Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It is stupid, malicious and false.
Back that up Comrade. Let's see the facts you have about Obama's Grandfather. Let's see the documentation that we was tried, convicted and tortured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
I was being kind. It is worse than silly. It is stupid, malicious and false.

Better?

Bull****. One's family history is what it is. Respect has nothing to do with it.

1) There is no hint that Obama does not like the Brits.

2) If he believes it himself, then it can hardly be a lie, now. Can it?

3) There is still a very good chance the story is true anyway.

Yep.
Yee haa!

Talk about revising history, eh comrade? Start with Churchill's statue - Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph

It may not have meant much to you libs back in 2009 but it was a sharp dagger in US/UK relations and a festering sore that has only gotten worse.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:17 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Back that up Comrade.
I will back up what I said. I will not back your straw man.

His step grandmother Sarah Obama Onyango (i.e. the woman actually married to the guy) has repeatedly testified to his arrest and torture. She is also (according to his book) the source of Obama's version.

QED: It is stupid, malicious and false to claim that Obama lied about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
Let's see the documentation that we was tried, convicted and tortured.
No such documentation exists for anybody tried, convicted, jailed or tortured by the British as a result of the Mau-mau insurrection. All those records were systematically and deliberately destroyed by the British themselves after six years. But nobody pretends such trials, jailing and torture did not occur.

So... what we have is dueling testimony (after 63 years) between the woman who was married to Onyango, and a number of people alleged to have have been acquaintances.

Factually it's a snoozer. Rhetorically it's stupid, false and malicious.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yee haa!

Talk about revising history, eh comrade? Start with Churchill's statue - Barack Obama sends bust of Winston Churchill on its way back to Britain - Telegraph
What about returning a bust of Churchill indicates any dislike of the British?

It is fascinating the dumb things you guys hold onto like they were a magic talisman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside
It may not have meant much to you libs back in 2009 but it was a sharp dagger in US/UK relations and a festering sore that has only gotten worse.
It was no such thing. It was merely one of the first examples of fake right-wing outrage over silly stuff.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
I will back up what I said. I will not back your straw man.

His step grandmother Sarah Obama Onyango (i.e. the woman actually married to the guy) has repeatedly testified to his arrest and torture. She is also (according to his book) the source of Obama's version.

QED: It is stupid, malicious and false to claim that Obama lied about it.

No such documentation exists for anybody tried, convicted, jailed or tortured by the British as a result of the Mau-mau insurrection. All those records were systematically and deliberately destroyed by the British themselves after six years. But nobody pretends such trials, jailing and torture did not occur.

So... what we have is dueling testimony (after 63 years) between the woman who was married to Onyango, and a number of people alleged to have have been acquaintances.

Factually it's a snoozer. Rhetorically it's stupid, false and malicious.
Like I said earlier, Obama has a lineage full of liars, where do you think he gets it from?

Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Like I said earlier, Obama has a lineage full of liars, where do you think he gets it from?
Republican hallucinations.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Obama lives in fantasy land always making up stories.. the guy needs a head shrink.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Seeing that Obama was only relating what his Grandmother told him, how is Obama lying?

My grandmother used to tell me that she and her 10 sisters and brothers, walked to school every morning, from their family farm on Maui. Said that it was a long walk. My high school report about plantation workers and their lives included this anecdote by my grandmother.

10 years after her death while researching my family for a personal project, I found out that:
1) her family farm was only 2 miles from the school she attended (she dropped out in 5th grade since it was better to work than to go to school)

2) that only she and two of her sisters walked together (not all of her siblings) All her other siblings were much older and were already working in the Plantation fields.

So, did I lie in my report? No. I'm not responsible for what my grandmother told, for which I thought it was the truth.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Such an erudite rebuttal of the post you quoted.
Cant rebutt what HD actually said, so you resort to maligning dead relatives.
Alrighty then.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Looking at how Obama is stepping on his OWN "junk" in 2012; who cares about what happened about his father's father if it can't be proven either way? Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies