Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Conservatives will believe anything they read if it is anti-obama, and I mean anything.
Remember 2001 - 2009? Liberals believed anything if its was anti-Bush - and they still believe a lot of lies that were spread about President Bush.

You are painting with a broad brush and ignoring that certain elements on the left are guilty of the same thing.

Or are you just a hypocrite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 01:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Conservatives will believe anything they read if it is anti-obama, and I mean anything.
The UN ATT which the OP mention originated in '03. Obama was still community organizing and living high off the taxpayer dollar back then I believe. Perhaps educate yourself as to the topic before going into full I love Obama mode.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here it comes. Yet another thread by a scared gun owner who takes anything the NRA or World Net Daily says as the gospel truth.

Wish someone would explain to these UN conspiracy theorists that treaties, even ratified by Congress do not trump the Constitution.

There is a whole industry set up to scare elderly, white men into believing that 1) The 2nd Amendment is the most important amendment to their livelihoods. and 2) It's being threatened by virtually non-existent moves to curb gun rights.

Fools and their money are soon separated.

Think TV evangelists conning lonely widows out of their money, only this version is for white, elderly, poorly educated, men.
I'm a firearms instructor at a very active facility. I work with well over 3,000 students every year. The average age I see coming in for the mandatory licensing class runs in the 20's. Your post, as usual, is pure nonsensical liberal hogwash.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:24 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times
Well, the Senate has to ratify this treaty, right? Even if it comes up pre-election, Blue Dogs like Manchin and Tester will be hard-pressed to vote for this if they want to be re-elected.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Without the 2nd amendment in its full original intent, there is no US Constitution.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Taking the guns is the final piece of the puzzle to enslave the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
The FEMA camps are built.......just get rid of the guns, and we will all bow to the statue of Shiek Osama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Without the 2nd Amendment - the rest of the Constitution - especially the other 9 of the first 10 Amendments - is rendered meaningless.

The 2nd Amendment is the most important amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You got that right! Obama's next step is to give control of our (USA) internet to the U.N. Then say goodby to your 1st amendment rights!
Take any action by the Federal Government as an intent to suspend, interfere with, or abrogate your rights as supported by the Constitution and its first Ten Amendments.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I don't know , it's been great for gun sales.
I just read on a different forum recently that gun sales are up 61% among women alone .
And that just in women mind you , they are getting traing and getting into hunting and marksmanship ,and self protection.
Many guns are being made to accomodate women in many ways so for what ever the reason , there are a lot of people taking this current econemy seriously .
Now if gun sales are up for women , men are going to dwarf that, but more in enhancing their collection, and a few actually first timers.
Both in discussion at work and public places and the innernet ,people do not trust the govenment, they have lied so often, as though we do not have a clue .
It is no supprize that obama wants to control the media and innernet.
Give us some examples of this drivel you are posting.

It is no supprize that obama wants to control the media and innernet.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Give us some examples of this drivel you are posting.
Reporting the fact that the fastest growing demographic of new gun owners and permit holders is young women = "drivel"?

Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Here it comes ... Obama and Hillary is making their move to trump our constitution by signing the USA to a international (U.N.) gun treaty.

Obama told to back off U.N. gun treaty

Over 100 members of Congress appear to share the concerns of a former Army general who has sounded the alarm over efforts by the Obama Administration to push through the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, or ATT.

As WND reported, retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin earlier this year, in a video in which he claimed Obama was leading America down the path of a quiet, Marxist revolution, blasted the ATT, also known as the small arms treaty, saying it would regulate private gun ownership.
Signing a treaty trumps our US Constitution, all without any of the hoops needed to actually amend the Constitution.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:51 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Here it comes ... Obama and Hillary is making their move to trump our constitution by signing the USA to a international (U.N.) gun treaty.

Obama told to back off U.N. gun treaty

Over 100 members of Congress appear to share the concerns of a former Army general who has sounded the alarm over efforts by the Obama Administration to push through the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, or ATT.

As WND reported, retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin earlier this year, in a video in which he claimed Obama was leading America down the path of a quiet, Marxist revolution, blasted the ATT, also known as the small arms treaty, saying it would regulate private gun ownership.
Hey Don - how ya doing? Been a while.

You may or may not know this, but I'm a huge gun rights guy. I take very seriously any threat to our 2nd Amendment rights.

You should read this:
Limited Government in Relation to The Constitution's Treaty Clause

Take care.

(PS - The '80s flick "Valley Girl" [1983] was on yesterday, and I noticed a persistent contrail in the sky during one shot. Thought you might like to know, as it directly contradicts the whole notion that "chemtrails" were started in the '90s.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies