Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I would like to go back in time and punch the white plantation owner in the face for bringing up the idea of bringing slaves over to pick cotton. Look at all the chit he caused
Slaves were brought over by Northern ship owners after they bought the slaves from their own countrymen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
If Romney wins, how much do you want to bet his policies will be quite similar to Obama's? Politicians will say anything to get elected. I pay very little attention to what politicians say, I pay a whole lot of attention to what they do, tho.
Well, if they are both doing the same thing I would prefer to watch Romney do it. He is better looking and I think his wife will make a fine First Lady.

BTW does anyone know how tall Obama and Romney are? Statistics say the taller candidate usually wins.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:16 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
That was Romney's goal to begin with. To go there, to be offensive and paternalist, and then wear it as a badge of honor for the bigots who run his party. That way he could shore up his conservative credentials at a time when many of them were wavering.

Played like a yo-yo.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's call a spade a spade. Most black people support Obamacare not because it's good policy, but because it's namesake is from a black man in the Oval Office. As such, the negative response to the white man talking down the black man's policy is an issue of Loyalty To The Race.â„¢ Nothing more, nothing less.
Rush called it straight!

14 percent unemployment

He killed vouchers for poor inner city black kids to go to decent schools, so that he could help the teachers unions!

He's allowing more poor illegals to stay here to compete with blacks for jobs!!

He supports gay marriage!!

This is all of the stuff that black folk hate!!

Now you tell me that if the President were white and a Republican, that the NAACP and 96 percent of blacks would be wanting him back in office?

ru

Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
That was Romney's goal to begin with. To go there, to be offensive and paternalist, and then wear it as a badge of honor for the bigots who run his party. That way he could shore up his conservative credentials at a time when many of them were wavering.

Played like a yo-yo.
I guess you consider the NAACP bigots since they gave him a standing ovation. They must really enjoy being offended and treated paternally.

Loony lefties unite!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:22 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
I would like to go back in time and punch the white plantation owner in the face for bringing up the idea of bringing slaves over to pick cotton. Look at all the chit he caused
Probably making a joke, but it wasn't "plantation owners" that started bring African slaves to the Americas.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
The economic advantage America needed to catch up to Europe??

Nearly all of the great genres of music America has? The hundreds of inventions by blacks? What do you mean? You don't want any black people in America?

Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well, if they are both doing the same thing I would prefer to watch Romney do it. He is better looking and I think his wife will make a fine First Lady.

BTW does anyone know how tall Obama and Romney are? Statistics say the taller candidate usually wins.
I'm not going to vote for either bozo.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Slaves were brought over by Northern ship owners after they bought the slaves from their own countrymen.
African slaves were not treated the same as American slaves. Slaves were often obtained through war. Similar to other civilizations. Slaves were often able to work off their debts and even were often part of the family and enjoyed their meals with the family they were working for.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post

Played like a yo-yo.
Yea right, Give me a break. You are claiming Romney went to speak to the NAACP to give them a racist speech so they would act (Toward Romney) like a bunch of Obama pandering bigots, and then he (ROMNEY ) could scream "racsist" ? Have I got it about right ? No credit for showing up (in what he knew
was a hostile environment ) to give the speech & try to get his ideas across ?

You do realize they invited him there don't you ? You also know that you are just stating the Democratic
party responce as well, Huh ? Obama didn't even show up, he just sent Biden.

Well, heres my take on it. Right or Wrong, it took guts just to go give the speech. I didn't see any racical bias there. I didn't see him change his policy or back away from anything he has allready stated.
I don't see him making a big deal out of it today.

Limbaugh is just another white Al Sharpton. I see no reason for either side to bring race into this election. I hought Obama was 1/2 white, so, in reality all this "race baiting" is absurd. Why can't we just
make this election about issues ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies