Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 PM

99 posts, read 68,111 times

Advertisements

Wow! just like that, fauxnews.com no longer allows its users to leave comments on any of their "news" articles. Why do you suppose that is?

I think it's the vile racial hatred that is spewed by the white winged nut jobs. Have any of you ever seen the stuff that people write? I can only imagine that it's like attending a KKK rally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
Meh, the NY Times disables comments for half of its stuff. You find idiotic comments posted on every single major news website as well as YouTube.

The idea that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters they'll eventually write out the complete works of Shakespeare has been proven wrong by the Internet, they'll just type racist and idiotic stuff.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM

ahhh, fear not conservatives, you can still spew your hatred at Fox Nation - Hot headlines, opinions, and video from around the web

it appears that you can still comment there, but why not fauxnews.com??

hummm...

Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
Wow! just like that, fauxnews.com no longer allows its users to leave comments on any of their "news" articles. Why do you suppose that is?

I think it's the vile racial hatred that is spewed by the white winged nut jobs. Have any of you ever seen the stuff that people write? I can only imagine that's like attending a KKK rally.
That's on almost every message board. Read the Chicago tribune websites comments or youtubes, doesn't matter the topic, the stormfront KKK types go into some racist rant about Blacks or Mexicans almost every time.

The story could be about real estate and these asshats will go into a long winded rant against some minority group.

I think the main reason they are deleting the comments is because they were getting liberal comments or dissent from the Paul faction.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Meh, the NY Times disables comments for half of its stuff. You find idiotic comments posted on every single major news website as well as YouTube.

The idea that if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters they'll eventually write out the complete works of Shakespeare has been proven wrong by the Internet, they'll just type racist and idiotic stuff.
iditoic, yes. Racist, NO

Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 PM

45,557 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Really - this is not a big deal.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
Quote:
iditoic, yes. Racist, NO
Seen plenty of it on the Washington Post and CNN sites. It's subtle of course, things like "hmm I wonder what race the perps are!" but racism nonetheless.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,783 times
They're probably switching to a facebook login commenting system like many sites are doing these days.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM

45,214 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:

I think it's the vile racial hatred that is spewed by the white winged nut jobs. Have any of you ever seen the stuff that people write? I can only imagine that it's like attending a KKK rally.
I wonder how the o.p. felt about Obama signing the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 which gives the secret service the right to suspend free speech, association and petition of the government within area of their choosing?
Something tells me those partisan blinders prevented any outrage.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,597 times
Quote:

"white winged"? I assume you're trying to say "right-wing". Learn to spell before you rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies