Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
BINGO, thats why the additional readers ARENT OVERED BY THIS CONTRACT. You are now posting data which says your wrong
I'm talking about your math. How do you get $94/year for a Kindle that's delivered in Year 5. You don't. You're not even costing correctly.

Quote:
I know, I quoted it NUMEROUS times to prove you guys are wrong. Again, you are now posting data which says your wrong AGAIN..

Sure it does, if each one HAS A COST TO THEM not IN THIS BUDGET. It wouldnt say indefinite quantity at a TOTAL COST of $16,500,00 of them. Again, you are posting data to prove you are wrong.

What if they order 16,500,000 of them, whats the cost per unit? Do you really think it will be $1 per kindle with support contracts included?
How many times do I have to say this: THIS. IS. NOT. THE. CONTRACT!

It's the paperwork justifying the contract. We don't know what # of Kindles will be ordered. What we do know is if all the Kindles that they are requesting get delivered, it will end up being a 16.5M contract.

If the contract was for 2500 Kindles this J&A would say the order is for 2500 Kindles. It wouldn't say it's approximately 2500 immediately, and it wouldn't mention that they need more than that. It would say flatly: This order is for 2500 Kindles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
It's probably unlimited because the state department and Hillary are running Iraq now. She is her own little warlord over there. They gotta pay for "stuff" somehow.

First of all what the hell do they even need a Kindle for? Reading govt documents my arse. They got PC's for that. I'm sure most of em if they ever find their way into the hands of these flunkies will just be used to play games and check the weather or post some shots to facebook of their location paid for by the taxpayers or playing angry bird.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
I can't believe this stupid thread is still going, and that pghquest is still trying to do math.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm talking about your math. How do you get $94/year for a Kindle that's delivered in Year 5. You don't. You're not even costing correctly.
The fact that your questioning the math on fugures YOU used, has me laughing..

You said 35,000 units, cost is $16,500,000, 5 year contract
$94.25 per unit / year

Now you are even questioning figures you posted
Quote:
How many times do I have to say this: THIS. IS. NOT. THE. CONTRACT!
I agree, its a RFP, which leads to a contract.
Quote:
It's the paperwork justifying the contract. We don't know what # of Kindles will be ordered. What we do know is if all the Kindles that they are requesting get delivered, it will end up being a 16.5M contract.
We know that 2,500 kindles will be ordered at a $16,500,000 cost, THATS IT. There is nothing at all to show that other kindles will be provided at no additional charge, and you yourself, is questioning the figures you posted above.
Quote:
If the contract was for 2500 Kindles this J&A would say the order is for 2500 Kindles. It wouldn't say it's approximately 2500 immediately, and it wouldn't mention that they need more than that. It would say flatly: This order is for 2500 Kindles.
You just said its a justification for a contract, not a contract, so there would be no need to state the exact amount until its computed. But 2,500 kindles is no where close to the 35,000 kindles you claimed would be ultimately ordered.

Again, why stop at 35,000 kindles? If there is no additiional cost for additional Kindles, why not order 10 BILLION of them?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's probably unlimited because the state department and Hillary are running Iraq now. She is her own little warlord over there. They gotta pay for "stuff" somehow.
Its unlimited because Amazon will produce whatever quantity you want if you are willing to pay EXTRA..

Its like going to mcDonalds and they agree to sell you an unlimited number of Big Macs for $3.99 each.. They will just keep producing them as long as your paying for them.

They wont however produce an unlimited number of Big Macs for $16 Million, but thats what these people are trying to say is being done here with Kindles

Ridiculous

Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I can't believe this stupid thread is still going, and that pghquest is still trying to do math.
Still waiting for my apology. Guess you're not man enough..

Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Its unlimited because Amazon will produce whatever quantity you want if you are willing to pay EXTRA..

Its like going to mcDonalds and they agree to sell you an unlimited number of Big Macs for $3.99.. They will just keep producing them as long as your paying for them.

They wont however write an unlimited number of Big Macs for $16 Million, but thats what these people are trying to say is being done here with Kindles

Ridiculous
I think the big problem is they are paying for these things and they don't even need em to begin with. Show me a reason why these folks need a stupid kindle?? They are in the state dept and I'm sure all have a laptop and cell phone provided by the govt. How the hell is a kindle gonna help them do their job better? If they want to read books buy one on their own. Not like they aren't making the money to afford one.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:09 PM

Look... we already know the cost per unit for the Kindles. It is 10% off of retail, or $170. Multiplied by 2500, the total cost for the Kindles is $425,000.

Period. That's it. That's the total cost for these 2,500 Kindles. $425K. It is almost certain that any additional Kindles will be procured the exact same way... i.e. as a straightforward hardware purchase.

The rest of the proposed contract is not for hardware. It has nothing to do with hardware. It has entirely to do with the menu of services included in the RFP... to include costs associated with development, implementation, management, maintenance and ongoing operations. To consider any of those according to a "per Kindle cost" is frankly stupid, and the fact that pghquest is still trying to wrap his head around some sort of "unit cost" is simply a symptom of the complete cluelessness which had characterized his every post in this thread.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Still waiting for my apology. Guess you're not man enough..
You're not getting one. And it has nothing to do with how much a man I am. It has to do with the fact that rather than being deserving of an apology, you are deserving only of further mockery and disdain.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Look... we already know the cost per unit for the Kindles. it is 10% off of retail, or $170. Multiplied by 2500, the total cost for the Kindles is $425,000.

Period. That's it. That's the total cost for these 2,500 Kindles. $425K. It is almost certain that any additional Kindles will be procured the exact same way... i.e. as a straightforward hardware purchase.

The rest of the proposed contract is not for hardware. It has nothing to do with hardware. It has entirely to do with the menu of services included in the RFP... to include costs associated with development, implementation, management, maintenance and ongoing operations. To consider any of those as according to a "per Kindle cost" is frankly stupid, and the fact that pghquest is still trying to wrap his head around some sort of "unit cost" is simply a symptom of the complete cluelessness which had characterized his every post in this thread.
Look, thats EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.. But you and other kooks here continue to call me a lier and then post EXACTLY what I've said.

Because ITS OTHER PEOPLE here saying its for an unlimited number of kindles, and I'M THE ONE POINTING OUT THAT ITS NOT, AND THE COST IS FOR SERVICES.

And rather than you apologize to me for lying about my position, you go on and lie about it again. Whats the matter, not man enough to admit I was correct, but you are man enough to post that I'm correct.

pathetic
Quote:
You're not getting one. And it has nothing to do with how much a man I am. It has to do with the fact that rather than being deserving of an apology, you are deserving only of further mockery and disdain.
That says more about your character than it does mine, especially since you are mocking me for saying what you just said..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies