Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:18 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,968,021 times

Advertisements

The military adventures "Our Government" has been involved in for the past 30 years has solely benefited the Big Corporations and Financial Markets, with the Tax Payers footing the Bill.

It has also been said that these same corporate and financial companies have no obligations to support or provide for the well being of the people of this country, but to only look out for their own self interests and profits.

My question is, why should anyone support anything then about our country if there is no self interests involved for ourselves? Why should my tax dollars go to help feed the Government Run MIC so they can murder, kill and steal from other countries and people at my expense?

Especially considering that the top 1% reap the benefits from these criminal undertakings that go far beyond defending the country.

Being former active military, I find patriotism akin to being brainwashed, while the top 1% use it for their own self interests. They and their cronies have no love, patriotism, nor care for their country, but only use others as a tool to get what they want for themselves that exist in the small circle at the top.

Romney the Crony Capitalist (Not Republican) is a perfect example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,042,510 times
So - you are saying that you are unpatriotic?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,174,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The military adventures "Our Government" has been involved in for the past 30 years has solely benefited the Big Corporations and Financial Markets, with the Tax Payers footing the Bill.

It has also been said that these same corporate and financial companies have no obligations to support or provide for the well being of the people of this country, but to only look out for their own self interests and profits.

My question is, why should anyone support anything then about our country if there is no self interests involved for ourselves? Why should my tax dollars go to help feed the Government Run MIC so they can murder, kill and steal from other countries and people at my expense?

Especially considering that the top 1% reap the benefits from these criminal undertakings that go far beyond defending the country.

Being former active military, I find patriotism akin to being brainwashed, while the top 1% use it for their own self interests. They and their cronies have no love, patriotism, nor care for their country, but only use others as a tool to get what they want for themselves that exist in the small circle at the top.

Romney the Crony Capitalist (Not Republican) is a perfect example.
Romney is a republican party member. He's just not a conservative. Mr obama, well he's not a conservative either. It would seem I don't have very good prospects for someone to represent the needs, desires, and values of me and mine in either the white house or congress. Oh well, snafu.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So - you are saying that you are unpatriotic?
Its a question mark post.

If patriotism means supporting the well being of ones country, then yes, I am patriotic.

But, why be patriotic when it is quite evident that the top elite do not support the well being of ones country as exhibited by their practices and policies, in the Big Corporations and Financial Industries.

They freely admit they do not support the well being of their country by their policies and criminal actions involved in our government and around the world.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,995,178 times
Geez you nailed it. Not many people get this. Elites love for the peons to have their minds taken off domestic, quality of life, issues.

If they can get them scared about Iran, or Hugo Chavez, or the "War on Terror"...then they will not ask for a better quality of life while these scary made up monsters exist.

The sad thing is. It's an IQ issue. Inbred. I don't have much hope for things getting better.

When half the country is unable to even vote in their own family's best interest, we are screwed.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Romney is a republican party member. He's just not a conservative. Mr obama, well he's not a conservative either. It would seem I don't have very good prospects for someone to represent the needs, desires, and values of me and mine in either the white house or congress. Oh well, snafu.

I would have to disagree and say we do not have any Democrats or Republicans in our government, regardless of what they label themselves as. Only crony capitalist puppets.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,042,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Geez you nailed it. Not many people get this. Elites love for the peons to have their minds taken off domestic, quality of life, issues.

If they can get them scared about Iran, or Hugo Chavez, or the "War on Terror"...then they wan't ask for a better quality of life while these scary monsters exist.

The sad thing is. It's an IQ issue. Inbred. I don't have much hope for things getting better.

When half the country is unable to even vote in their own family's best interest, we are screwed.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM

45,254 posts, read 26,506,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

If they can get them scared about Iran, or Hugo Chavez, or the "War on Terror"...then they wan't ask for a better quality of life while these scary monsters exist.
yep myths and scare tacticts abound...
like you'll die without the government running health care, or you'll be dumb and useless without college, or you'll live in a box without a home mortgage, you could never retire without S.S.,if we dont subsidize green energy planes will fall out of the sky, without drug laws we'd all be adicts, gun laws keep us safe...

Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM

People like you are quick to throw the conspiracy attack in order to stifle any further discussion.
A conspiracy theory involves a hidden and unspoken plot by some sinister agents, people or government etc.

That throws your tin foil hat out the water, because we cross over from the hidden into what is known and spoken by our very own politicians and statesmen's.

If you wish, I can start with Henry Kissinger, or perhaps Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski, or George Bush even.
Just let me know.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,005,903 times
Well it sure didn't take long for someone to use the "tin foil" reference. What else would you expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies