Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I'm sorry what happened to you, that is awful. But it wasn't the baby's fault. But you miscarried, that is a natural abortion. I hope you have healed from that tragic event.

no one said it was the "baby's" fault.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I didn't know child birth was such a ghastly ordeal. Maybe fathers should be charged with assault.

Who said life is supposed to be easy? In my view not allowing abortion is not forcing anybody to do anything. It's like taking away your gun; taking away your gun is not forcing you to not kill.

How is it the rapist's kid if the woman is raped and not the father's kid after a divorce? Do divorced women hate their kids? How do they live knowing they are raising the father's kids?
Wow! No words.....

Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
I didn't know child birth was such a ghastly ordeal. Maybe fathers should be charged with assault.

Who said life is supposed to be easy? In my view not allowing abortion is not forcing anybody to do anything. It's like taking away your gun; taking away your gun is not forcing you to not kill.

How is it the rapist's kid if the woman is raped and not the father's kid after a divorce? Do divorced women hate their kids? How do they live knowing they are raising the father's kids?
Ever heard of DNA? Rapists have used DNA to prove that they are the father, and have received parental rights. Divorce does not make a man magically become a non father. You might want to look at the law.

As for your abortion rights/ gun rights, I'll give up my right to legal abortion when everyone else gives up their gun rights.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:52 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
I'm sorry what happened to you, that is awful. But it wasn't the baby's fault. But you miscarried, that is a natural abortion. I hope you have healed from that tragic event.
I healed enough to fight people like you, absolutely.

And it wasn't a baby. It never was going to be a baby. An acorn isn't a tree, is it?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 PM

592 posts, read 414,726 times
Isn't the rapist's kid the mother's kid too? Who is going to make the decision? The emotional mother? It's the life in the womb - that's the thing being decided. It's not the womb. Better a court should decide; hear both sides - the father and the mother. In the case of rape, the father loses his right to be heard. Still it doesn't excuse the mother for wanting to abort her child, or the providers, or the counsellors. In this world it would seem right that a woman should not have to suffer the indignity of bearing a rapist's child. (I wonder if it would make a difference if the child was female?) But that's the problem; people can not turn their problems over to God. They can not follow the commandments.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Ever heard of DNA? Rapists have used DNA to prove that they are the father, and have received parental rights. Divorce does not make a man magically become a non father. You might want to look at the law.

As for your abortion rights/ gun rights, I'll give up my right to legal abortion when everyone else gives up their gun rights.
So how can a woman say it is her kid when she wants a divorce and not admit it is her kid if she was raped?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 PM

The point is, in this world it is virtually impossible to follow the commandments. I hope you believe me; there is another world.

Should a woman suffer the indignity of bearing a rapist's child? Because that's all it is, an indignity. If it was my mother or my daughter, I would have to admit even I would want the kid aborted. But would I? I don't know. You know even knowing what abortion is makes us guilty of abortion? Apparently even Christians don't know that. So how can we judge the godless for doing what we do?

Last edited by MarkT3; 08-24-2012 at 09:47 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
The point is, in this world it is virtually impossible to follow the commandments. I hope you believe me; there is another world.

Should a woman suffer the indignity of bearing a rapist's child? Because that's all it is, an indignity.
With all due respect, you don't seem to have any sympathy for the woman that was raped. Rape is a violent, heinous crime that can emotionally scar a woman for life. One can have compassion for both the woman and the baby. You seem to be lacking the former.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
With all due respect, you don't seem to have any sympathy for the woman that was raped. Rape is a violent, heinous crime that can emotionally scar a woman for life. One can have compassion for both the woman and the baby. You seem to be lacking the former.
I'm talking about the child. The rape has already occurred as you have pointed out before. Of course I can empathize with the rape victim. What makes you think I can't?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
So how can a woman say it is her kid when she wants a divorce and not admit it is her kid if she was raped?
Generally a child born out of a marriage was created in a loving and CONSENTING relationship. If there is a divorce later, that doesn't change the way the child was created. A child created from rape is NOT created out of love OR consent. The woman should not be forced to live with daily reminders of her violation, and she should not be held responsible financially for the costs associated with pregnancy because of a forceful act against her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies