Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Which doesn't mean that Amazon is going to use the established call centers for a project that requires DEDICATED support. In fact, in order to maintain the level of service and security the State Department requires, it's quite likely they will create new call centers, either completely independent, or within their existing call centers but located separately, with secure computers and access only by designated staff.
It doesnt say they require a dedicated staff, again read the RFP.. What it says is

The Contractor must be able to provide a dedicated 24/7 help desk to support inquires from the DoS and its partners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Isnt it great that you can just imagine things to be true that arent, because the RFP doesnt state anything like that. it SPECIFICIALLY STATES 2500 kindles, with up to a 5 year contract. You can speculate that Amazon might give tens of thousands more Kindles out of the kindness of their heart for free, but I'm not a fool.
It specifically states an INITIAL order for 2500 Kindles, with no restrictions placed on additional Kindles. And it doesn't state anywhere that the POTENTIAL value of the contract has to be $16,500,000. In fact, in ENGLISH, we know that in this context that POTENTIAL is the MAXIMUM value, and that the services and equipment purchased by the State Department may never meet that MAXIMUM value.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
It doesnt say they require a dedicated staff, again read the RFP.. What it says is

[LEFT][/LEFT]
[SIZE=3]The Contractor must be able to provide a dedicated 24/7 help desk to support inquires from the DoS and its partners.
[/SIZE]
You do read, don't you?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The original RFP does not include 7,000 per year, and does not include a cost to setting up a call center.

The RFP requires

The Contractor must be able to provide a dedicated 24/7 help desk to support inquires from the DoS and its partners.

Meaning that the call centers are already established in Amazons
Yes, the contract includes call centers like I thought. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You do read, don't you?
I meant it doesnt say anything about a need for a dedicated call center or the need to establish one, which was your claim.

Do you really think Amazon is going to create a new call center in the middle of no where, or do you think its more likely they will use a current call center and dedicate 2-3 employees to a phone line setup?

Come on, think man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the contract includes call centers like I thought. Thanks.
Thats not what you claimed.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
It specifically states an INITIAL order for 2500 Kindles,
Yes,
Quote:
with no restrictions placed on additional Kindles.
That doesnt mean they will be provided FOR FREE
Quote:
And it doesn't state anywhere that the POTENTIAL value of the contract has to be $16,500,000. In fact, in ENGLISH, we know that in this context that POTENTIAL is the MAXIMUM value,
The MAXIMUM value is $16,500,000 with 2500 kindles.. THATS WHAT THE RFP SAYS
Quote:
and that the services and equipment purchased by the State Department may never meet that MAXIMUM value.
True, the state department could abandon the program after the first year and not exercise the option. I stated that very clearly above.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I meant it doesnt say anything about a need for a dedicated call center.. which was your claim.

Do you really think Amazon is going to create a new call center in the middle of no where, or do you think its more likely they will use a current call center and dedicate 2-3 employees to a phone line setup?

Come on, think man...

Thats not what you claimed.
DEDICATED support.

I never said anything about DEDICATED call centers. Again, you do read?

I said that to provide DEDICATED service of this nature will be like setting up a company-within-a-company, with DEDICATED staff and training, DEDICATED equipment.

As for setting up a new call center, or stealing space in their existing call centers, I would think that will largely depend on the success of this program over the next five years.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
DEDICATED support.

I never said anything about DEDICATED call centers. Again, you do read?

I said that to provide DEDICATED service of this nature will be like setting up a company-within-a-company, with DEDICATED staff and training, DEDICATED equipment.

As for setting up a new call center, or stealing space in their existing call centers, I would think that will largely depend on the success of this program over the next five years.
What you said was
Quote:
Which doesn't mean that Amazon is going to use the established call centers
And this was in response to another poster saying the money was to establish a dedicated call center..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Talk about misinformation. It says intial order of 2 500 and then 7000 per year, and the cost includes setting up call centers.
There is NOTHING which says a dedicated call center will be established, and the fact that they will dedicate a handful of employees to take care of a $3M yearly contract, cry me a river.. boo hoo hoo..

Old 06-13-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Yes,

That doesnt mean they will be provided FOR FREE

The MAXIMUM value is $16,500,000 with 2500 kindles.. THATS WHAT THE RFP SAYS

True, the state department could abandon the program after the first year and not exercise the option. I stated that very clearly above.
It means they will be provided within the MAXIMUM budget of $16,500,000. The 2500 number and the $16,500,000 number are not linked. The 2500 number is for a certain number of units to be initially supplied to the program. The $16,500,000 number is the ceiling that the program can cost. Two different things, without the relationship you so stridently insist upon.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
What you said was

And this was in response to another poster saying the money was to establish a dedicated call center..

There is NOTHING which says a dedicated call center will be established, and the fact that they will dedicate a handful of employees to take care of a $3M yearly contract, cry me a river.. boo hoo hoo..
So you are holding ME responsible for someone else's post. Just another example, I guess, of your command of logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies