Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:07 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times

Advertisements

Let's face it. The modern-day Republican Party has some real geniuses in it. From Akin's to Bachmann, they're overloaded with crackpots. It's the new "Know Nothing Party," and they don't WANT to know anything because their supporters apparently like electing morons.

I know some of my friends on the right are embarrassed by such a level of stupidity in their party, but the fact is that when you vote Republican, you own them all. They're yours.

"…..And in an on-air plea for sanity,* Joe Scarborough, the former G.O.P. congressman and MSNBC host, said, “I’m just tired of the Republican Party being the stupid party.”* I feel for him.* But don’t expect the reality chorus to grow. For if intelligence were contagious, his party would be giving out vaccines for it…"

The Crackpot Caucus - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Let's face it. The modern-day Republican Party has some real geniuses in it. From Akin's to Bachmann, they're overloaded with crackpots. It's the new "Know Nothing Party," and they don't WANT to know anything because their supporters apparently like electing morons.

I know some of my friends on the right are embarrassed by such a level of stupidity in their party, but the fact is that when you vote Republican, you own them all. They're yours.

"…..And in an on-air plea for sanity,* Joe Scarborough, the former G.O.P. congressman and MSNBC host, said, “I’m just tired of the Republican Party being the stupid party.”* I feel for him.* But don’t expect the reality chorus to grow. For if intelligence were contagious, his party would be giving out vaccines for it…"

Sad how far the Former Party of Lincoln has fallen.

Sometimes I do feel sorry for the more sane, centre-right folks who have to actually qualify being a Republican by saying "But I'm not part of the crazy wing" But the crazy wing owns the brand.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:27 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
There are plenty of ranting right wing nut jobs that post on this forum as well. It's hard to believe there are functioning adults with such far-out ideology.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

Sometimes I do feel sorry for the more sane, centre-right folks who have to actually qualify being a Republican by saying "But I'm not part of the crazy wing" But the crazy wing owns the brand.

That's the problem, isn't it? Not all Republican's are bat---t crazy, but they'll line up to vote for the crazies anyhow. I guess that's because party loyalty supersedes good sense.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,552,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

Yep. I know some very sane and moderate republicans, but when I see the crazies on TV spewing their nonsense, I can't help but put them all in the same boat.

If only there was a third party for moderate and sane people...

Old 08-24-2012, 12:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
and the democrat party doesnt have their crackpots? joe biden? blago? jessie jackson jr? al sharpton? people say stupid things ALL the time. the only difference is how the media reports the stupidity spewed by our elected officials. republicans get excoriated in the media for the most part, and democrats get a pass for the most part.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:59 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Let's face it. The modern-day Republican Party has some real geniuses in it. From Akin's to Bachmann, they're overloaded with crackpots.

Let's line em up and see.
Start with Debbie Blabbermouth Schultz and Sheila Jackson Lee.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:

And your party is the party of drunks, dopers and commies. Oh wait, and I forgot - - -the Klan and guys that text their weiners.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
That's the problem, isn't it? Not all Republican's are bat---t crazy, but they'll line up to vote for the crazies anyhow. I guess that's because party loyalty supersedes good sense.

Why not guess that they are voting for what they see as the lesser of 2 evils?

Old 08-24-2012, 01:04 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and the democrat party doesnt have their crackpots? joe biden? blago? jessie jackson jr? al sharpton? people say stupid things ALL the time. the only difference is how the media reports the stupidity spewed by our elected officials. republicans get excoriated in the media for the most part, and democrats get a pass for the most part.

Is Jessie Jackson Jr. even a rep anymore? I though he was being hospitalized to combat bipolar disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies