Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:17 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Unless he is willing to apply these same standards for deferred action and work permits to the illegal parents of U.S. citizens and willing to grant eligibility for green cards to those who have qualified under Temporary Protective Status (TPS), which he can do unilaterally using the same standards as he did on this move, there is little reason to believe that this is anything more than an effort to use millions of human beings as campaign props.
The reason Obama reversed course on immigration | The Daily Caller

This is exactly what I thought and felt was Obama's sole purpose for making such an arrogant self serving announcement. The backlash will be astronomical come election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

This is exactly what I thought and felt was Obama's sole purpose for making such an arrogant self serving announcement. The backlash will be astronomical come election day.
Positive backlash. Most people support this move. This country needs educated kids who aren't troublemakers.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Obama immigration plan

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...cy-poll-shows/

Old 06-19-2012, 04:43 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:

Let's say everything you wrote right on the money. And? It's suddenly arrogant for a politician to make a self-serving political move? Really? Or is that just the standard for Obama?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
He's going after the youth who probably have many friends that are illegal.
The youth don't know any better and will vote because he "said" this.

That's what happened in 2008. My son was 17 and many of his friends were 18 and voting for Obama. When asked why they really couldn't articulate political positions, just that he promised alot and was young and was Black. And yes, I know my son's friends are not "all of America's youth" but from what I heard they really had no clue about politics.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Let's say everything you wrote right on the money. And? It's suddenly arrogant for a politician to make a self-serving political move? Really? Or is that just the standard for Obama?
In this case the self-serving political move was unconstitutional and illegal as he, himself, had been saying for years. Hispanics had been asking him to do just what he did and he kept telling them that there were plenty of laws of Congress that kept him from declaring something like this along with the fact that all laws of this nation have to be passed by Congress. He has had a lot of luck getting past them in the past but one day Boehner will be kicked out of the Speaker's job and it may be hard for him to break the Constitution as he did when he made that declaration the other day.

When will you lefties prove that you know how the Constitution says laws must be passed in this country? Have you ever read Article I? About Section 7 or 8 the method is provided and it says the House and the Senate have to make all laws of this nature.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He's going after the youth who probably have many friends that are illegal.
The youth don't know any better and will vote because he "said" this.

That's what happened in 2008. My son was 17 and many of his friends were 18 and voting for Obama. When asked why they really couldn't articulate political positions, just that he promised alot and was young and was Black. And yes, I know my son's friends are not "all of America's youth" but from what I heard they really had no clue about politics.
Those 17 and 18 year olds weren't a lot different than the rest of that age group up to 30. Know nothing about what he was saying but it sounded so good.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 PM

589 posts, read 851,205 times
Quote:

So that's the real reason he did it?

I thought the real reason was to put Romney's n*ds in a vice, with the Hispanic voters.

Mission accomplished.

OK, so let's see......

Calm World Financial Markets, and prevent second Great Depression? Check.
Save GM & Chrysler, and with it 1,000,000+ American jobs? Check.
Health Care Bill? Check.
Get out of Iraq? Check.
Kill Bin Laden? Check.
Gay rights? Check
Immigration reform? Check
Guaranteed birth control for women who want it? Pending
Higher taxes for the 1%ers? Inevitable.

Victory in November. You bet!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:14 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
What the country NEEDS and WANTS is a secure border. Instead of pulling stunts like this FOR VOTES, he needs to do what no one else has done. SECURE THE DAMN BORDER! What the hell is the point of starting amnesty when our borders still are not secure?!?!

I guarantee, most American citizens without a doubt want our borders secure. To keep putting this off is just asinine.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
So that's the real reason he did it?

I thought the real reason was to put Romney's n*ds in a vice, with the Hispanic voters.

Mission accomplished.

OK, so let's see......
Calm World Financial Markets, and prevent second Great Depression? Check. LOL the economy stinks and is NOT doing fine. If you think there is calm and trust, then perhaps you should look at the unemployment rate.
Save GM & Chrysler, and with it 1,000,000+ American jobs? Nonsense.
Health Care Bill? Check. Which will be ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL
Get out of Iraq? Check. Gee, and who put that plan in place? Not Obama
Kill Bin Laden? Check. Conveniently leaving out the intelligence gathered and how it was gathered to eventually get Osama
Gay rights? Check ? What, so he flip flopped on his position again...which meant nothing. No laws were changed by his flip flop
Immigration reform? Check ?? Are you kidding? His bypassing Congress for votes, while not securing the border is automatically immigration reform? How does what he did solve immigration reform?
Guaranteed birth control for women who want it? Pending his fear mongoring on the issue failed
Higher taxes for the 1%ers? Inevitable. We'll see. Along with it, less jobs and still does nothing to solve debt crisis

Victory in November. You bet! You seen the poll numbers lately. If you dont think they are panicing, youre an imbecile or in denial

You are nothing more than a mindless drone who has no ability to see reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies