Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 08:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

Hindsight is 20/20. All you people coming to the conclusion that he should have been caught..HOW ?
It always comes down to hindsight and saying "someone should have done something"

Well life isn't that cut and dry especially after the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,171,154 times
Concerning the death penalty - my belief is that it is far too lenient. It completely stops any punishment, any pain or suffering, in an instant. I happen to believe that people should be punished for their crimes, not just put down, and a maximum security prison or a state psych hospital ARE punishment, despite rumors to the contrary (it's only minimum security prisons that are considered "easy").

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I hear the guy was on ADD medications since at least the 6th grade which IMO could develop a very messed up brain. He was also dosed up on prescription meds when he was arrested.

We have to look into his medical history IMO.
Mental or not, he killed a lot of people and if he was good enough to make traps in the apartment he should be good enough to die on death row IMO. (if convicted)
Where did you read that? All that I've seen is a media shrink speculating that he might have been medicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
Yes, they are, but I have my doubts about someone suffering the onset of schizophrenia, having psychotic episodes (and probably hallucinating) being that well-organized over such a long period of time. In his court appearance he didn't have the shallowness of affect that would be typical, he did seem - to me - that he was acting to some degree.
I agree.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. All you people coming to the conclusion that he should have been caught..HOW ?
It always comes down to hindsight and saying "someone should have done something"

Exactly! All this "Monday Morning Quarterbacking" is getting old.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
So the pkg sent to the psychiatrist/professor at CU is irrelevant? I guess that's why Holmes' public defender is demanding that law enforcement turn it over to the defense and that motion by the defense will be part of the hearing scheduled for Monday. Seems that, IF WE CAN BELIEVE THE NEWS REPORT, Holmes was seeing the CU psychiatrist as a patient. Maybe it's not so strange after all that Holmes sent a package to the CU psychiatrist/professor.

Colorado shooting suspect was a psychiatric patient - CNN.com

Old 07-27-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So the pkg sent to the psychiatrist/professor at CU is irrelevant? I guess that's why Holmes' public defender is demanding that law enforcement turn it over to the defense and that motion by the defense will be part of the hearing scheduled for Monday. Seems that, IF WE CAN BELIEVE THE NEWS REPORT, Holmes was seeing the CU psychiatrist as a patient. Maybe it's not so strange after all that Holmes sent a package to the CU psychiatrist/professor.

Colorado shooting suspect was a psychiatric patient - CNN.com
No one said it was irrelevant, did they? It didn't arrive at the psych's office until after the shootings, which was probably by design (Holmes').

Old 07-27-2012, 08:55 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times
News, Dane Cook jokes about theater shooting in LA comedy routine

Comedian and actor Dane Cook integrated the Aurora, Colo., shooting incident into his standup routine at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles Thursday.

“So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie,†Cook said, “And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap. Yea, spoiler alert.â€

Read more: Dane Cook uses theater shooting in LA comedy routine [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Old 07-27-2012, 08:56 PM

^^Safeway has tinfoil on sale this week. Stock up!

Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,342 times
Quote:
Well that no longer raises a flag because "mental health" was pushed on society as nothing to fear or get worried about.

You have plenty of kids on ADD meds and seeing shrinks now.
Unfortunately you are right it doesn't raise a flag. It should with certain forms of mental illness but not all. ADD isn't a violent mental illness that I have ever heard of. Mental illnesses that lead to violence should be flagged and always closely monitored by people who know people who have mental illness that leads to violence. If my child were mentally ill that could or is known to lead to violence I would raise her to always have a therapist to talk to, be honest, and closely monitored by everyone who is close to her. I would also find a way, if possible, to get her on some list where she could not purchase dangerous weapons. But again this depends on what kind of mental illness and to what degree. There's no need to worry about every one who is mentally ill and no way to really know who is unless the parents and said person make it known.

Quote:

That's true. It's like I said coulda, woulda, shoulda. We can't always know when a mentally ill person or any person mentally ill or not is going to snap. It would help if, as I said above, teh parents and people in their lives who do know keep a close watch on them and help them when they see something is wrong or they need their meds changed. Hiding who is doesn't help the mentally ill person or society. Another problem is that they don't always take their medication because if they are severe they don't like how the medication makes them feel ie., sleepy, drowsy, drugged feeling or they feel great and start to believe they no longer need it not accepting that it's the medication that makes them feel great and like they don't need it when they do. This is why it's so important to have people, not just one or two, in their lives who know.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 PM

78,453 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I think the truth needs to come out whatever that is. This whole scenario is very strange. As stated so far there is just circumstantial and conflicted accounts. If his farther was indeed this person I would say that is information worth knowing.
Um, most people would VERIFY the facts prior to presenting them.

Besides, we all know you work for the KGB and the Mosaad and are lying.

Also, the real shooter was Iranian and black and mormon.

Yep. No need to verify facts, let us just invade Iran right now.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:59 PM

78,453 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Interesting -- and of course with a "joker" you don't know what's real, is the joker devious or is the joker the fool, is there is someone behind the scenes orchestrating things, using the fool as a stand in.

And suddenly this guy who supposedly carefully planned all this out for the past 4 months, suddenly claims he can't remember a thing of it except that his room is booby-trapped? And you're right - the shooter was wearing a costume, how can any witnesses accurately identify him?

I really makes little sense for Holmes to have gone through all that effort to rig up his apartment to kill anyone who walked into it and most his neighbors and then quickly inform the police that it was rigged up with bombs.
Yes, a mentally ill guy should make perfect rational sense.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies