Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wow! Another poster who thinks that disrobing in public in a foreign country at a Christian Holy Site, in front of another Congressperson's wife and another Congressperson's daughter is acceptable behavior. Really unbelievable!!!!
I didn't say it was acceptable. But if you want to talk about inappropriate, let's talk about Bill Clinton doing a White House intern in the Oval Office. The only reason you are "appalled" at Yoder's behavior is that he is Republican. You guys are SO transparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No this guy shouldn't have done it, but it's done and gone now........just seems a little strange the left is more upset than the rest. When most on the left would like all of God related things removed from America, but cry out when it happens in Israel the land a lot hate or don't support.

Waste of time...........
Exactly. They don't care about anything related to God, and now they feign disgust that someone (Republican) would do such a thing. If it were a Democrat - Bill Clinton in the White House, for instance - it wouldn't be an issue.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
AFAIK - Mr. Clinton and Ms. Lewinski did not do their philandering on the White House lawn. They attempted to keep the affair private. I have no problem with what two consenting adults do to or with each other regardless of their personal status.

These clowns got drunk and naked in public and the press. Public drunkenness is already illegal in many places and naked drunken exposure is also illegal and in bad taste when in front of children. Although these actions are probably not impeachable they do indicate a lack of personal control by the perpetrators and I hope the voters consider this when they throw these adolescents out of office. Public drunkeness is immature and embarassing.

I do like the potential headlines: “Bible Thumping Pols go Skinny Dipping in Galilee”.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:31 PM

791 posts, read 1,434,157 times
I think the whole thing is hilarious. I'd be more, not less, likely to vote for the guy...and, lots more likely to go to a party if he was going to show up.

From the New York Times:

"...Representative Yoder of Kansas decided to disrobe entirely...this sent most of the members fleeing for the shore..." (Emphasis mine.)

Guess they didn't care for his one point stimulus program.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Democrats dont have a problem with a senator killing a girl in a drunken car accident then fleeing the sceene. why do they care about a congressman swimming in his birthday suit?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:23 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
AFAIK - Mr. Clinton and Ms. Lewinski did not do their philandering on the White House lawn. They attempted to keep the affair private. I have no problem with what two consenting adults do to or with each other regardless of their personal status.

These clowns got drunk and naked in public and the press. Public drunkenness is already illegal in many places and naked drunken exposure is also illegal and in bad taste when in front of children. Although these actions are probably not impeachable they do indicate a lack of personal control by the perpetrators and I hope the voters consider this when they throw these adolescents out of office. Public drunkeness is immature and embarassing.

I do like the potential headlines: “Bible Thumping Pols go Skinny Dipping in Galilee”.
seriously Greg, you are a liberal. you have no right to talk about what republicans do as it relates to moral behavior.

the citizens of Kansas who are in this guys district, and fellow republicans get to decide. they may even decide that this was much ado about nothing. but no liberal anywhere gets a voice.

All conservatives ought to very much agree on that point.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:08 PM

791 posts, read 1,434,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
seriously Greg, you are a liberal. you have no right to talk about what republicans do as it relates to moral behavior.

the citizens of Kansas who are in this guys district, and fellow republicans get to decide. they may even decide that this was much ado about nothing. but no liberal anywhere gets a voice.

All conservatives ought to very much agree on that point.
Seriously, put together with the DWI incident, it sounds like this guy has an alcohol problem.

His constituents are his employers. They might be concerned that the guy is performing sub optimally because he's got a perpetual hangover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies