Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you ever listened to that whole speech or do you just go along with the Obamas, the MSM, and other lefties about those few words about "You didn't do it"? You should try to hear the whole thing so as to know context.

In case you haven't hear the while thing here is the full 42+ minutes. I never manage to get past his hurrahs for Democrats but can always skip that part.

President Obama, in Roanoke Virginia - 2012-07-13 - YouTube
Every time I watch him, he reminds me of Malcom X. Watch some of Malcom's videos, Barry's the spittin image, it's a miracle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 11:01 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Ok I watched it. It was all retread stuff from the past and not original. A new "miracle" spin by a guy I never heard of who apparently does not care at all for Obama.

That's what I got out of that video. Am I wrong?
It has nothing to do with whether he is liked, it's about taking a village to provide the magic carpet ride to the top, and he still fails to succeed at anything, it's all a show.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Every time I watch him, he reminds me of Malcom X. Watch some of Malcom's videos, Barry's the spittin image, it's a miracle!

ooof.

do you remember how the "malcolm x is obama's father" myth got started claud? martha towbridge was convinced malcolm x was the father because they both owned a pair of glasses (.... and obama's were sunglasses!). i'd link to the claim but towbridge's site is now only open to subscribers.

there is nothing linking stanley ann dunham to malcolm x or any evidence of them ever being in the same area at the same time. unless you believe it was an immaculate conception. if that's the case then you'd have a strong argument for a miracle.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Sounds like a whole lot of this to me.

That's about all you conservos have, ....when all else fails (and it always does for you) attack the president with unfounded charges based on unfounded rumors or simple meaningless complaints. While you support a candidate you don't like who has far less experience in elected office.

Please feel free to address the FACTS posted.

Or, you can simply keep showing your ignorance by attacking the messengers.

Typical liberal obamanot........

Old 07-29-2012, 11:58 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Please feel free to address the FACTS posted.
i did for two of the claims. any response?

Old 07-29-2012, 12:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Instead of belittling the messenger, why not analyze the link? Do you not find Obama's rise to the Presidency unprecedented:
a nondescript high school and Columbia tenure

accepted into Harvard without having graduate with honors from Columbia

selected as president of the Harvard Law Review without having any publications to his credit

being given a substantial advance for a book he never produced

being given a second book advance after failing on his first

mysteriously winning Illinois senate seat and a seat in the US Senate after his opponents were disqualified/outed for personal activities

serving only two years in the US Senate before declaring for the Presidency

then being elected as President after having no executive experience, little state congressman experience, and even less experience as a legislator on the national level.
Please just gloss over these facts and continue your personal comments to the OP. That's about all you liberals have,....when all else fails just attack the messenger.

Like I pointed out earlier,

A whole lot of conspiracy theories and a Presidential speech taken WAY out of context.

Thats all this thread, and the opening video is about.

The whole idea of Obama being some kind of manchurian candidate is ridiculous.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You could drink a beer with him on an equal level, but could you treat him in a respectful manner as a superior by virture of the fact he is President of the United States? Could you ever acknowledge him as a superior and more successful than yourself? Even if you don't like his policies, by today's standards this man is more successful than almost all of the folks out there posting on anonymous internet sites.
Respecting the President of the United States is a thing of the past.

What makes Obama superior over anyone? He is not a God. What is your definition of "success"? Do you equate success to one being superior and that success automatically commands respect? Romney could be considered a success. Do you give him respect and do you consider him superior to you and others because of his "success"?

Please show where he has succeeded as President? Exactly what has he done in the past 3-1/2 years where the country is better off now than before he took office? One that I do know is that we are more divided than we have been for a very long time.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
We are going to need a miracle in 2016 regardless who is sitting in the Oval Office for the next four years. That miracle will be finding the person who willl work hard to fix everything that has been broken by Obama and if re-elected what he will continue to break, or if Romney gets the vote, fix what he breaks. I don't think either Obama or Romney has anything good to offer this country and the people.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
We are going to need a miracle in 2016 regardless who is sitting in the Oval Office for the next four years. That miracle will be finding the person who willl work hard to fix everything that has been broken by Obama and if re-elected what he will continue to break, or if Romney gets the vote, fix what he breaks. I don't think either Obama or Romney has anything good to offer this country and the people.
We need a President and a Congress that isn't worried about re-election.

Thats what we need.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Like I pointed out earlier,

A whole lot of conspiracy theories and a Presidential speech taken WAY out of context.

Thats all this thread, and the opening video is about.

The whole idea of Obama being some kind of manchurian candidate is ridiculous.

Not conspiracy theory. FACTS!!

Manchurian candidate? You analysis, ...your words,...not mine.

Facts are startling little things sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies