts, read 50,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post

Of course "social scientists" attack the study because they have a homosexual agenda and can't deal with the facts of the study.
sure, keep telling yourself that. they debate the study because anyone who purely accepts one study as 100% proof is a total idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies