Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
It was a typo...he meant to type "two" ROTFLMFAO
Normally I don't care about grammar, except when someone is using their anecdotal and unverified accounts of their education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Normally I don't care about grammar, except when someone is using their anecdotal and unverified accounts of their education.

I agree. I hate the spelling police who think a typo shows your entire debate is baseless. But when you are arguing about how great your intellect is while putting down other's....then it is entirely appropriate.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well 8 years of No Child Left Behind and 8 years worth of cuts to education and college funding while at the same time the cost of college has gone on the rise with no end in sight. Oh and remember every time you vote against education funding and cut those damn elitist teachers only reduces quality of education in this country.

Maybe Liberals are too busy padding the pockets of the UNIONS to worry about funding education???

Illinois to Spend More on Pensions Than on Education

The state of Illinois faces at least $83 billion in unfunded liability between its five pension systems, and is on track to spend more on its government pensions than on education by 2016

Among states, Illinois stands out for setting aside a huge 12% of its annual budget just for its chronically underfunded pension.

Credit rating agencies have threatened to lower the state's rating unless lawmakers ease the strain on the budget.

Illinois' structural deficit along with its huge unfunded pension liability have led to credit downgrades, with Illinois rated in the low one-letter A grades by Moody's Investors Service, the lowest level among states it rates.

Meanwhile, Illinois joins New York, California and Maryland in having the highest state tax rates in the country. Illinois was dinged last year for boosting its taxes 67%.

Pension reform is a hot button issue, with government workers receiving far more than the private sector in retiree benefits, numerous studies have shown.

------------------------------------------------------

That's what happens when you keep electing Liberals!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Remember, I have exactly one year more of college than you have, so anytime you discredit me, you're discrediting yourself a little more.
Mail order college degrees don't count, neither does Trump University.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
It was a typo...he meant to type "two" ROTFLMFAO
Or I missed an "o" in too when typing on my phone...yep you got me there

Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Yep, you got me, I was typing on my phone and it must of corrected it to "to" instead of "too" how devilish of you to correct me on my error.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Mail order college degrees don't count, neither does Trump University.

I mean this in a helpful way.....

You really look bad attempting to put other people down when you have no clue what their education level is or what they do for a living.

The only thing I think when I see someone doing that is "overcompensation".

Stick to debating facts and you'll look much better to the rest of this board.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:50 PM

If you really are using your phone, then the only way to post easily on C-D is to install the forum app called "Tapatalk".

Old 08-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I mean this in a helpful way.....

You really look bad attempting to put other people down when you have no clue what their education level is or what they do for a living.

The only thing I think when I see someone doing that is "overcompensation".

Stick to debating facts and you'll look much better to the rest of this board.
I really don't worry about how a Con on C-D sees me, it's not like you are ever going to agree with me and you are just going to stick to your Republican talking points. Oh and where are Romney's tax returns, we are still waiting for those.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I really don't worry about how a Con on C-D sees me, it's not like you are ever going to agree with me and you are just going to stick to your Republican talking points. Oh and where are Romney's tax returns, we are still waiting for those.

That's really pretty sad because I wasn't saying that as a political opponent of yours...I really was only trying to help.

What I was saying had nothing at all to do with politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies