Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
so you liked the american healthcare system that immediately preceded obamacare?
With the exception of Medicaid, yes. Medicaid should be abolished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 02:28 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
With the exception of Medicaid, yes. Medicaid should be abolished.
wow, that's just crazy. so it didn't bother you that indigent people were crowding emergency rooms thanks to the EMTALA? It didn't bother you that these costs were being passed on to everyone else? It doesn't bother you that we have a Medicare Part D we can't afford to pay for? It didn't bother you that healthcare spending took up 16% of GDP?

Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Of course not, and that wasn't the intent of yesterday's vote.

It's to get votes on record so you can vote OUT the bastids who want ObamCare.
And it took 33 votes in the House to figure that out, costing the taxpayers around $50 million? Seriously? the truth is that the tea party has taken the R's off the deep end. This is to the point of bat poop crazy.

Health Care Law Repeal Efforts By House GOP Cost Nearly $50 Million: CBS Report

Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
wow, that's just crazy. so it didn't bother you that indigent people were crowding emergency rooms thanks to the EMTALA? It didn't bother you that these costs were being passed on to everyone else? It doesn't bother you that we have a Medicare Part D we can't afford to pay for?
No people like this poster are the ones you see in t-party rallies waving their misspelled "hands off my medicare" banners.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
No people like this poster are the ones you see in t-party rallies waving their misspelled "hands off my medicare" banners.
GIT YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS oFF MY MEDICARE!

no, i really do think most people are this clueless, that they actually think the pre-Obamacare system was a "free market."

Old 07-12-2012, 02:34 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It's not repealed yet nor will it be. Harry Reid just closes his eyes if he doesn't like something - like a budget for example.
Funny, I never considered combining two verbs used in the present tense to signify that one thing is to be done now and another at some possible future date.

Perhaps;

"Repeal and Then We'll Start Thinking About Replacing... Maybe"

While not as catchy a bit more accurate.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Of course not, and that wasn't the intent of yesterday's vote.

It's to get votes on record so you can vote OUT the bastids who want ObamCare.
Yes, because we didn't hear the Republicans screeching the other 32 times they held this exact same vote. God help them that they do any REAL work in the House, not when they can simply vote and revote and revote again and again and again on the same issue, wasting time and money. I guess there is just nothing else of importance for them to work on, huh?

Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Real conservatives have NEVER used the word 'replace'. We want it gone, period, every single bit of it. We want absolutely nothing to do with it and most assuredly don't want the idiotic, pathetic, bloated fools in government to have their filthy hands on it.

GONE! Period!
Oh for god's sake.

Real Conservatives©

Real Americansâ„¢

Real Republican®

Seems like a whole lot of "Real BSâ„¢"

Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Funny, I never considered combining two verbs used in the present tense to signify that one thing is to be done now and another at some possible future date.

Perhaps;

"Repeal and Then We'll Start Thinking About Replacing... Maybe"

While not as catchy a bit more accurate.
Nor have you considered that in this case both were to happen in the future as in: we plan/want to repeal and replace versus we are repealing and replacing.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Are you sure you want to go there? Do you REALLY want to start talking about wasted tax dollars? Consider this one word before you answer: Solyndra.
I'm not going to defend the Obama administration on Solyndra, but as a business person I will say that sometimes you gamble and lose with investments, but if you never take a chance, you never have a chance of success either. That said, trying to compare Solyndra to 33 completely POINTLESS efforts to vote down the ACA, when both sides knew it would die in the Senate, is ridiculous. You might have well flushed the $50 million they spent on the house healthcare votes down the toilet. If they want to grand stand fine, but I resent the he** out of them doing it with my tax dollars. Thirty three times is overkill, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies