Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Thats just not true. He represents something very special and that is what people who are in or support the tea party hate him for. It is seen as a threat to this which exist everyday and yet the ones who benefit from it are mad everyday because I too have some food on the table.
Bill O'Reilly: The White, Christian, male power structure is in jeopardy... | Crooks and Liars
Keep reading those far left blogs and posting links to what you read so I can know what causes you to think like you do. That blog isn't written by black people is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Back to Roy's OP "If you disagree with Obama you must be a racist".
Not necessarily, but it's a good bet. I notice you don't say "Democratic policies".
Here are the possibilities (not personal here):
* You are a racist.
* You don't like dark people.
* You believe caucasians (except democratic ones) should rule.
* You are concerned that the minority population is growing.
* Mouthy racial minorities just tick you off.
* People have just "forgotten their place".

Here are some other reasons to disagree with Obama (or maybe Democrats):
* You believe in money over democracy.
* You are a plutocrat or a corporate oligarchist.
* You are a Fox News dupe.
* You are a fascist.
* You are Republican "at all costs".

Your posts are really short on naming these policies that you "disagree with". Here's an idea - name some policies and why you disagree with them.
I wish I had found this post yesterday when I had time to deal with you.

Oh well, how about Obamacare? Can I be against it and not be racist?

How about the method he used to get rid of DADT? Was that racist and does that make me racist?

How about the fact that I do believe that the man is pushing far left policies too often?

How about what he did last Friday concerning Obamanesty? I guess that is surely racist to not agree with.

If Obama believes so heavily in democracy why is he trying so hard to destroy our Constitution? Well of course you don't think he is although he throws so much of it out concerning his policies?

Yep, I am surely racist because I could go on like this about his policies the rest of the afternoon. Does it make me racist to believe that he wants to destroy the 2nd Amendment? If so I was racist about Clinton, then

Old 06-23-2012, 02:08 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
^^ Not calling you a racist. The post is aimed at anyone who might fit the shoe.
The first group of statements is tongue-in-cheek - maybe too subtle.
The second group illiustrates common reasons, other than racism, for people to oppose Obama.

Besides Reagan gave amnesty to three million undocumented people, without concern to legality. did you complain about that?

Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM

27 posts, read 21,001 times
Quote:

Besides Reagan gave amnesty to three million undocumented people, without concern to legality. did you complain about that?
Reagan also wanted to fine employers found using illegals $10k per head and close the borders post-amnesty. Did you complain when the Democrat Congress prevented him from doing this?

Old 06-23-2012, 09:48 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that true or can one disagree with his policies without being a racist? What happens to a black man who disagrees with Obama. Is he an Uncle Tom or a reverse racist. I keep wondering why I have been a racist all this time for disagreeing with his policies. I think it has to do with how liberals see things and it is them that call me racist.

If You Disagree with President Obama You Must be a Racist - Godfather Politics
You're not racist for disagreeing with his policies.

No such thing as "reverse racism"...Racism is racism.

People should stop thinking only whites are racist.

Good day, sir.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
^^ Not calling you a racist. The post is aimed at anyone who might fit the shoe.
The first group of statements is tongue-in-cheek - maybe too subtle.
The second group illiustrates common reasons, other than racism, for people to oppose Obama.

I did complain about that but it was Congress that passed the law and Reagan signed it. Too many of Obama's things that I disagree with were things he did with EOs and those are done to get around Congress. Will you ever see that Congress passing laws is not the same thing as signing those laws and that writing EOs is not the same thing as Congress doing something.

Reagan did not give that amnesty to all those people. Congress did it.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that true or can one disagree with his policies without being a racist? What happens to a black man who disagrees with Obama. Is he an Uncle Tom or a reverse racist. I keep wondering why I have been a racist all this time for disagreeing with his policies. I think it has to do with how liberals see things and it is them that call me racist.
No. You are a racist when you post irrelevant and inflammatory topics such as this one.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,802 times
I didn't think this was difficult to understand, but then again this comes up a lot. I'm black and I think a lot of people dislike Obama based on his skin color. However, I think those people are in a minority. Put it this way:

- Asking for his birth certificate is racist. When one says this, it means that one is indirectly referring to the color of his skin. Also all other presidents were not subject to this. They were all white.

- Calling him a monkey with no other context is racist. Monkey has long been a derogatory term used to describe blacks.

Now, I guess there are different levels of racism. Doing the above things doesn't make you as bad as the KKK, but by definition you are racist because you are making these comments based on skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies