Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times

Advertisements

Iran hasn't attacked or invaded another country in 300 years. Wish I could say the same about my country. Ironic, that America was actually founded on the principle on non-intervention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
See, the people in this country think we have the right and the "moral" obligation to tell other nations what to do as if we somehow know better. We do not respect other countries' sovereignty. It is our way or the highway.

But if any nation on earth were to do the exact same think we have done in places like Iraq, the American people would suddenly think such behavior is not okay because it is being done to THEM. But it is okay if we do it oters right? The Iraqis who killed Americans that invaded their country are bad people for not welcoming occupiers with open arms. We expected them to just take it laying down.
Yes, we've been indoctrinated to see the USA as spotless, immaculate, pristine... and the Arabs/non-whites/non-Christians/non-protestants are scum, and deserve to die if they disobey.

I think it's been carried over from England. The US was an English colony, and in many respects it still is. Such as in this example.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Iran hasn't attacked or invaded another country in 300 years. Wish I could say the same about my country.

The Iran–Iraq War (also known as the First Persian Gulf War and by various other names) was an armed conflict between the armed forces of Iraq and Iran, lasting from September 1980 to August 1988, making it the longest conventional war of the 20th century.

Not to mention that Iran is the largest supporter of terrorism on the planet and continuously says that it will wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 AM

884 posts, read 716,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You never fail to take stabs at the United States. The boat failed to respond to repeated warnings, and had to be stopped before it got close enough to detonate potential explosives (like they did with USS Cole, killing many). There is a very good reason for doing this.
I agree..

Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Iran hasn't attacked or invaded another country in 300 years. Wish I could say the same about my country. Ironic, that America was actually founded on the principle on non-intervention
Iran is one of the oldest civilizations on Earth. It's a shame that we treat our fellow human beings to badly, that we don't want to use diplomacy, try to learn, try to grow...

It's easier to just shoot people.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, we've been indoctrinated to see the USA as spotless, immaculate, pristine... and the Arabs/non-whites/non-Christians/non-protestants are scum, and deserve to die if they disobey.

I think it's been carried over from England. The US was an English colony, and in many respects it still is. Such as in this example.

Israel is a Jewish state. They are non-protestant and non-christian. So in your world, we consider them scum?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Pretty much everything that is American. Our standard of living for one, and our way of life. I'll tell you, imitation is the purest form of flattery, and Europeans imitate US in every way.
LOL absolutely not.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Iran is one of the oldest civilizations on Earth. It's a shame that we treat our fellow human beings to badly, that we don't want to use diplomacy, try to learn, try to grow...

It's easier to just shoot people.

Peace,
brian

When did we shoot Iranians??

Where have you been that you don;t know we've tried diplomacy with Iran for decades just as we did with Saddam Hussein.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM

700 posts, read 638,168 times
Quote:
Here we go again..

More of the "they do, so we can, too!!" syndrome..

Peace,
brian

It's more like those in glass houses... You asserted that European's were peaceful in contrast to "barbaric Americans". I suggested many Europeans have a false perception of their continent as peace-loving and you too readily accepted this nonsense as truth.

You didn't merely criticize the act of shooting a fishing boat. You attempted to portray this act as being exclusively American and indicative of "American aggression". Now, for whatever reason, you're denying that you did.

In as much as you are desperately trying not to appear as though you're a tribalist, that's exactly what you are. You just pitched your tent in Europe.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Not to mention that Iran is the largest supporter of terrorism on the planet and continuously says that it will wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.
That depends on your definition of terrorism. I can think of another country that has a long list of terroristic activity, rather close to home..

BTW, Iran is not against Jews. It's against Zionist Israel, the state. BIG difference.

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies