Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Since those that hunt cover both sides of the American political spectrum, you fit in the same box as those who rudely commented on her Facebook page.
There exist conservative militant anti-hunters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Like to know the age of these posters, they really need to grow up and realize hunting correctly is a way to keep animals from over populating. Over population causes disease and sickens the herd or flock. One said "kill yourself" now thats a mature response and possible danger for this womens life.

cometclear I agree with you completely!!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'll admit that i'm not a fan if trophy hunting but if the meat is either consumed or donated, that's different.

Those tweets, disgusting. Anti-violence crowd my rosy pink nail polish!
I'm with you on this one, no fan of trophy hunting either! except if the meat is either donated or consumed, that makes a difference.

Some of the tweets, were more then disgusting, some seem pretty violent in their thinking. Too many nuts out there today, you have to worry if any of these threats, are meant by the people making them, or are they just blowing off steam.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Oh a nonstory. By the way wtf is a twitchy? That is a terrible name. It makes me think of itchy or itching. Maybe its a huge success.
Actually no, it is not a non-story. It is not the first Olympian threatened in such a manner. The one I read the hateful comments about in the comments section of an online newspaper was about the US male archery team member Brady Ellison (also a hunter).

Do you see a pattern?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:31 PM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times
HSUS (Humane Society of the US) is one of the most rabid anti-hunter/anti-gun rights organization out there.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Well, if deer become overpopulated, they'll have the opportunity to be hit by a car and die a painful death, rather than taking a instant kill headshot.

Hunting is actually a much more humane way to kill a deer than having its ribs crushed by a grill or mauled by a bear.
Let me rephrase.

I am against hunting if it's for the sole purpose of bagging a trophy. I'm not against hunting for food. As a matter of fact, I grill a damn mean elk steak.

If people just want a trophy, they can at least donate the carcass to people who can use it.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually no, it is not a non-story. It is not the first Olympian threatened in such a manner. The one I read the hateful comments about in the comments section of an online newspaper was about the US male archery team member Brady Ellison (also a hunter).

Do you see a pattern?
Nah, I see the internet where people say trollish things for a variety of reasons.

I read espn website and there is story of a Football coach's son being found dead. Now this coach and his son aren't perfect, but this is a tragedy.

Go read the comment section and see the epic trolling because he coaches a team who is the rival to their favorite team.

So if people will troll over the death of a man's son because of sports..... I can pretty much assure you that anything can be and is trolled on the internet and since everything is trolled on the internet this is a non story.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
There exist conservative militant anti-hunters?
I know I laughed also.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A "non-story"? These people want an Olympic athlete dead - how is that a "non-story"?
I can pretty much assure you that anything can be and is trolled on the internet and since everything is trolled on the internet this is a non story.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I can pretty much assure you that anything can be and is trolled on the internet and since everything is trolled on the internet this is a non story.
yes yes, a death threat against you over e-mail or twitter wouldn't be met by calling the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies