Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe you could have tried to talk him down like in the movies??? lol
Brute force. The kind people who don't hide behind guns often use. There is more than one way to feel like a tough guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
I bet the number of people that think they can shoot a guy in the head at 30 yds in the dark with a handgun and the amount of guys that think they would have made the NFL if they weren't sabotaged by their HS coach are probably the same.
I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they could do that. Perhaps you can show me the posts where people say they could shoot this guy in the head at thirty yards in the dark. What the NFL has to do with this I don't know. Perhaps your getting a little giddy with training camp starting up soon. Maybe one day you will be invited to the combine eh?? lol

Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
I agree with you here but how many hoops are needed? What if the government taxes ammo to the point most people simply can't afford it? Are they simply out of luck?

Taxing the ammunition isn't a loophole, its a means of outlawing without actually "outlawing".

Require licensed firearms dealers to be trained in spotting mental issues. We do that with some teachers now, and other people who have positions with public responsibility.

Of course you could make it so hard to buy a gun, or so hard to get ammunition, that its outlawing it without the term as well. Kind of like marijuana, it wasn't illegal for a long time, you simply had to get a stamp to buy it. The federal government printed one stamp, and never any more, and never sold it. Kind of screwed up.

But I don't think its unreasonable to require that guns and ammunition be bought before an individual, all the time, who is trained to somewhat spot loony folks like this idiot.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Brute force. The kind people who don't hide behind guns often use. There is more than one way to feel like a tough guy.
So if anyone had a weapon in the theater they should have put it down and charged the guy? Are you serious here? I hope not.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Why should ammo have to go to a dealer? I see 0 reason it should have to. There ia a 0 way it will stop a criminal. Even though doing a blackmarket sale in a parking lot for a gun is illegal in most places, there are 0 ways you are going to stop it unless they happen to get busted by luck. I mean, drugs are illegal yet blackmarket sales for it goes on thouands of times a day so??????

It is not illegal anywhere, to buy a gun from another individual through the mail or face to face in a parking lot. Might be a local law, but it isn't federal.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Taxing the ammunition isn't a loophole, its a means of outlawing without actually "outlawing".

Require licensed firearms dealers to be trained in spotting mental issues. We do that with some teachers now, and other people who have positions with public responsibility.

Of course you could make it so hard to buy a gun, or so hard to get ammunition, that its outlawing it without the term as well. Kind of like marijuana, it wasn't illegal for a long time, you simply had to get a stamp to buy it. The federal government printed one stamp, and never any more, and never sold it. Kind of screwed up.

But I don't think its unreasonable to require that guns and ammunition be bought before an individual, all the time, who is trained to somewhat spot loony folks like this idiot.
Somebody will always slip through the cracks. Many criminals are experts at doing that very thing. I'm sure there are alos folks who only care about making the $$ too no matter who is doing the purchasing. I'm willing to jump through the hoops for now.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Somebody will always slip through the cracks. Many criminals are experts at doing that very thing. I'm sure there are alos folks who only care about making the $$ too no matter who is doing the purchasing. I'm willing to jump through the hoops for now.
I can't argue with that, nothing but truth there.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
I bet the number of people that think they can shoot a guy in the head at 30 yds in the dark with a handgun and the amount of guys that think they would have made the NFL if they weren't sabotaged by their HS coach are probably the same.
That, sir is baseless horsepucky. First of all, nobody would ever try a headshot at 30 yards with any handgun, even if they were well trained. 30 feet, maybe and you shoot at center mass while closing the distance, all the while firing. That is how you do it. And that, sir is reality.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I bet when I go to the range this weekend, I'll see a ton of people doing the double tap + one to the head shots.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I bet when I go to the range this weekend, I'll see a ton of people doing the double tap + one to the head shots.

Go and overnight some "joker" targets, bring them with you and sale them at a 50% mark up.

You'll make a mint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies