Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is partly racial. His election scared a lot of people because of his biography. Now in polite society you can no longer say that is why you are scared. So to justify their overwhelming fear, they have to create this President Obama who is really evil trying to destroy America, then their racial fear can be expressed without getting called out on it.

Another part is this conservative media bubble thing that has been created with their own alternative facts which they pump out to their viewers.

Another part I think is the psychological make up of those who call themselves conservative. I think their minds are more prone to be fear based and conspiracy minded as a way to understand the world. They have a much more of an "us" versus "them" view of the world and President Obama in their minds in definitely in the "them" column.
I have really enjoyed having you progs call me racial because I didn't vote for Obama and have been against his policies from the start. Is all that name calling a part of prog thinking? i surely think so. I don't think of Obama as the first black president and refused to vote for him so I could tell my relations from a cell somewhere that I had been against him from the beginning,

I didn't read either of his books so i couldn't have been afraid of him because of them or his race. it did bother me that many people voted for him because of his race but that had nothing to do with me holding my nose and voting for Sarah and that little white haired guy running with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The only one I saw there was about where he spent the 4th of July. How about you defending some of those other piles of Pelosi that Eddie listed. You surely can do so, can't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How many are outright lies? We can start with your posts.

Obama removing voting rights for the military...
-Obama sued to restore in-person early voting for all Ohioans during the three days prior to Election Day

Obama telling business owners they didn't build their business...
-Obama says they didn't build the roads outside their business

Obama is cherry-picking UE data...
-He's using the same criteria that every president since Nixon has to announce the UE rate. There's always been a multiple UE reports and every president since Nixon has used the same one Obama is using.

DOJ is about to give Islam special rights against criticism...
-The question that led to this lie was about ALL RELIGIONS, not Islam specifically, and it wasn't even answered affirmatively

Obama is spending the 4th of July in France...
-He spent it doing speeches in the USA, visiting & speaking at events.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The idelogical debates/arguments are fair game and what politics used to be about. Your opposition to the other side was based on the merits that you thought your position was right/stronger.

Even the partisan overreach & blame games are based on fact, just fact covered in faux outrage.

What I don't understand are the outright fabrications. The presentation of things that are easily disproven by facts as fact. The lies. The distortions. It's disgusting.

It seems 4-5 times a week Conservatives on here would rather froth at the mouth over a lie than actually admit they are pushing a lie. Again, I'm not talking about opinion on policy or ideology. I'm talking about facts that are misrepresented, distorted, or omitted just to paint a picture.

How many threads have there been these past few weeks? Off the top of my head...

Are Republicans that desperate that they'll happily resort to lying? Or are they so deluded about the truth of politics that any lie about Obama or Democrats is assumed to be true?
I have never even heard of most of those.

0bama did say "If you’ve got a business...THAT!! .... you didn’t build THAT.... somebody else, made THAT happen"

He did not say "you didn't invest in that". Investing in roads and bridges was in the previous sentence, "building" them was not. Before that, he belittled success because "You didn't get there on your own", so it stands to reason he does not credit businesses with getting their own, or building it on their own, because he does think someone else, i.e. government, made it happen.

0bama purposely uses the unemployment numbers to mislead people. He states he created jobs, even when the month ends up with a net job loss.

It's like selling people on your weight loss program by saying you lost thirty pounds last month, when you weighed ten pounds heavier at the end of the month. Technically, by taking a crap each day you did loose the weight of the crap, but claiming that is actual lost weight is being dishonest.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:08 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,716,747 times
98% of the media stories about Romney have been negative.

But even with having the entire mainstream media working for your campaign, Obama is still lagging in the national polls.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
I imagine any and all positive threads about the President or his Administration would be a lie.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
-Obama sued to restore in-person early voting for all Ohioans during the three days prior to Election Day

-He's using the same criteria that every president since Nixon has to announce the UE rate. There's always been a multiple UE reports and every president since Nixon has used the same one Obama is using.

-The question that led to this lie was about ALL RELIGIONS, not Islam specifically, and it wasn't even answered affirmatively

-He spent it doing speeches in the USA, visiting & speaking at events.
Can you explain how an Ohio soldier stationed thousands of miles from Ohio gets any advantage from what I bolded. I think that you have lost this one so better forget it.

Obama didn't say that business owners didn't build roads and bridges. He said, quite plainly that having built a successful business wasn't done by the businessmen. I think he was trying to imply that government had been responsible for the success but when he said that he talked about teachers, roads etc all government people. Now if he didn't say "You didn't build that" he meant to say that government was responsible and that just isn't right. Oh yeah he said those words and he once said that words mean something. Trying to walk back way he said several days after he said the words just won't win anything.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Can you explain how an Ohio soldier stationed thousands of miles from Ohio gets any advantage from what I bolded. I think that you have lost this one so better forget it.

Obama didn't say that business owners didn't build roads and bridges. He said, quite plainly that having built a successful business wasn't done by the businessmen. I think he was trying to imply that government had been responsible for the success but when he said that he talked about teachers, roads etc all government people. Now if he didn't say "You didn't build that" he meant to say that government was responsible and that just isn't right. Oh yeah he said those words and he once said that words mean something. Trying to walk back way he said several days after he said the words just won't win anything.
I entered the militarily at age 17, so I never got to vote in my precinct, it was always thru an absentee ballot. I spent more then a few election cycles out in the middle of nowhere, as in no mailbox, no post office. I still voted, still had it witnessed and everything, but it did not go thru normal US mail. It makes me wonder how many of my ballots were tossed in the trash because some jerk thought it arrived later then he'd of liked.

0bama holds a grudge against the successful private business person, it's like Zuckerman said: "America typically boos the losers, but this has become an administration that boos the winners."

Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have never even heard of most of those.

0bama did say "If you’ve got a business...THAT!! .... you didn’t build THAT.... somebody else, made THAT happen"

He did not say "you didn't invest in that". Investing in roads and bridges was in the previous sentence, "building" them was not. Before that, he belittled success because "You didn't get there on your own", so it stands to reason he does not credit businesses with getting their own, or building it on their own, because he does think someone else, i.e. government, made it happen.

Quote:
You and roy are exactly who I'm talking about. You make the claim that Obama was obviously talking about small business, yet the quote you use always starts at the sentence after he's clarifying the infrastructure he's talking about.

If you and your ilk are so certain of this obvious truth, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LEAVE OUT THAT SENTENCE?

I'll do you both a solid and post the full context of that quote:

Quote:
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
For 3 straight "somebody", Obama is referring people building up infrastructure & the like, so what's the tell you that last "somebody" is referring to.

Quote:
He doesn't get an advantage! One group of citizens is not supposed to get voting advantages which is why Obama gave the same early voter extension that the military gets TO EVERYONE who can vote. At this point, your only argument is that you oppose equal voting rights.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Could you cite the portion of the Constitution that details this particular function of the federal governent?
It's inherent in the definition of "Government". Government exists for what purpose do you suppose????
Especially a democracy. It exists to provide justice for the citizens. Now you tell me. Is it just for the vast majority of the people to slave away and recieve none of the benefits for their labour? That is exactly what has happened in every single political system where the concept of fairly cutting up the economic pie was absent.

At the height of the British Empire when the country was by far the richest country in the world, the workers had ZIPO, nothing, nada. People died like flies from overwork, little children were worked to death on a daily basis. It did the average person no good what so ever to be a citizen of the greatest power in the world because the country was ruled by the wealthy for the wealthy. In fact it was probably worse for the average man than if the country had been a middle or weak power because even though this man derived no benefits from his citizenship he was called on a regular basis to die on the fields of battle in order to further the very system that made him into a human mule.

I hope that you realize that your question is really an idiot question and only someone with absolutely no sence of reality could ask it.

It's typical though of what passes for political discussion in your country today. When the leaders of millions of people are as dumb as stumps, when they lie and misrepresent everything, when they do not have a clue at all on what ails the nation then how could their followers be expected to be any different.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM

865 posts, read 623,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ah roy roy roy. THE REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH??????? Another of those RWNJ phrases that are completely and totally meaningless. To the GOP it means paying a person a living wage for their work. It means paying your share of Taxes to the nation that allows you such riches. If fact it means anything at all that gives the vast majority of Americans their fair share in the nations economic pie.

Don't these brain dead idiots realize that it one of the functions of government to see to it that the people in their country are not totally exploited? That they are not reduced to the level of wage slaves. Making sure they don't is "Wealth redistribution" in the minds of the most greedy, ignorant, parasite class their has ever been in the USA.

Have you ever noticed it's those who have tens of millions of dollars that don't want anyone else to enjoy the material benefits of being an American. I'm tell you, there is an exceptionally hot little corner of Hell where they can contemplate what they have done wrong in this world.
Where do you find that in the Constitution? Is that tucked somewhere between "separation of church and state" and "we're a democracy"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies