Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:09 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Obama = American citizen and POTUS
Right wing blogger = foreigner

Obama has more rights in this case.
Of course. Why are you suggesting that anyone said otherwise?

Please tell me - where did I compare his rights to Obama's rights?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:09 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,426,485 times
Be successful, you get punished
Be lazy you are rewarded
If you are stupid, no worries, you will be taken care of and rewarded
Do it illegally you get rewarded

Old 06-17-2012, 09:10 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Funny, arent you one of the first people who try to say that those in Gitmo are covered by our constitution, but here ya are, trying to deny him his first amendment right now that he's here.. How odd..
I didn't say he didn't have a right to be a rude a$$hole, I said I don't appreciate it and I see the hypocrisy and irony in his statements.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He is a legal resident alien. I would consider him to be an "immigrant," even though he is not a citizen. I think he has more of a right to complain about our laws and policies than illegals do.
Again, people here on a work visa do not have the same rights as those who are citizens. From the article he " holds a green card that allows him to work in The United States while maintaining his citizenship in Ireland. "

Because he is not a citizen he does not enjoy the same rights and privileges of a citizen. He can be deported, and hopefully soon will be. It is the executive branch who approves and denies Visas. I think he should be deported. We already have enough stupid people here, why import them.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,811,006 times
Quote:
American laws should be decided by Americans not foreigners, imo, obviously you disagree.

Huh?
The guy is a reporter; he isn't deciding on any laws.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Again, people here on a work visa do not have the same rights as those who are citizens. From the article he " holds a green card that allows him to work in The United States while maintaining his citizenship in Ireland. "
I said that he doesn't have the same rights as citizens in several earlier posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Because he is not a citizen he does not enjoy the same rights and privileges of a citizen. He can be deported, and hopefully soon will be. It is the executive branch who approves and denies Visas. I think he should be deported. We already have enough stupid people here, why import them.
Agree to disagree. Of course he can be deported, but I don't think he should be merely for criticizing a policy.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,957 times
Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out. Aapparently the guy was doing the job he was hired to do which is report. He has the appropriate ID to pursue the requirements.

Of course, there's dozens of reporters in the U.S. who make no effort whatever to pursue truth and answers to issues of interest to both citizens and legal immigrants. Would be nice if they would.

Again, an immigrant doing the job citizens don't want to do.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Obama = American citizen and POTUS
Right wing blogger = foreigner

Obama has more rights in this case.
Once they are on US soil, they are all covered by the same constitution.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
I didn't say he didn't have a right to be a rude a$$hole, I said I don't appreciate it and I see the hypocrisy and irony in his statements.
But you dont see the hypocracy in you defending Obama allowing millions of illegals to stay here, while criticizing him for being a legal?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I said that he doesn't have the same rights as citizens in several earlier posts.

Agree to disagree. Of course he can be deported, but I don't think he should be merely for criticizing a policy.
It is the way that he disagreed that is the problem here. Surely you see that. Would you be surprised if an employee got fired if at corporate meeting he disrespected the CEO. I would say fairly stupid employee. Good riddance. Ultimately, the President is over the executive branch, the executive branch controls work visas, you insult and disrespect the person in control of your ability to work in the country. Sounds like a pretty stupid person. As I said, why import stupid people, we have enough. Deport him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies