Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hitler had scientists too.
What a ridiculous remark. Now we are going to compare scientific study (research) on the impacts of too much population growth in any given country on their natural resources and social infrastructures to Hitlerism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
The only damn population control we need is when 85 year old Mildred, who already has 1 foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel spends yet another $100,000 of Medicare dollars to keep her alive another year.....cap it and cut it off.
Damn, I will be 80 in about three months and you sound like you are saying that "death panels" are the way to go. I hope you don't ever reach the age where they start telling you you are too old to get care.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a ridiculous remark. Now we are going to compare scientific study (research) on the impacts of too much population growth in any given country on their natural resources and social infrastructures to Hitlerism?
Hitler was for population control and sterilization and he had scientists. Of course his plans weren't to turn the land over to the critters. He just wanted all to be the blue eyed blond haired germans. Well except for the slaves.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damn, I will be 80 in about three months and you sound like you are saying that "death panels" are the way to go. I hope you don't ever reach the age where they start telling you you are too old to get care.
Many will agree as long as it's not them or theirs.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
I am concerned that this rule from Obamacare will be used as a form of controlling population from certain people. Isn't this more of the old time progressive method of controlling certain people from procreating? I see it as just that, for poor people and certain races. I love how the supporters of this crap talk in such high sounding words but won't talk about what is really happening. Listen to Nasty Nancy on the video.

Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free--Without Parental Consent | CNSNews.com

Do you people ever source anything that's not from a right-wing blog "news" site?
Seriously, try reading actual news and not just biased nonsense.

How does it affect you if a 15 year old girl CHOOSES to be sterilized? If she wants to do that, it's her choice, it's her body after all.

Stop trying to force your wackadoo religious beliefs on those of us who are more evolved. We don't believe in your silly superstitions, so stop forcing them on everyone.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:

Try telling that to an insurance company...they kick people out of the hospital because it's not "cost-effective". They bankrupt families because they no longer cover people after they've reached a limit.

Insurance companies will have a major say in your life ending early, moreso than the "death panels" nonsense that's been debunked DOZENS OF TIMES, I don't get how you people can't see this. Are Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann really that convincing to you people?

So do you only believe wacky rumors and completely deny all facts?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:13 PM

A fifteen year old can't even vote or or drink alcohol or smoke or drive on a regular license in most states because they aren't considered responsible enough to do so but you think it's perfectly fine to go sterilize themselves? Wow.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
A fifteen year old can't even vote or or drink alcohol or smoke or drive on a regular license in most states because they aren't considered responsible enough to do so but you think it's perfectly fine to go sterilize themselves? Wow.

No, this is not even an issue. The number of girls who this will happen to is nil. The whole thing is just another scare tactic from the radical "right" who have been forcing their right-wing Christian agenda on us for years.

The same MORON who runs that website is the same MORON who ran the Parents Television Council, the world's foremost censors of television. Why can't these IDIOTS at the PTC and the rest of those Christian Organizations keep their silly superstitions in private at their own homes? If they don't want to have their kids get sterilized, don't let their kids get knocked up (maybe by promoting birth control?). If they don't want South Park or a "wardrobe malfunction" on their TV, try turning the channel or getting rid of the thing altogether.

How about we focus on actual issues, like the economy, unemployment and the BILLIONS we waste every day on frivolous wars on Terror, Drugs, Prostitution, Cuba, Gambling and the rest of those wars on things which can't ever surrender or be eliminated?

Or you people can continue to force your primitive joke of a set of superstitions on us while our economy continues to tank...

Old 09-04-2012, 01:25 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Well it's not like this country needs more people. We are already on a path to overpopulation, so the more birth control and sterilizations, the better off we all will be.
Pretty much, yup. But I don't think a 15 year-old should have elective sterilization surgery. I think you should have to wait until you're 21 unless there's a good medical reason to sterilize someone.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
No, this is not even an issue. The number of girls who this will happen to is nil. The whole thing is just another scare tactic from the radical "right" who have been forcing their right-wing Christian agenda on us for years.

The same MORON who runs that website is the same MORON who ran the Parents Television Council, the world's foremost censors of television. Why can't these IDIOTS at the PTC and the rest of those Christian Organizations keep their silly superstitions in private at their own homes? If they don't want to have their kids get sterilized, don't let their kids get knocked up (maybe by promoting birth control?). If they don't want South Park or a "wardrobe malfunction" on their TV, try turning the channel or getting rid of the thing altogether.

How about we focus on actual issues, like the economy, unemployment and the BILLIONS we waste every day on frivolous wars on Terror, Drugs, Prostitution, Cuba, Gambling and the rest of those wars on things which can't ever surrender or be eliminated?

Or you people can continue to force your primitive joke of a set of superstitions on us while our economy continues to tank...
It is an issue if you have a fiften year old daughter who wants to perform this "option" that you deem not even an issue. Who is forcing what? LOL

Focus on the economy. Yeah talk to Obama about doing that. I'm tired of the war on women, abortion, racist rhetoric the democrats keep throwing out there. Good call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies