Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Cheap shot...
... summarizes Hank Williams Jr's idiocy that he demonstrated with words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Cheap shot.....The opinion I have of your president is not about whether he or you are wrong or right...I really know nothing of his policy- I go by image and observation of the human being...He appears to be a light weight- with little real depth or character- and he might have a law degree..That does not make him intelligent...He has a good memory for detail and managed to pass his exam...big deal- One way or the other he is a non-entity..You expect to much out of this guy who was clearly installed by committee and who is ruled by a committee- I just do not see any real powerful leadership qualities in the guy..

As for Canada- I feel about the same for Canada as I do for the great USA- We are ruled by a committee of un-elected individual power mongers we never see...so we are in the same boat- you boat is just bigger...eh...Opinion is theory...Obama - just by looking at him and theorizing a bit...is EXACTLY what he looks like- A little black man with big ears who has passed his bar exams ...who loves being at the head of the class...He would have made a great gym teacher...sorry- oh- and he has a little head- You need a big head to be the leader of the free world....
As somebody who is a dual citizen living in Canada I would trade our ken doll Prime Minister
for President Obama in a New York minute!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:03 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Once again..... faux outrage by the leftist bedwetters

You guys and girls were all masturbating every time some leftist nut said derogatory things about Bush or any other rightwinger

Time to get over it selective outrage leftwing nutbags

Old 08-21-2012, 12:13 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It isn't often that right wingers come to defend celebrities especially from Hollywood, do they? Or, did I get that wrong... probably getting carried away in "double standards"?

Of course no righties are bashing Hank in here either...Or did I get that wrong?

Shall I bring up some Bill Maher threads....and find out how the lefties are/were defending him?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
So Hank Jr. is an uneducated ass? Add him to the list of celebrities with that qualification, Left and Right.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he does. At least he admits to being a hater.
But he can't possibly mean that he hates the president personally. He must be talking about his policies. I mean no decent Christian god fearing "real 'murican" can be capable of hatred, right?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Hank Williams Junior does not speak for me.
The guy is a jerk, has always been a jerk, and if he was a Democrat, he would her a Democratic jerk. He fell off a Montana mountain, nearly died and lost an eye because he was being a jerk.

And when God spared him, nothing changed. He was STILL A JERK when he recovered! No life changing wake-up calls for ol' Hank.

if you want to know about Hank Jr., just ask anybody in western Montana who had the misfortune to have met him. He's not welcome any more in that neck of the woods, even by the most far right folks I know there.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:55 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
I've never heard one Hank Williams Jr. song. Is this guy popular? Isn't more known for doing commerdials for football?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:55 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
As somebody who is a dual citizen living in Canada I would trade our ken doll Prime Minister for President Obama in a New York minute!
No need to trade. Just take him.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:21 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I've never heard one Hank Williams Jr. song. Is this guy popular? Isn't more known for doing commerdials for football?
He did have a brief moment of creativity after his skull was fractured in 3 places, and it paid off for him in the late 70's. After he completely healed, his hits went away, and he went back to being the same jerk he was before.
All his music is biographical. He spent the first 20 years of his life singing his daddy's songs and trying to be as good, which probably screwed him up. Then he spent the next 5 years singing about how great it was for him when he was drunk or stoned, mostly stoned. Then he fell off the mountain. And then, he went back to wanting to be nothing but drunk and/or stoned all the time, and so his music went back with him.

The football theme was nothing but a spin on one of his few real hits from the 70's, and boy, did he nurse it for all it was worth!

I think the guy has always had a death wish. Live hard, die young like his old man. it's too bad that he got old instead, and I'm sure he hates that fact. These days, he has a wet brain and in need of a double lung transplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies