Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:21 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Who can blame him considering how rigged the US justice system is under Obama, and how Sweden (surprisingly,to me) doesn't have the character to stick up for the rule of law?

Assange asks Ecuador for asylum - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

In December, 2001, Sweden handed over two asylum-seekers to the CIA, which then rendered them to be tortured in Egypt. A ruling from the U.N. Human Rights Committee found Sweden in violation of the global ban on torture for its role in that rendition (the two individuals later received a substantial settlement from the Swedish government). The fact that Sweden has unusually oppressive pre-trial procedures — allowing for extreme levels of secrecy in its judicial proceedings — only heightens Assange’s concern about what will happen to him vis-a-vis the U.S. if he ends up in Swedish custody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 PM

72 posts, read 170,573 times
Obama assassinated an American and his family member without a trial, a public discussion, or any semblance of due process.

Imagine what they would do to Julian.

Good for him. I'm an American and I'm glad that we are the worlds super power, but I'm on "team human" not "team American."

The truth needed to be exposed, and he did that.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
Obama assassinated an American and his family member without a trial, a public discussion, or any semblance of due process.

Good for him. I'm an American and I'm glad that we are the worlds super power, but I'm on "team human" not "team American."

In my conservative voice "why do you hate America"?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post

Yes the man, deserves a medal for publishing hundreds of cases of US government wrongdoing. He is under no obligation to protect US dirty laundry hidden by Obama's three fold increase classifying data a "secret" to hide it from the US public.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:29 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes the man, deserves a medal for publishing hundreds of cases of US government wrongdoing. He is under no obligation to protect US dirty laundry hidden by Obama's three fold increase classifying data a "secret" to hide it from the US public.
Wow, glad you support all those families/Soldiers that maybe in trouble because of this.

Pretty pathetic...

Old 06-19-2012, 03:31 PM

92 posts, read 56,763 times
Good for him! I am glad someone is sticking up to the world bully aka the united states and I hope he lives to give us more information on the wrong doings of the U.S.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
In my conservative voice "why to you hate America"?
Why do you hate Americans? You love government secrecy?

That's how dictatorial, oligarchy's start.

By authoritarians such as yourself helping to hide government wrongdoing behind tired "security" excuses.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wow, glad you support all those families/Soldiers that maybe in trouble because of this.

Pretty pathetic...
The US military has already stated no soldiers were in put in danger.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/2...ating-the.html

Sorry, your pathetic excuse to hide government wrongdoing doesn't hold up.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:34 PM

If the US government is allowed to prosecute foreign nationals for releasing classified information it speaks wonders to the reach of our government. One day soon there will be a one world government…

Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Why do you hate Americans? You love government secrecy?

That's how dictatorial, oligarchy's start.

By authoritarians such as yourself helping to hide government wrongdoing behind tired "security" excuses.
You obviously overlooked the sarcastic eyes... P.S. I'm not a conservative either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies