Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

This is just more of that silly liberal claptrap mumbo jumbo... also known as "science."

As conservatives, let's place more trust in brainy evidence-based statements such as this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The different levels whether going up or down are more likely caused by the movement of the ground itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
This has been going on for centuries. It is one of the reasons we live in the Piedmont of North
Carolina and visit the coast. I live at least two hours in from the North Carolina coast and it is my understanding that some day we will have beachfront property. Probably not in my lifetime.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:04 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This has been going on for centuries. It is one of the reasons we live in the Piedmont of North
Carolina and visit the coast. I live at least two hours in from the North Carolina coast and it is my understanding that some day we will have beachfront property. Probably not in my lifetime.
Definitely not in your lifetime. Not in 100 lifetimes.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:04 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This is just more of that silly liberal claptrap mumbo jumbo... also known as "science."

As conservatives, let's place more trust in brainy evidence-based statements such as this one:
Just so it's clear the general movement is upward for majority of the land based measurements. The point I'm trying to make is you can look at any individual station and it's a steady rate over a very long length of time. Now the OP's article indicates there is an acceleration and quite possible but not unprecedented either:

Here is another indication it's accelerating:

......but then you can look at another station and find the rise decelerating:

Old 06-26-2012, 12:05 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
actually some of that shore line is INCREASING...areas like Wilmington was once UNDER water(10's of thousands of years ago)...visit the aquarium at Ft. fisher, thye have a wonderful display of what the shore line looked like thousands and millions of years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies