Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
Funny...its the left that brings up these "wedge" issues. Pure fear-mongers.

The economy is the #1 priority for anyone with a brain.
You are new here so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you have not read many threads. Both sides seem fixated on the wedge issues. These are just distractions to energize the base on both sides. The real issue is the economy, these other issues are simply distractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 AM

613 posts, read 815,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Or a weaker United States makes for a stronger Canada. No wonder they like Obama!
How does a weaker ally and close friend make you stronger? You will have to explain that one to me.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,297,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Or a weaker United States makes for a stronger Canada. No wonder they like Obama!
Bingo!

Canada would prefer that the US just slide somewhere in between Luxembourg and Belgium, geopolitically speaking. With Obama they think they will get that. Of course, due to their proximity to us, they have never been threatened by any other nation.

If they had a nasty little dictator with a sizable military next to them it would be an entirely different story.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,232,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Not surprisingly, the majority of liberal voters think Obama is doing a good job, but even 51% of conservative voters think he is doing a good job.

Of course, our conservatives are a lot more far right than their conservatives. In Canada, Obama would be considered centrist or right of center IMO.

Who do Canadians want to vote for? Barack Obama - The Globe and Mail
Sounds like Obama should run for their office

Old 06-22-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, those people think they are 'right', but the truth is they don't have a clue what they are and what they believe. They'll come here to repeat everything they hear in the radio and TV.
As do you.

And you being someone who probably gets their news from the mainstream media I have one question: Did you know that a border patrol agent died as a result of gun running operations to Mexico by this country?

Bet you didn't.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:47 AM

613 posts, read 815,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Bingo!

Canada would prefer that the US just slide somewhere in between Luxembourg and Belgium, geopolitically speaking...................................
I'm sorry, but that is just silly.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,341,529 times
I Really mean this that Canada and the U.S. are so close.. that we (Canadians) really care about you and your economy because when you do good economic wise we also Do well economic wise... Because we are each others #1 trading partner..Plus I like America and Americans in fact I would fight and die along side you to keep North America free and safe and to ensure that our way of life continues..

I would fight for Both Canada and the U.S. because we are so close and I respect you guys and I am glad and proud to live next to you...

Of all the Countires in the world there are no closer Countries than Canada and the U.S. we are truly friends to each other and well I tell you one thing I am Loyal to my friends and would never try to screw such a close ally over.

I don't care if you vote a Democrat or Republican I all I care about is that we keep North America Free and safe and I trust you guys and I hope you trust us Canadians too. Asd far as I am concered we are in this together and when the Chips are down we have your back no matter what.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Maybe he will after his second term here.

maybe he will after he loses in November 2012.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I'm sorry, but that is just silly.

Heh..heh. OK, how about somewhere between France and Germany?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I Really mean this that Canada and the U.S. are so close.. that we (Canadians) really care about you and your economy because when you do good economic wise we also Do well economic wise... Because we are each others #1 trading partner..Plus I like America and Americans in fact I would fight and die along side you to keep North America free and safe and to ensure that our way of life continues..

I would fight for Both Canada and the U.S. because we are so close and I respect you guys and I am glad and proud to live next to you...

Of all the Countires in the world there are no closer Countries than Canada and the U.S. we are truly friends to each other and well I tell you one thing I am Loyal to my friends and would never try to screw such a close ally over.

I don't care if you vote a Democrat or Republican I all I care about is that we keep North America Free and safe and I trust you guys and I hope you trust us Canadians too. Asd far as I am concered we are in this together and when the Chips are down we have your back no matter what.
Damn son, you sure know how to kill a thread.

Back atcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies