Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, I've seen the many threads and posts by whites explaining their excuses for racism; what experience do you have that would make your opinion helpful to the CBC or the Girl Scouts or Pacific Islanders? If people like Shabazz and myself (and meson, carterstamp, etc.) weren't making it so easy for racists to expose themselves, some of these posters might actually have been taken seriously by naive people. So yes, good on us for letting people showcase their true inner beliefs, no matter how puerile and crude they might be.
This is the best part about this race debate. The above demonstrates your feeling that my potential contributions to a solution is inferior due to my race or gender being different than that of a given "treatment group." For what it's worth, you don't know my race, so already you are basing your statements on assumptions. Furthermore, assuming inferiority because of perceived race or gender biases is by most reasonable persons' definition racism.

And here is where it gets good. You are on here all up in arms over a joke that Inge Marler told. Think about why she told that joke. Obviously there is some kind of assumption that blacks are inferior or she would not have told the joke. So we have Inge Marler making assumptions about inferiority, as well as you. You are in good company, Evenstar. Welcome to bigotry! It's "long hard look time" for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This is a rural, agricultural area; there's one Tea Party covering many counties. I've seen Tea Party crowds on local and national news reports, and many people have noted the virulent signs. Shoot, where I live a black representative from the Missouri Baptist Synod was ignored at a church service, since the preacher didn't have a clue that the man and his wife were from their own church hierarchy. Quite an embarrassment for the church when the gentleman made his report. Overt racism from Democrats? Only in Wonderland, Alice. The last time I looked, the vast majority of black Representatives and Senators were Democrats. Yes...blacks just love the overt racism of the only political party that both welcomes and encourages their participation. You've learned that false mantra well.
But when the Tea Party endorses Herman Cain and holds Allen West in high esteem, it's all just smokescreen, right? And you also dodged ringwise's question: HAVE YOU BEEN TO A TEA PARTY EVENT IN PERSON? No more news reports. I am asking you to venture out and think for yourself here. It can be challenging if you haven't done it before, but it is a rewarding experience.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Let's condemn Inge for being a racist, but let's not start the Arkansas bashing, hmmm?
Liberals have nothing positive to say about their own moronic ideology and can only make comments like the one you quoted.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
I think I should mention, that the woman who made this joke, Inge Marler, is not even FROM Arkansas. The town where this rally took place was in Mountain Home, an area where there are many retirees from places like Illinois and the upper Midwest. Ms. Ingle, I believe, is either from Wisconsin or a neighboring state. In the audio recording, she clearly is speaking with an upper Midwestern accent, for all of you who want to equate this with typical Southern racism. Sometimes it's the Yankee transplants that make Arkansas look ignorant.
She has resigned her position. Apparently, she is originally from Yugoslavia ,which certainly explains the name.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Once you get back from wonderland pass me some of what you're smoking...
I just smoked a fat bowl of reality, I might pick up an ounce or two for you, you really need it.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I just smoked a fat bowl of reality, I might pick up an ounce or two for you, you really need it.
It’s pretty funny because nothing you mentioned makes someone a racist. What makes one a racist is believing your race is superior, hate based on race and discrimination based on race. You’re clearly exaggerating.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This is the best part about this race debate. The above demonstrates your feeling that my potential contributions to a solution is inferior due to my race or gender being different than that of a given "treatment group." For what it's worth, you don't know my race, so already you are basing your statements on assumptions. Furthermore, assuming inferiority because of perceived race or gender biases is by most reasonable persons' definition racism.

And here is where it gets good. You are on here all up in arms over a joke that Inge Marler told. Think about why she told that joke. Obviously there is some kind of assumption that blacks are inferior or she would not have told the joke. So we have Inge Marler making assumptions about inferiority, as well as you. You are in good company, Evenstar. Welcome to bigotry! It's "long hard look time" for you.
I see you conveniently forgot to list what experience you have that may be helpful to the CBC. Instead of being ethical you twisted the meaning of Evenstar51’s statement and took it out of context. This is a prime example of why we need to congregate without the likes of people who exhibit your thought patterns. It would be detrimental to allow the poison that is white conservative thought to undermine groups fighting for justice and equality.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
She has resigned her position. Apparently, she is originally from Yugoslavia ,which certainly explains the name.
Yes I saw and good riddance...

Inge Marler, Arkansas Tea Party Leader, Resigns After Racist Joke

Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But when the Tea Party endorses Herman Cain and holds Allen West in high esteem, it's all just smokescreen, right? And you also dodged ringwise's question: HAVE YOU BEEN TO A TEA PARTY EVENT IN PERSON? No more news reports. I am asking you to venture out and think for yourself here. It can be challenging if you haven't done it before, but it is a rewarding experience.
Herman Cain is just wrong in his view of the direction of America and there is clearly something wrong with Allen West. He is neither normal nor sane…

Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Herman Cain is just wrong in his view of the direction of America and there is clearly something wrong with Allen West. He is neither normal nor sane…
The above is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. What is NOT opinion is the FACT that both Herman Cain and Allen West are of African American descent, and that Cain was the Tea Party's candidate of choice through the early stages of the GOP primary. You can try to undermine Allen West all you want because he doesn't meet your lofty standards of normal or sane, but that doesn't change the fact that he, an African American, is held in high esteem by the Tea Party. Since it's all about race to you, that should be enough to satisfy you. Unless of course you apply a double standard to conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies