Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Besides, what is the point of saying something tasteless and offensive?
I guess you've never heard of a joke?? I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If you dont want to be offended dont be such a touchy feely baby Whats so offensive anyway? Im not you. I dont get offended easily. If I did I would walk around with a CHIP on my shoulder all the time. You dont take crap from no one. Tough guy You da man! Got a woman? a boss? Parents? Siblings? Coworkers? Kids? a life? a car? etc. At some point you gotta grow some skin and take a little. Confucious say man with touchy skin bruise easy
I don't consider myself a tough guy. I just don't have alot of patience. I have parents and siblings. I don't have coworkers(I was laid off two months ago and I'm currently looking for a job), kids, a car, or a woman. So what? What does that have to do with how I feel about people who make racial comments like what that Olympic athlete said?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you've never heard of a joke?? I guess not.
But it was a shot at Africans, out of her own hatred.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
If nothing else, it was a downright stupid time and place to make such a nasty remark public. (not that anytime is acceptable) It's the Olympics after all. Good sportsmanship, brotherly love, all nations coming together. She deserves to be banned for her lack of sensitivity and common sense. Is that all that was on this nitwit's mind and the very best that she could find to twitter when she is fortunate enough to be included in a chance of a lifetime event and opportunity? Good riddance!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But it was a shot at Africans, out of her own hatred.
It was a joke. Hatred? Gimme a break. The feigned outrage is sad.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If nothing else, it was a downright stupid time and place to make such a nasty remark public. (not that anytime is acceptable) It's the Olympics after all. Good sportsmanship, brotherly love, all nations coming together. She deserves to be banned for her lack of sensitivity and common sense. Is that all that was on this nitwit's mind and the very best that she could find to twitter when she is fortunate enough to be included in a chance of a lifetime event and opportunity? Good riddance!
So now your calling for banning people for not having common sense? Are you kidding me? She wasn't "fortunate enough to be included" she earned it and now the PC kooks take it away over a joke. You folks have lost your minds.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:45 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I dont care about the comment. I do care about her membership in a hate group.
It's not a hate group. I don't agree with it personally, but call it a "Hate Group" really makes you look small-minded. That's how fascism starts. I don't agree with the views of the democrat party. Yet, I don't consider them a "Hate Group". It seems you don't like Freedom of Speech to much.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,636 posts, read 16,120,970 times
God and everyone else knows there's only one group it is acceptable to ridicule. (besides the North Koreans)

Old 07-26-2012, 05:51 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I may have to move to Greece and console that poor soul.
Im sure she has been consoled by the members of golden dawn many times.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
It's not a hate group. I don't agree with it personally, but call it a "Hate Group" really makes you look small-minded. That's how fascism starts. I don't agree with the views of the democrat party. Yet, I don't consider them a "Hate Group". It seems you don't like Freedom of Speech to much.
The world has seen what people who think like this group do. They need to be watched carefully. Don't wait this time until millions have to die to feel their pit of anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies