Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Useless Winning and Crying about it is most of what you hear today ! ! ! ... ..
Winning? Sure, we all want to win. It beats losing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
But what if you aren't as poor as the other person? Shouldn't you be equally poor?
No, we should all be around the GDP, that means me, the poorer people you want me to give 50's to, and most of America should be given Bill Gates 50's. We should be getting some of your 50's as well.

Quote:
What does that have to do with lending at hand at your local library or food pantry?
My time is better used trying to improve my own lot. I am not at the "self actualization" point of Maslos.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:49 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
No, we should all be around the GDP, that means me, the poorer people you want me to give 50's to, and most of America should be given Bill Gates 50's. We should be getting some of your 50's as well.
What exactly is the process that should be followed in order to redistribute the wealth to the poor?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That's not how it works in real life.
Sometimes it is, when the CEO retains a majority ownership of the company.....Mark Zuckerberg

Other times, they simply need their crony board to approve their insane compensation packages.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Eaasy there annerk, pop a pill. Nobody thinks that up to 90% of your wealth should be taken from you. Nobody's prying your guns from your cold, dead fingers. Let's not get all panicky.

I know this is all very hard for Rightists to follow, but up through the '50's it was income that was taxed at 92%, not SAVINGS. {der}
And if you start taxing 90% of my income, I'm going to have to start dipping into that savings.

Quote:

I know that you guys need to ditch 95% of the information we give, because you can not follow it. This is why you say "bottom line". It's a way of bypassing those countervailing ideas which you can not dispute, and substituting your own canned propagandized view handed down to you by Hannity and O'Reilly.

You have a right to your opinion, however misplaced, ill thought-out, and detrimental to your own situation it is. But if you're going to try and participate in an actual economic discussion, you are not allowed to just bypass 95% of the facts and substitute schite.
I follow it just fine, I just don't agree with the [lack of] logic behind it.

Quote:
See, another misperception, even after I'd clearly explained it. One needs a certain level of income, in order to survive. One needs the next level in order to get wants. And above that one is just feeding their insecurities. No one making less than $100k a year can be legitimately be asked to go out throwing around $50's, unless you're being dishonest. If you've forgotten what this discussion is about, I order you to go back to the beginning and re-read this thread.
You order me? Uh huh.

Quote:
Yeah. Surre you did.
Actually, yes we did. We donate yearly to a variety of charities, mostly grass roots organizations including our local food pantry, a battered women's shelter, an organization that provides service dogs to disabled veterans (did you know that it costs around $15K to train a service dog to assist a disabled vet?), a children's cancer charity, Habitat, Alzheimers, a volunteer rescue squad, and a few others. We fully believe in giving back to our community. The difference we feel we should do it voluntarily and through organizations who have low overhead as opposed to through our taxes and the bloated government.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
What exactly is the process that should be followed in order to redistribute the wealth to the poor?

Huge taxation of ultra high incomes. That money should be directly used to fund negative income taxes and public works projects (this is not to be read as "funnel through private construction firms").

653 posts, read 1,803,063 times
Quote:
Same taxation and reasonable regulation we had through the '50's which made this nation great.

Either that, or Blue States SECEDE, so we can disavow this unpayable national debt the Reds wanted.

annerk, you are completely lost. You are not following this.

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Tax credits seem to be working for now. A, rediculous, percentage of people get more back on their tax returns than they pay in.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
The difference we feel we should do it voluntarily and through organizations who have low overhead as opposed to through our taxes and the bloated government.

You realize most of the "bloat" of government is caused by inefficient private hands stirring in the pot right?

The middle east wars are so expensive because of government contractors and war profiteers.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Sometimes it is, when the CEO retains a majority ownership of the company.....Mark Zuckerberg

Other times, they simply need their crony board to approve their insane compensation packages.
There's no difference between an owner taking a huge bonus or retaining the profits. The money is his either way. That chair that you sit on at work... is his also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies