Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 AM

441 posts, read 501,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
$50,000 on exotic UNDERWEAR while we have 8.2% unemployment and 1.5% economic growth......and they try to say the Romney's are out of touch?
Exotic underwear, huh? Hmm. Yes. I assume you are a guy and I assume you have never purchased female underwear (either for yourself or for a loved one). Exotic underwear, huh?

Ah, the fashion police is not what it was...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
Exotic underwear, huh? Hmm. Yes. I assume you are a guy and I assume you have never purchased female underwear (either for yourself or for a loved one). Exotic underwear, huh?

Ah, the fashion police is not what it was...

I can assure you that I've never spent $50,000.00 on ANY purchase of underwear of any kind.

And if I were the leader of a nation where unemployment is at 8.2%, I rose the deficit 5 Trillion, and the economy was in the dumpster, I sure wouldn't want that made public if I did!!!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I can assure you that I've never spent $50,000.00 on ANY purchase of underwear of any kind.

And if I were the leader of a nation where unemployment is at 8.2%, I rose the deficit 5 Trillion, and the economy was in the dumpster, I sure wouldn't want that made public if I did!!!
You believe that stupid right-wing propaganda story? Wow, are you ever naive.

By the way, Agent Provocateur underwear - I've been in that store - spending $50,000 in there? Give me a break. And they only sell tiny anorexic sizes and Michelle's a big girl - no way did she buy stuff in there.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
She Feels Your Pain.......

The liberal media was all upset that “elitist” Ann Romney wore a $990 top during a May interview on “This Morning.” Yet this same media cheered the fashion and style of Queen Michelle Obama whose taste in sweaters cost her over $2,000 a pop.

But, yesterday Michelle Obama outdid herself.

Michelle Obama wore silver-and-white J Mendel for the evening soiree at Buckingham Palace. (Daily Mail)

The Embroidered Cap Sleeve Jacket costs $6,800.

Just a drop in the bucket.

The jacket cost more than the average American family makes in a month ($4,284).

And, she does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment.

Michelle REALLY feels your pain....and they call the Romney's out-of-touch?
Party at Buckingham Palace vs daytime morning show. People expect that people spend a lot on fancy evening affairs. Not so much on daily clothes.

No matter what it is completely irrelevant.

The reason that no one trips out when Michelle Obama wears something ridiculously expensive, is because she is equally likely to be wearing something from a mall store that is easily accessible (Gap, H&M, etc.)

Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
I don't get why people care what our government officials spend their personal income on.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:

The liberal media was all upset that “elitist” Ann Romney wore a $990 top during a May interview on “This Morning.” Yet this same media cheered the fashion and style of Queen Michelle Obama whose taste in sweaters cost her over $2,000 a pop.

Michelle Obama wore silver-and-white J Mendel for the evening soiree at Buckingham Palace. (Daily Mail)

The jacket cost more than the average American family makes in a month ($4,284).

And, she does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment.

She's The First Lady on a trip abroad representing her nation and meeting with the Queen. What should she wear? Michelle Obama has been known to wear clothing from retailers such as The Gap.

Michelle Obama wears $30 Gap dress - Telegraph

No matter how much you attempt to spin this, Michelle Obama comes from humble beginnings and is able to relate to the less privileged in ways that Mrs. Romney will never be capable of doing.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:

Michelle Obama has great fashion sense and regularly does "high/low" styling which takes skill of being able to mix both high end and lower priced items in your wardrobe while still looking amazing.

Michelle Obama's H&M Dress - Today Show | VIDEO | Styleite

TLC Style "10 Fashion Lessons We Can Learn From Michelle Obama"

High-low for Mrs. O

But the real question is....

Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I don't get why people care what our government officials spend their personal income on.

Actually, if you bothered to read this thread, I even said I don't care what they spend their onw money on.

The ENTIRE POINT here is the MEDIA HYPOCRISY!!!!

The media goes crazy over Ann Romney wearing a $990 top on TV.

The media couldn't care less if Ms Obama wears $6800.00 jackets however.

BOTH women wanted to look their best on those occasions.

I would venture to say that during this recession and unemployment here in the USA, a FIRST LADY has even more reason NOT to spend $6800 on a jacket, take lavish vacations that cost the taxpayers millions, or buy $50,000 worth of underwear!!! Especially when your HUSBAND is calling his opponent "out of touch"

Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Actually, if you bothered to read this thread, I even said I don't care what they spend their onw money on.

The ENTIRE POINT here is the MEDIA HYPOCRISY!!!!

The media goes crazy over Ann Romney wearing a $990 top on TV.

The media couldn't care less if Ms Obama wears $6800.00 jackets however.

BOTH women wanted to look their best on those occasions.

I would venture to say that during this recession and unemployment here in the USA, a FIRST LADY has even more reason NOT to spend $6800 on a jacket, take lavish vacations that cost the taxpayers millions, or buy $50,000 worth of underwear!!! Especially when your HUSBAND is calling his opponent "out of touch"
We explained this all to you, wannabe fashion cop. The $50,000 underwear story is total bs.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM

You haven't explained why the media cares ONLY when Ann Romney wears an expensive top on TV though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies