Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Signing a treaty trumps our US Constitution, all without any of the hoops needed to actually amend the Constitution.
Wrong.

First of all, there isn't even a Arms Trade Treaty. Their is a PROPOSAL to draft a treaty, and the conference in July is about going through the information that various countries have submitted, and studying how regulation of the international arms trade could be fostered so that, for instance, the Syrian government purchasing arms to use against their own people could be inhibited.

Secondly, the treaty is about International Arms Trade. Not about the rights of Americans to own weapons.

Third, Congress would have to ratify such an agreement and would then have to pass laws so that we were in compliance with such an agreement. The United States Congress has been known to refuse to ratify international treaties, and the United States Congress has been known to ratify a treaty and then fail to honor the treaty by passing laws to bring us into compliance.

Fourth, the WND lives to scare conservatives about the federal government, generally needlessly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 02:57 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Reporting the fact that the fastest growing demographic of new gun owners and permit holders is young women = "drivel"?
Can't you read? This drivel!

It is no supprize that obama wants to control the media and innernet.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm a firearms instructor at a very active facility. I work with well over 3,000 students every year. The average age I see coming in for the mandatory licensing class runs in the 20's. Your post, as usual, is pure nonsensical liberal hogwash.
Doing your part to make a buck off the paranoids aren't you?

conning lonely widows out of their money, only this version is for white, elderly, poorly educated, men.

I started to go to a CC class one time. The nut jobs i saw going in the door made me turn around and leave.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
There is a whole industry set up to scare elderly, white men into believing that 1) The 2nd Amendment is the most important amendment to their livelihoods. and 2) It's being threatened by virtually non-existent moves to curb gun rights.

Fools and their money are soon separated.

There are whole special interest groups who want to ban and rid them from civilian use. During Clinton's years they thought the time was ripe for forwarding that agenda, so it is not myth that there are no threats. The good news is most people don't want that to happen and during the latter Clinton's years they realized that their wishes are more in tune with a movie like " the American president" than reality yet some of them never will give up the dream...

Old 07-05-2012, 03:04 PM

How about actually reading the draft of the treaty rather than believe the right wing gun nut newspapers.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How about actually reading the draft of the treaty rather than believe the right wing gun nut newspapers.

I need only refer to the Obama administration to trying to tie the drug war in Mexico as a good reason to ban guns for Americans to show that they would like to if they thought they could. It is not sci-fi that Obama and company would if they could. I don't need anybody to make me realize that.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Doing your part to make a buck off the paranoids aren't you?

conning lonely widows out of their money, only this version is for white, elderly, poorly educated, men.

I started to go to a CC class one time. The nut jobs i saw going in the door made me turn around and leave.

ROFL- more complete nonsense. Thanks for posting. Pure comedy gold......

Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wrong.

First of all, there isn't even a Arms Trade Treaty. Their is a PROPOSAL to draft a treaty, and the conference in July is about going through the information that various countries have submitted, and studying how regulation of the international arms trade could be fostered so that, for instance, the Syrian government purchasing arms to use against their own people could be inhibited.

Secondly, the treaty is about International Arms Trade. Not about the rights of Americans to own weapons.

Third, Congress would have to ratify such an agreement and would then have to pass laws so that we were in compliance with such an agreement. The United States Congress has been known to refuse to ratify international treaties, and the United States Congress has been known to ratify a treaty and then fail to honor the treaty by passing laws to bring us into compliance.

Fourth, the WND lives to scare conservatives about the federal government, generally needlessly.
You need to stop decimating the radical liberal agenda ... Our rights are never taken away in one quick power grab ... its sticking the foot in the door and making step by step changes that eventually removes our rights ... The U.N. is not America and we should never allow our rights to be touched by international entities. Obama and Hillary want this badly as do most Marxist liberal politicians and their supporters including the Marxist controlled mainstream media.

NRA's Wayne LaPierre Delivers Remarks at the United Nations

NRA's Wayne LaPierre Delivers Remarks at the United Nations - YouTube!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wrong.

I would not put it past this president and this SCOTUS . Obama could sign a self-executing treaty, which would have the force of law. Roberts can just make up his ruling on a self-executing treaty.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I need only refer to the Obama administration to trying to tie the drug war in Mexico as a good reason to ban guns for Americans to show that they would like to if they thought they could. It is not sci-fi that Obama and company would if they could. I don't need anybody to make me realize that.
So many gun rights newspapers are saying the treaty this and that and at this time there is not a treaty even written in the rough draft and so many are saying at one time about 6 months ago that Hillary had signed it. PURE BS being put out there. Do you endorse the lies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies