Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Good to see someone stand up to these out of control cops. It seems like every week cops brutally murder someone for something stupid in this country.
I'm seeing some people out of control but it's not the police....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
FWIW, I (a local) have never had any problems or direct encounters with the SJPD. They actually seem quite mellow, for the most part, and you'll rarely (if ever) hear of complaints towards the department. I agree with the others, these people are probably just seeking lawsuits.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:34 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
FWIW, I (a local) have never had any problems or direct encounters with the SJPD. They actually seem quite mellow, for the most part, and you'll rarely (if ever) hear of complaints towards the department. I agree with the others, these people are probably just seeking lawsuits.
They're seeking attention. That's all. Bunch of camera ho's.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Now we are jailing the poor for Months at a time for not paying traffic fines, and charging them for being jailed, burdening them with thousands of dollars in debt they will never be able to repay.

This is what Southern white male "conservatives" in control do when they get a chance. This is freedom.

Read this...it's disgusting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/03/us...pagewanted=all
Oh wait....you're poor and can't afford fines for offenses that YOU committed?

Well then, by all means here's a free pass. We'll move on to the next guy and make him pay but give you a free pass. Now, since you're "poor" what else can we do to take money from other people and give it to you?

Ahhhhhhh......the sick, twisted version of liberal utopia. Thankfully there are enough conservatives out there to keep these mental midgets in check.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Tells me she knows what she's doing. This is exactly what any lawyer would recommend you do when confronted with repeated police intimidation.

You're problem is you can't get past her being rude. As if that's some reason not to follow the law.

You'll come up with any excuse for breaking the law if it's done for "good reasons" such as sticking it to a rude person...lol

Classic sign of somebody who has no respect for the rule of law. The basic reason the country is going down the crapper.
Repeated police intimidation? Over the last decade I've had exactly one interaction with the police and that was over me driving at 41 in a 30 zone and I didn't get a citation. I can't even remember the last police interaction I had before that. How many encounters does this woman have with the police that she feels the needs to video tape them? Isn't it funny how normal people can go on about their lives and hardly ever interact with the police? I really do love your posts though, pc. A look inside the liberal mindset is always amusing.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
You just don't know what probable cause means. Having your guns out at a garage sale for people consider buying is no crime. The paperwork could have been put through later on and the 10 day waiting period adhered to. Only when a cop saw a person hand her money and walk off with the gun would there be probable cause. You'll gladly invent your "probable cause" because you don't sympathize with this person being rude to cops.

Tell me this. Exactly how would I go about selling my gun to a person in California? Are you making the claim I'm not allowed to show the person my gun face to face standing on my own driveway?

And this is evidence of some probable crime?.......LOL
California has a safe storage law. A gun sitting on a table in plain view is not safely stored. That easily gives probable cause. A court would never uphold your view on this.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:23 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Meh... way, way overblown.

What "raid?" All the cops did was check to see if she was peddling real guns at their garage sale. They checked, then moved away. They behaved very politely and non-aggressively, and they offered to get her in contact with the supervisor, which she turned down because she gets a big ego high from feeling like a "Patriot."

Also, an apartment complex is not her "private property."

The people who have a problem with cops like this across the board are crazy, nutty extremists. The're either extremist social conservatives who arm themselves to the teeth and surplus themselves up like the Waco cult in anticipation of the Second Revolution, or they're extremist social liberals who think they have the right to riot, commandeer, and destroy anyone's private property in the name of their lunatic protest ideals. The rest of us recognize that while there are always some bad apples, most cops are decent and serve a necessary function. When a violent crime is going down, most people are going to call the cops and be thankful when they answer.
You'll be the 1st one crying when you get stopped and frisked on the street without probable cause. I don't care if the cop is my brother on patrol.....they are NOT entering my property "just to check" without a search warrant.

4th amendment....

[SIZE=+1]"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."[/SIZE]

Old 07-07-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You can insert a mag and rack a slide with one hand. I did it when I had one injured wrist. Perhaps you could try it sometime yourself (but make sure you go beg your local police for permission to exercise a civil right, as you're in Boston).

You've repeatedly called them "guns" in defending the cops. They're not real guns.
So you could retrieve a magazine from a pocket or carrier, insert it in the mag well, and cycle the action all with one hand during a struggle? Wow....you have serious super ninja skills. Can you post a you tube video of you doing that? I'd love to see it. I have an unrestricted firearms license that allows me to carry anywhere any time except for the usual prohibited places such as school grounds, court houses, and etc. No need to ask anyone for permission thank you very little. The list of restricted places is actually pretty short in Mass. compared to other states. We can legally carry in bars for example. It's also not as difficult as you may think to get a license here if you have no criminal record.

Quote:
You've repeatedly called them "guns" in defending the cops. They're not real guns.

ROFL- no need to embarrass yourself any further. Feel free to quit while you're behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies