Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
African-American voters in Ohio are shifting their stance to favor same-sex marriage, according to a new poll released on Tuesday by Public Policy Polling.

It appears N.O.M.'s strategy to pit minority groups against each other and hence against Obama being reelected has backfired!

Poll: Majority Of Blacks Support Gay Marriage After Obama's Endorsement

Ohio's Black Voters Support Same-Sex Marriage After Obama's Endorsement, Poll Finds

This represents a change of 54 percentage points since October.

A full 76 percent of those surveyed in the new poll support same-sex couples being allowed to either marry or form civil unions.

Also Obama's endorsement has not affected his support among Black voters nor any demographic group or population cohort!

It's a shame that's not the case in Maryland. Most African Americans are against this because of their religious beliefs. They will vote for Obama but not this. The churches have worked hard, especially in Prince Georges county, to petition the law to a referendum on the November ballot. And yes they got the votes. Maryland, as you know, is very liberal so this will be interesting to see what happens in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's a shame that's not the case in Maryland. Most African Americans are against this because of their religious beliefs. They will vote for Obama but not this. The churches have worked hard, especially in Prince Georges county, to petition the law to a referendum on the November ballot. And yes they got the votes. Maryland, as you know, is very liberal so this will be interesting to see what happens in November.
My mom is a church going Obama supporter living in PG County. I lived there for 5 years. It's going to be very interesting.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Anyone besides me see the irony in a Shepherd complaining about sheep?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
FWIW, I am black from Ohio and I have never had an issue with same sex marriage. Most of the black people I know from Ohio never had an issue with it either. I do know some, a lot of them in my family, who do have an issue with it. I am from a very religious family, but I am non-religious. This issue was a hot one in the family when Obama announced his stance but my family still doesn't support same sex marriage, but they will vote for Obama anyway because they like him better then Romney and most are democrats. FWIW, the majority of my family also is anti-abortion and were before Obama became president and voted for democrats then too. We, including myself, in my family do not think that politicians/lawmakers should have any say in social/personal issues as we don't want some person telling us what or what not to believe. People can have their own views on something but not try to push them on others and that is why my religious family, even though they personally/religiously, don't agree with same sex marriage can look past that as they don't think that it should be a political issue.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I honestly didn't know that African American votes found same sex marriage unfavorable. Interesting information. I'm sure the consensus point of view favoring same-sex marriage is found across many states. Not just Ohio.

Yes.....Black Americans were the largest demographic group opposed to marriage equality until the Obama endorsement; it gives credence to the notion that leaders can change public opinion.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Anyone besides me see the irony in a Shepherd complaining about sheep?
If you were smarter you would know it stands for canine You do know what a (canine) is don't you, don't dwell on it to hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
You might want to join ovcatto on what a Shepherd can be

See what I mean sheep just follow.............. BAAA BAAA

Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
African Americans are usually very religious.
I agree religion played a very large role in the opinions of many Blacks..........a bigger influence than with many other Demographic groups.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
To some people skin color, is more important then morals and values.....
If Obama was any other race, it would be a whole different story.

It's a shame. People are so quick to abandon their values.

If Obama sacrificed a baby on the whitehouse lawn a good portion would find a reason to support that too.
ROFLMFAO...I completely DISAGREE......

Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sheep turn left, Sheep turn right, President Obama sure knows how to herd..........

At least this is from the left's valued source, if it was the Blaze they'd be clogging this thread............

Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you were smarter you would know it stands for canine You do know what a (canine) is don't you, don't dwell on it to hard.

You might want to join ovcatto on what a Shepherd can be

See what I mean sheep just follow.............. BAAA BAAA
I'm not a dog person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies