Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
If I am not mistaken, Mao died at the age of 83, while still on the position of Chairman of China with all the power possible. He is still universally adored in China.

How did you help?
I personally didnt help. But my family in that era went after him. Remember, not all wars are fought with guns...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
how many innocent people did we kill or american soldiers died going after those on your list?
oh thats okay we'll just call them collateral damage so we can sleep at night.
Volunteer forces, with the exception of a few in Vietnam, new what they were going after, and they all new the ultimate sacrifice could happen. Heroes. call it collateral liberal, if thats what you want.
My family's military history includes, Revolutionary, Civil, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and me since '88.
We love our country enough to do whatever is necessary to stop anyone potentially harming our way of life..

Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
I see this so called war as a shame on our country. We had no right or purpose to impose ourselves there. We have lost so many men and women because of our arrogance. To those of you that didn't have a loved one over there couldn't possibly understand the impact this has had on them and their families.
I think the difference between Democrats and Republicans is that one party tries peace first whereas the other just wants to go to war no matter what the casualties are

Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The picture of the old goof being pulled out of his spider hole is a joke. Saddam was a product of American imperialism...as a young man he was coached by the CIA...America created this Frankenstein monster...When Saddam was leaving Kuait - and left his Republican Guard out in the open to be sprayed like a trail of ants with insecticide - actually though he was till part of the exclusive club..the international oil mafia...He really did not believe American air power would decimate those men heading back to Iraq....

No one in their right mind would put infantry in such danger unless they were sure they would not be attacked...Saddam must have been shocked to find out that the tacit agreement with the Americans suddenly became null and void. That he had been double crossed.

Now we see a trail of former CIA stole pigeons dead...Khadafi...Saddam...and now on their list is the President of Syria....
So you are a military expert? What college, experience, war college, etc have you got? Interested minds would like to know how you came about the Joke of the picture, infantry issue etc.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are many dictators that people think need to go away, that doesn't mean that the US pretty much unilaterally needs to be the policeman, easy for you to say, not so for the families of the 3000 dead and many more injured.

It's always much easier to have high reaching principles from a keyboard in deciding the fate of US soldiers.
24 years in the service, and if I go, its because it is what it is.
3000 men is a horrible fate for them, no doubt. How many died in WW2, Vietnam, Korea, or the worst for us, the Civil? No to say they arent important, but we lose more people in drunk driving accident in one year in the USA. That is a testament to how well trained, and how effective we are at getting the job done with a very low rate of deaths in 10 years..

Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Can we add the violent Occupy Wall Street er's.....I mean Violent Warmongers egging on Iran to the list?
Violence is ok I guess after all to those trashing OWS.
Confused as to what you are trying to say with this pic?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:40 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Can you tell me how Saddam's Iraq was a threat to the average American's way of life, and how it coincides as well with the constitution in regards to defensive measures. What state was Saddam attacking?
Before you say the US was protecting the oil dollar, then I also ask you if you believe in personal responsibility on a government and country level, where they should be self sufficient and independent, and not dependent on other countries or leaders.

Do you believe in the direction and wishes of the founding fathers in regards to their positions on wars and foreign entanglements and that the military should be only used for defensive purposes?

"The Founding Fathers – the basis for American values – warned against standing armies and foreign entanglements, saying that overgrown military establishments destroy our liberty."

Our freedom's and Liberty get extinguished as we get into war after war. SO when do the wars end and when do we get our freedoms back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Volunteer forces, with the exception of a few in Vietnam, new what they were going after, and they all new the ultimate sacrifice could happen. Heroes. call it collateral liberal, if thats what you want.
My family's military history includes, Revolutionary, Civil, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and me since '88.
We love our country enough to do whatever is necessary to stop anyone potentially harming our way of life..

Old 08-10-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I see this so called war as a shame on our country. We had no right or purpose to impose ourselves there. We have lost so many men and women because of our arrogance. To those of you that didn't have a loved one over there couldn't possibly understand the impact this has had on them and their families.
I think the difference between Democrats and Republicans is that one party tries peace first whereas the other just wants to go to war no matter what the casualties are
Natalie, might want to look up who started wars, and what party they were.
Correct me if I am wrong
WW1-Wilson , Democrat
WW2-Roosevelt, Democrat
Korean-Truman, Democrat
Vietnam- Kennedy, Democrat(Johnson Escalated it, Democrat), Nixon was the one that stopped it, Republican
Cold War, Libya, Lebanon, and Central America-Reagan..Republican.
Gulf War 1, Bush Sr-Republican
Gulf War 2, Clinton-Democrat
Iraq/Afghanistan-Bush-Republican
Libya-Obama-Democrat
So, no matter how you think, the facts are both sides have been involved. But the DEMS have lost allot more people in war..much much more...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Can you tell me how Saddam's Iraq was a threat to the average American's way of life, and how it coincides as well with the constitution in regards to defensive measures. What state was Saddam attacking?
Before you say the US was protecting the oil dollar, then I also ask you if you believe in personal responsibility on a government and country level, where they should be self sufficient and independent, and not dependent on other countries or leaders.

Do you believe in the direction and wishes of the founding fathers in regards to their positions on wars and foreign entanglements and that the military should be only used for defensive purposes?

"The Founding Fathers – the basis for American values – warned against standing armies and foreign entanglements, saying that overgrown military establishments destroy our liberty."

Our freedom's and Liberty get extinguished as we get into war after war. SO when do the wars end and when do we get our freedoms back?
His threat to us was our oil which is a big fricking deal for our life styles here..It is what it is. Our leaders wont get it from our own wells, so they drain the other guys tank first.
Founding Fathers didnt know everything. But, what does the founding fathers have to do with you, dems disregard the Constitution at will anyways. And most libs dont even know what kind of government the foundling fathers made.
Constitutional Republic, so you dont have to google it..

Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Natalie, might want to look up who started wars, and what party they were.
Correct me if I am wrong
WW1-Wilson , Democrat
WW2-Roosevelt, Democrat
Korean-Truman, Democrat
Vietnam- Kennedy, Democrat(Johnson Escalated it, Democrat), Nixon was the one that stopped it, Republican
Cold War, Libya, Lebanon, and Central America-Reagan..Republican.
Gulf War 1, Bush Sr-Republican
Gulf War 2, Clinton-Democrat
Iraq/Afghanistan-Bush-Republican
Libya-Obama-Democrat
So, no matter how you think, the facts are both sides have been involved. But the DEMS have lost allot more people in war..much much more...
It's still a shame on our country. This war should have never happened. We borrowed so much money and lost so many lives for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies