Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 06:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Habitual criminals get more chances then she ever got.Go figure.
I'm sure she'll get another chance next games.

The Olympic spirit : Friendship, Honor, Glory, Peace and Fair Play - to bring people together.

Is there room for hatred and racicm? No. It is not a "right" to be in the games, it is an honor and privilige, which she does not deserve. They Greeks did the right thing expelling her.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-26-2012 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 AM

684 posts, read 827,051 times
Perhaps I simply don't understand.

Her hypothesis was this:

1) There are many people from Africa in Greece.

Is this the racist part? I wouldn't consider it racist if someone said, "There are a lot of people from the UK in LA."

2) There are Mosquitos from Africa.

Is this the racist part? I can't imagine, but I can't imagine the rest of it as racist, either.

3) Mosquitos will bite people, including many people from Africa.

This doesn't seem racist. I'd consider it just mathematically sound.

4) Humorous anecdote: At least they get home made food.

The mosquitos are from Africa, many people in Greece are from Africa right now.

Can someone explain the racist part? This sounds like a storm spilled from a cup more than anything.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:45 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,703,472 times
Just when I think the ridiculous politically correct slack jaws can't get any sillier, something like this comes along.

I think the joke is hilarious.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,953,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well there's times where we uphold Freedom of Speech and there's times we don't.
Depends on who says it, where they say it and when they say it.

Consistency doesn't exist anymore so people think they can say or do whatever they want, whenever they want.
1) It's Greece. We have nothing to do with it.
2) She was free to say it. The Greek Olympic committee was also free to boot her from the team.

People are allowed to say what they want up to a point. They are also free to feel any repercussions from that.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,545,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Just when I think the ridiculous politically correct slack jaws can't get any sillier, something like this comes along.

Thats great. Maybe she can become a comedian. She has lots of free time now

Now that was funny. By the way,what was that you called the President yesterday? I want to laugh again but I forgot what that was?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:07 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,785,197 times
Unlike most people, I won't cover up my hatred with educational speech, so I'll just say **** this ***** and **** everything she stands for^_^

Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,591,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The world has seen what people who think like this group do. They need to be watched carefully. Don't wait this time until millions have to die to feel their pit of anger.
The world has also seen what left-wing/communist political leanings do. Mao and Stalin come to mind. Millions of people have died under those regimes. We always should keep the left under tight monitoring.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,591,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Remember, it's not fascism if the left does it.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 AM

52,924 posts, read 34,751,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Perhaps I simply don't understand.

Her hypothesis was this:

1) There are many people from Africa in Greece.

Is this the racist part? I wouldn't consider it racist if someone said, "There are a lot of people from the UK in LA."

2) There are Mosquitos from Africa.

Is this the racist part? I can't imagine, but I can't imagine the rest of it as racist, either.

3) Mosquitos will bite people, including many people from Africa.

This doesn't seem racist. I'd consider it just mathematically sound.

4) Humorous anecdote: At least they get home made food.

The mosquitos are from Africa, many people in Greece are from Africa right now.

Can someone explain the racist part? This sounds like a storm spilled from a cup more than anything.
these are all good points, but i wouldn't count on anyone actually answering the questions you posed.

it's so much more gratifying just to squall 'racism!!' and 'xenophobia!!' over and over again without having to think about it too much..

Old 07-26-2012, 08:04 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,846,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'm sure she'll get another chance next games.

The Olympic spirit : Friendship, Honor, Glory, Peace and Fair Play - to bring people together.

Is there room for hatred and racicm? No. It is not a "right" to be in the games, it is an honor and privilige, which she does not deserve. They Greeks did the right thing expelling her.
What are you talking about- There is no glory or honor left in the institution that is the Olympic games...you are in dream land...If there was a drop real ethical intelligence left in the games - They would NEVER have honored China...as an athlete runs around carrying the torch of fair play- down in the basement some non-compliant citizen was having their brains bashed out with an iron bar...Give me a break.

If it was about PEACE there would have also been forgiveness and some silly slight about bugs biting Africans would have been forgotten and put aside as a simple bad joke..A person trains- works hard all their life and is ready to show their stuff- and some geek Greek wants to appear noble and politically correct ruins an athletes life...This move is much worse - and more full of real hatred than a silly twitter comment about home made food and some immigrants who have taken refuge in Greece and excepted their kindness...with out charge....If it was a fair world- and true good faith existed- ONE Greek African immigrant would have stood up for the Greeks in general.

To attack a Greek in Greece where the games originated can only be described as oppressive and thankless...

I do not detect any hate- just one person with a dark sense of humor....When real hate comes along- what are you going to do then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies