Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the logic of why conservatives want to cut education and money for scholarships. I don't understand why conservatives have fought Obama tooth and nail about infrastructure improvements like national high speed rail. Is it just to annoy liberals that conservatives want to actively keep America behind? Is it because conservatives know better education would kill their support? Or is it that conservatives just aren't bright enough to see more than a few hours into the future

Old 04-12-2012, 06:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Konservatives could care less about what happens to America or most of the American people so long as they, as individuals, get ever wealthier. They never choose public good over private greed.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Because the government is a wasteful failure (if not outright criminal) at everything it does.
You must be a prog who naively thinks it can be tweaked to perfection.
History says you are a dreamer.

When did high speed rail become a measure of progress? Taxing us into servitude with pie in the sky projects isn't my concept of "progress".

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 04-12-2012 at 07:19 AM..

Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyDanny View Post
Can you come up with anymore threads that portray a simple mind?

You talking points about Conservatives are right out of a blowhard handbook.
I'm making an actual query, why not give me an answer to why conservatives oppose these things that will keep America from falling behind rather than insulting me. Are you that troubled by the question?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
It all comes down to the mental illness known as being a far right goon. They think being intelligent and educated is bad, that a bad economy is a good thing, that pollution and dirty water is the way the go, etc,..It is a truly bizarre condition that they look at the bad as good, and the good as bad.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 AM

36 posts, read 22,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I don't understand the logic of why conservatives want to cut education and money for scholarships. I don't understand why conservatives have fought Obama tooth and nail about infrastructure improvements like national high speed rail. Is it just to annoy liberals that conservatives want to actively keep America behind? Is it because conservatives know better education would kill their support? Or is it that conservatives just aren't bright enough to see more than a few hours into the future

High-speed rail is a boondoggle. Railroads should be for moving freight, not people.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Konservatives could care less about what happens to America or most of the American people so long as they, as individuals, get ever wealthier. They never choose public good over private greed.
You mean like Obama paying back his donor/bundlers through DOE loans? The greed and corruption of the Progressives is on display for all to see in the Obama administration.

FDR's "Great Society" is a failed experiment. Time to admit it and move on to a better way, one were people are not coddled at the taxpayer expense.

Studies prove over and over again that the far left is generous with other people's money but not their own. How many threads do we already have with links showing the significantly higher charitable donations, be it money, time, or their own blood, from those who identify themselves as Republicans than compared to Democrats?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Try proving this "point" of yours with anything factual. As usual, I am sure you cannot.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quantity never equates to quality. Simply throwing more money at anything is not the answer. Case in point Solyndra..... The Chevy Volt....
Our public education system... The pay we bestow upon our elected reps... The list is literally endless.
That is what true conservatives question. Why invest more? What are the checks and balances to the given program? Does it need more money or better managment???
Why do party hardliners always exaggerate?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Party hardliners confuse thier party with their country. One is not the same as the other nor equal...
Because its good for the Democratic party does not mean that it is good for our country..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies