Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:42 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
exactly
What kind of stupidity would lead people to believe the US went to war with Iraq because the administration cared about the freedom of the Iraqi people? It is nothing but the media's story in trying to justify a pure military invasion. I can't believe some people are brainwashed enough to buy that kind of crap. How many people were killed by Saddam is by no way a motive for attack but definitely served as a nice excuse as if the US government cares about humanities worldwide.Guess what, if Iraq were not in the middle east, the US would not care if its entire population is killed.

What the US wants is keep controlling the middle east and hope everyone serves the US like Saudi Arabia.

Speaking of freedom, how come the US is not interested in giving Saudi Arabians just that? It is one of the most authoritarian regime in the world, where general elections and political parties are not allowed. I only see the US continuously preaching China about that but it never seems to have a problem with the lack of freedom and democracy in Saudi Arabia. Speaking of hypocrisy.

It's obviously because of oil interests but I wish Saudi wasn't considered our friend. It should be just the opposite, they should be our biggest enemy in the world. They are the world's top sponsor and training ground for radical islamic terrorism. 15 of the 19 911 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. They are the most extreme Muslim country for lack of freedom.

I truly hate Saudi Arabia for not allowing women to drive cars. Just about all other Muslim countries, inclding Iran, let women drive. This is worth going to war over...also to stop saudi from forcing women to wear those scary black costumes where only the slits of the eyes show. We should force Saudi to become more western and secular INSTEAD we join forces with Saudi to make the rest of the region more Islamic and backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
We all know Iraq had nothing to do with 911 or terrorism now.

So how the Iraq war is seen now, 10 years after? I wonder how the American see this.
I see it now as I did then, the agenda Bush Jr had when he went into office. Had it not been for 9/11, he would've manufactured some other reason. In fact, I am still not so certain that he and his daddy's cabinet were not behind 9/11.

It was just an excuse to clear a Bush Sr. vendetta, and put LOTS and LOTS of money into the military industrialists pockets, and move a lot of potentially unemployed kids overseas to become cannon fodder.

Same as most any war, in that regard.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
A mistake.

And they are trying to sell us a war in Iran too.

Let's hope the people don't fall for that this time.

What she said folks!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:51 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
We all know Iraq had nothing to do with 911 or terrorism now.

So how the Iraq war is seen now, 10 years after? I wonder how the American see this.
A total waste of the lives of 4,000 U.S. service members, ten of thousands more wounded and over $1 trillion dollars.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
or someone might say, necessary sacrifices for "freedom".

I am so glad not many American buy this brainwashing crap any more.

My favorite saying from the chickenhawks is "we gotta fight them over there, so that we don't have to fight them over here!" LOL!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The picture of the old goof being pulled out of his spider hole is a joke. Saddam was a product of American imperialism...as a young man he was coached by the CIA...America created this Frankenstein monster...When Saddam was leaving Kuait - and left his Republican Guard out in the open to be sprayed like a trail of ants with insecticide - actually though he was till part of the exclusive club..the international oil mafia...He really did not believe American air power would decimate those men heading back to Iraq....

No one in their right mind would put infantry in such danger unless they were sure they would not be attacked...Saddam must have been shocked to find out that the tacit agreement with the Americans suddenly became null and void. That he had been double crossed.

Now we see a trail of former CIA stole pigeons dead...Khadafi...Saddam...and now on their list is the President of Syria....

Didn't the CIA also train Bin Laden? Oops.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Didn't the CIA also train Bin Laden? Oops.
No, they did not. The CIA left Afghanistan after the USSR ended their war with the Afghans in 1988. Osama bin Laden did not even arrive in Afghanistan until 1989.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Nothing has changed, Iraq still hates us for our freedoms.

Ahh yes the other favorite response from chickenhawks!

And no, I didn't mean you being a chickenhawk.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
Really? HOw many Iraqis are being feed through wood chippers these days?
Well, 93 people got blown up yesterday:

Iraq officials: More than 90 dead in Thursday's attacks

And that's merely the second deadliest day of bombings in Iraq in the past couple months.

Being killed by shrapnel is an ugly process. Not everyone gets a nice clean death; those on the margins of the fatality zone sometimes survive temporarily with gruesome injuries and "traumatic amputations."

And that's not to mention the smaller daily attacks across Iraq, from assassinations to kidnappings to bombings that "only" kill 2 or 3 people rather than 20 to 30.

An improvement from Saddam? It's actually not a straightforward question.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:59 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We removed a dictator who murdered his own people, went to war repeatedly with his neighbors, was not abiding by the cease fire or UN Resolutions, it's good that he is gone.

None of those are good reasons why the United States should have gone there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies