Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yep - the average American commits 3 felonies a day and isn't even aware of it.

Amazon.com: Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent (9781594032554): Harvey A. Silverglate: Books
I have that book on hold at the library.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So what? any idea how many crimes the average person commits in a day thanks to our law creating control freaks in gubemint?

America doesnt have the largest prison population in the history of planet on accident.
She does that because 1 she is a troll and 2 she just hates me...probably disagreed with her on something and she must hold a grudge Lol.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh, i don't know if there exists a good reason to taze a 12 year old. I mean geez...a 12 year old female....you can't physically handle her?

Yea, i get it...i wasn't there. Don't know how big the kid is. But she's still a preteen. Seems like cops are getting a little generous with the tazing these days.
Then of course all of you would be howling about how dare the cop man handle this young girl.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
2 actually. Both for tickets that weren't paid. 1 I thought was paid but wasn't. 1 I just didn't have the money to pay it and so they decided to not wait until I could pay it and wasted the taxpayers money for a whole 20 minute sit in jail,including wasting gas and manpower to arrest me for a simple seatbelt ticket.Cops are great at wasting money. Our little town here 2500 people we have a budget of over 1 million dollars for our police department. I lived in a town of 20k including a college that had less cops,less crime,less money spent on the police department. Just goes to show me that the good ole boys are in charge here.

Oh and actually I had a run in with a really nice police officer the other day. I don't agree with him pulling me over for simply not having a seat belt on it is my body and my vehicle but he was really nice about it all I even told him he was the nicest cop I had met in this town so no I don't hate all cops just ones that think their badge gives them the right to be *******s to the public and act like thugs and gang members.
This simple concept seems to elude you:

Don't break the law and they don't issue arrest warrants.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
According the he girl, the cop tased her because she was crying.
Most people in jail are also innocent. Just ask them and they'll tell you.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah they can arrest wherever they want as long as they have a warrant. Just another reason I keep my battery and sim card out of my cell phone when not in use.
So do people have to make an appointment if they want to call you so they know your phone is on?

Careful.....big brother is watching

Old 07-30-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I speed everyday. I don't stop when coming out of my driveway its on a rarely used dirt road that's marked private, usually a couple times a week I pass people on a double yellow because I hate slow drivers.

That's just off top of my head
So you know what the laws are, willfully break them, and then p i ss and moan about the consequences.
Just out of curiosity.....what other laws do you feel you should be free to violate with a free pass?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
2 actually. Both for tickets that weren't paid. 1 I thought was paid but wasn't. 1 I just didn't have the money to pay it and so they decided to not wait until I could pay it and wasted the taxpayers money for a whole 20 minute sit in jail,including wasting gas and manpower to arrest me for a simple seatbelt ticket.Cops are great at wasting money. Our little town here 2500 people we have a budget of over 1 million dollars for our police department. I lived in a town of 20k including a college that had less cops,less crime,less money spent on the police department. Just goes to show me that the good ole boys are in charge here.

Oh and actually I had a run in with a really nice police officer the other day. I don't agree with him pulling me over for simply not having a seat belt on it is my body and my vehicle but he was really nice about it all I even told him he was the nicest cop I had met in this town so no I don't hate all cops just ones that think their badge gives them the right to be *******s to the public and act like thugs and gang members.
1. It isn't the job of the police to decide whether to arrest you for not paying your tkt. They are simply acting on behalf of those who said to do it.

2. You may not agree with being pulled over for not wearing a seat belt, BUT, if it's the law, then they were simply doing their job. Nice or not, the police do not make the laws, they enforce the laws.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:43 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
I speed everyday. I don't stop when coming out of my driveway its on a rarely used dirt road that's marked private, usually a couple times a week I pass people on a double yellow because I hate slow drivers.

That's just off top of my head
Sad...

I do not speed, in fact I obey the traffic laws. While I dislike slower drivers, I don't cross double yellow lines to pass them, I saw someone killed that way once, when I was living in Charlotte. I was 19 at the time, and it made a LASTING impression.

I don't have police with warrants looking for me.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Sad...

I do not speed, in fact I obey the traffic laws. While I dislike slower drivers, I don't cross double yellow lines to pass them, I saw someone killed that way once, when I was living in Charlotte. I was 19 at the time, and it made a LASTING impression.

I don't have police with warrants looking for me.
Exactly. Driving recklessly because you don't like going slow is very ignorant and selfish. I won't put people's lives at risk so I can get to my destination two minutes earlier. Use the formula of 60 x distance = speed x time to see exactly how much time you save by driving faster. People are usually taken back to see how little time they save when I bring this up. I can afford to arrive two minutes later to avoid the risk of killing myself or someone else by driving recklessly. It's pretty easy to spot the immature people on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies