Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
All the idiot liberals who hate god can send their money to me.
No, no, no! That's no good at all. They have to send it right out of the country for the action to be meaningful. That's why being the good citizen of the world that I am I will take care of that discriminating money here in Canada where it can do no more harm in and to the poor old USA. The USA has had the misfortune of holding most of that stuff for too long and It's time someone else took on the burden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 09:20 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
In-N-Out Burger puts Bible verses on wrappers and cups.

I am shocked that a beloved California institution would be owned & operated in such a fashion.

Boycott In-N-Out Burger!

Why the Bible References on In-N-Out Wrappers? - YouTube

Perhaps they should use an atheists POV on their food packaging.

The belief that there was absolutely nothing. And nothing happened to the nothing until the nothing magically exploded, for no reason, creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

It's like boycotting Starbucks for being pro-gay. It's stooopid ! If you don't like a place, don't go there anymore...simple as that.

No, I'm not anti-atheist or bashing atheists...I could care less what someone else chooses to not believe in. And no, I'm not anti-gay either. I love gay people...they are the nicest people I have ever known.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:22 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
What an idiotic thread. It isn't about being anti-religion, people!!! It's about a business giving to organizations that work against gay marriage. If you aren't able to grasp the nuance of that argument, then at least realize that it is bad capitalism. Milton Friedman 101!!!!!

Ugh!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:23 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
It's owned by a family, not a corporation, so as far as I'm concerned they can do anything they want with their products as long as it doesn't violate health or safety regs. It would be the same as if they were Muslim or Marxist, let 'em do it the way they want to.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Christians are slowly taking over the food industry!!!!!

Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy's was a born again Christian!!!!
Oh my ! Call the firing squad !

The bigger picture is that all the fast food is killing people but no one cares about that...they want to pick on religious views. Sad, shows the general mentality of dumb americans.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Oh my ! Call the firing squad !

The bigger picture is that all the fast food is killing people but no one cares about that...they want to pick on religious views. Sad, shows the general mentality of dumb americans.
So true, so true. Some even have trouble spelling the names of our states.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Who cares that they have bible verses on their cups. They make you pay for it, not pray for it. I'm an atheist and I could care less if they have a bible verse on their wrappers. If you think about it, where do all those bible verses go? The garbage... Most people probably don't even know they are there. I don't read the wrappers and napkins at any fast food joint.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
In and Out Burger.

Is that name for real?

Sounds like it ought to be a gay favorite, appealing both to the reticent and the flamboyant.
Uh; not just "Gay" people, some of my Straight Cali friends used to say "In and Out Urge" back in the day and I'm Straight too. LOL

Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
It's like these idiots actually believe that we boycott simply because of religion.
Apparently many people tried to boycott Chick fil A because of their hatred of the owner's religion and his religious beliefs.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
This is getting asinine people!!!

NO - I would not participate in any boycott

Chill out people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies